Omaha Eppley Airfield

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Post by Brad »

I always thought ConAgra had a Fleet of Corporate jets that used the East Side, not the main terminal?
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

they do {use the other side of the airport and not the main terminal}... and the OAA was scheduled to discuss that leased space either in November or December (along with that of UP) - According to OAA website meeting agenda section.

I was speaking to the impact on ticketed passenger travel. I just cannot imagine the business travel done via airline for Con Agra would be so significant as to delay or cancel the project. I am 80% sure its incorrect (the reason for the delay/cancellation), but the source said the delay was confirmed according to what they've heard. *The source was not aware that I was using them as a source and the source works for OAA, but not in a leadership, supervisor capacity and typically is not involved with these projects... but the access is there.

Just thought I would see if anyone knew anything different or they had heard anything similar. I have been reading this forum for years and years, first time poster... so I know there are some resourceful people on here when it comes to this topic.
joleo
Home Owners Association

Post by joleo »

Frontier just announced today they are bringing back seasonal flights to Orlando.

Flights begin middle of February and run through the beginning of April. Flights are 4 days a week on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. Prices look cheap!

This will make 3 airlines serving Orlando:

Frontier - 4x per week during February and March described above
Southwest - Saturday only except during the months when it operates 7 days a week. (prices look more expensive)
Allegiant Airlines - Every Sunday and Thursday, all year long. (they are really cheap too some days - only $50 each way!)
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Frontier flies non-stop, however they charge $35 for a carry on each way and $30 for a checked bag each way. Assigned seats cost extra. If you decide to carry on or check a bag when you arrive at the airport, it costs more. Drinks and snacks cost extra.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Frontier flies non-stop, however they charge $35 for a carry on each way and $30 for a checked bag each way. Assigned seats cost extra. If you decide to carry on or check a bag when you arrive at the airport, it costs more. Drinks and snacks cost extra.
Allegiant is very similar with their "add-on" costs.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Allegiant and Spirit would charge you for the seatbelt if they could get away with it!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Uffda wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Frontier flies non-stop, however they charge $35 for a carry on each way and $30 for a checked bag each way. Assigned seats cost extra. If you decide to carry on or check a bag when you arrive at the airport, it costs more. Drinks and snacks cost extra.
Although I will say they were cheaper than Southwest this past Christmas time even with all the fees.
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

Has anyone heard/seen an update on the Eppley master plan for a new terminal building? Both terminals are so crowded that
you can barely move during peak hours and it's getting worse. The new parking garage being built I believe is being done in advance of the terminal being built.
Back Home in Omaha!
joleo
Home Owners Association

Post by joleo »

Omababe wrote:
Allegiant and Spirit would charge you for the seatbelt if they could get away with it!
Allegiant has very cheap fares and then they charge you for what you use. My best friend flew Allegiant to come back to the Michigan St Nebraska game from Orlando to Omaha on Allegiant. He didn't pick a seat, brought a backpack that went under the seat (free), and didn't buy anything on board. His total flight roundtrip was less than $120 bucks total! Not a bad deal. He said flight was 50% full one direction and completely full the other direction.

Another friend and two couples (4 total people), flew for $108 roundtrip to Orlando in early December for a wedding. Then they drove to a wedding in Miami. They had to check one bag per couple so that was an extra $30 each but $138 roundtrip was perfect for them! The other airlines were all $350 or more they said and they wouldn't have been able to afford to go if Allegiant hadn't come to Omaha.

Nickel and Diming is great...I love it if the fares are low...pay for only what you need and not anything else.

