$1.1 Billion in Infrastructure Investment by 2040

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Re: $1.1 Billion in Infrastructure Investment by 2040

Post by Uffda »

I am kind of surprised by the increasing of I-680 from Fort to Blair high to 6 lanes.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Uffda wrote:
I am kind of surprised by the increasing of I-680 from Fort to Blair high to 6 lanes.
It's kind of looked incomplete the last few years with an abrupt narrowing at Fort St. on the north-bound lanes. It's surely been part of the plan for quite some time.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

GetUrban wrote:
Uffda wrote:
It's kind of looked incomplete the last few years with an abrupt narrowing at Fort St. on the north-bound lanes. It's surely been part of the plan for quite some time.
I'm thinking they must have originally planned to go that far north and then ran out of money so they abruptly ended there. Because you are right - it does look incomplete.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Just got this email
Events This Coming Week
Below is a list of events and public meetings that MAPA and several of its community partners are hosting over the coming week.

If you have any further questions about the events or how to be involved please email me at mwalker@mapacog.org.

October 2016
MAPA is asking for input on the LRTP
MAPA needs the public’s help in ranking the top three roadways identified by residents for potential projects which would receive federal funding in the coming years. The rankings are part of the development process for MAPA’s 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP).

The roadways selected are based on feedback from surveys and meetings where the public was asked to prioritize goals and strategies for the region’s transportation needs.

The online survey can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/roadway4

The full list of meeting dates is listed on the MAPA website here.

Tuesday October 11th
Treynor Comprehensive Plan
MAPA will be at the Treynor City Council Meeting at 7pm to discuss the Treynor Comprehensive Plan.

The agenda can be found here.

Treynor Community Center
11 W Main Street
Treynor IA, 51575
Wednesday September 12th
Pottawatomie County Transportation Plan Meeting
On Wednesday the 12th MAPA will be having a joint meeting for the Pottawatomie County Transportation Plan and 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan.

The meeting will be at the Oakland Community Center from 5-8pm.

Wednesday October 12th
Omaha by Design 10 Speed Talk
10-Speed is a program that creates a common platform for architects, planners, engineers, landscape architects, policy-makers, activists, developers, investors, and designers to present perspectives and projects across disciplines to educate and to encourage debate on how we can make a better city. The aim of 10-Speed is to increase the impact of urban planning, design, and policy on the creation of a livable, competitive, economically successful, and sustainable city and to provide a forum for conversation that informs action.

The 10 Speed talk will be held at the Pizza Shoppe Collective in Benson starting at 5:30pm.
More information can be found here.

Thursday October 13th
North Omaha Long Range Transportation Meeting
MAPA needs the public’s help in ranking the top three roadways identified by residents for potential projects which would receive federal funding in the coming years. The rankings are part of the development process for MAPA’s 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP).

MAPA staff will be at the North Omaha High parent teacher conferences to ask for input on roadway prioritization for the region.

A full list of the meeting can be found on the MAPA website here.

Thursday October 13th
Mills County Comprehensive Plan
MAPA is hosting an open house to solicit feedback on the Mills County Comprehensive Plan

More information can be found on the Mills County website or the online flyer.

Friday October 14th
Downtown Omaha Long Range Transportation Meeting

MAPA staff will be at Aromas Coffee Shop from 9-11am.

A full list of the meeting can be found on the MAPA website here.
15-17, 26, 32
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Uffda wrote:
I take that way to and from work and am happy that they are doing this. It's an endless stream of cars coming off of the Irvington ramp and you have to get in the fast lane......period! I am tired of having to drive in the fast lane when I don't feel like it. Not to mention it's dangerous because some people don't realize they need to get over before it's too late.