What gets me is United, Delta and American all charge for bags and the ticket prices are still outrageous! Allegiant and Frontier, tickets are cheap then only use what you need.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Has anyone else actually mailed their things ahead of time, or am I the only cheapskate here...
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:Has anyone else actually mailed their things ahead of time, or am I the only cheapskate here...
:lol: Never thought of that!
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

I was at the airport very late last night due to the very delayed flight of someone I was picking up...so I decided to take a few quick cell phone pics of the American Airlines ticket counter at Eppley. I also grabbed the American Airlines curbside sign and customer service kiosk.
Attachments
American Airlines terminal sign at Omaha Eppley Airfield (KOMA)
American Airlines terminal sign at Omaha Eppley Airfield (KOMA)
OMA CURB.jpg (137.16 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
American Airlines ticket counter at Omaha Eppley Airfield (KOMA)
OMA 0826.jpg (127.88 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
OMA FRONT.jpg (144.07 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

oh yeah ... the customer service kiosk and going up to the gates
Attachments
New American Airlines ticket counter at Omaha Airport (KOMA)
New American Airlines ticket counter at Omaha Airport (KOMA)
OMA ESCL.jpg (146.03 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
American Airlines ticketing at Omaha airport (KOMA)
American Airlines ticketing at Omaha airport (KOMA)
OMA312.jpg (235.22 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
American Airlines customer service kiosk at Omaha Eppley Airfield (KOMA)
American Airlines customer service kiosk at Omaha Eppley Airfield (KOMA)
OMA CS1.jpg (115.44 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Coyote wrote:Has anyone else actually mailed their things ahead of time, or am I the only cheapskate here...
How do you do that?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

daveoma wrote:
How do you do that?
Boxes. I have tons of shoe boxes of every size. Find shoe boxes that fit your standard shipping box in an organized way... Just put in what you need for the week(s), with clothes, keep the weight down, USPS to a local person/place you know... Pack it back up before you leave and have them USPS it back to your home. You have to have your "travel bags" of extra stuff, e.g. Shampoo, shaving cream, under garments prepared before hand. I have it all down to an art form. Call ahead to your hotel to get addresses secured... In the final analysis all you are left with is a mini packing tape... I go with return labels already made...
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Coyote wrote:
daveoma wrote:
How do you do that?
Boxes. I have tons of shoe boxes of every size. Find shoe boxes that fit your standard shipping box in an organized way... Just put in what you need for the week(s), with clothes, keep the weight down, USPS to a local person/place you know... Pack it back up before you leave and have them USPS it back to your home. You have to have your "travel bags" of extra stuff, e.g. Shampoo, shaving cream, under garments prepared before hand. I have it all down to an art form. Call ahead to your hotel to get addresses secured... In the final analysis all you are left with is a mini packing tape... I go with return labels already made...
How do you do it on the cheap? We're talking about 20-30 pounds of stuff..doesn't that cost like $50 or so?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

I did once on an around the world trip. I didnt want to carry my winter coat in the tropics, so I just mailed my coat to my cold weather destination. It was a bit rough landing in snowy weather and having to find my way to the hotel without a jacket though.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

daveoma wrote:
Coyote wrote:
daveoma wrote:
How do you do that?
How do you do it on the cheap? We're talking about 20-30 pounds of stuff..doesn't that cost like $50 or so?
Flat rate priority is only about $13
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Wow what a pain in the |expletive|, I'm so glad I never have to pay for not deal with any of that.
15-17, 26, 32
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Modest increase in passenger numbers. 50K increase. Still not to the 4.2 number.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Looks like 2007 is still the top year with 4,421,274.
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

American Airlines is going to offer daily non-stop flights to LA beginning June 2nd. :clap:
blueblood
Home Owners Association

Post by blueblood »

seasonal or year round? Which airport?
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

Year round daily flights start June 2. Flights leave Omaha at 7:30 a.m. and arrive at LAX, at 8:50 a.m. It will leave LAX at 6:18 p.m. and arrive in Omaha at 11:18 p.m.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Airbus A319
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Coyote wrote:Airbus A319
I thought Coyote flew G650s.
15-17, 26, 32
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

OmahaOmaha wrote:American Airlines is going to offer daily non-stop flights to LA beginning June 2nd. :clap:
Great news!

Southwest supposedly has non stop to LAX but it seems I always get laid over in Denver.

Now I hope it will be on real full size planes not the itty bitty ones that usually fly to Houston
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MTO wrote:
Coyote wrote:Airbus A319
I thought Coyote flew G650s.
Virgin Galactic
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I caught wind from a friend who flew Eppley a couple of days ago that signage now states it is "Omaha Eppley International Airfield".. Can anyone collaborate and verify this to be true?...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I caught wind from a friend who flew Eppley a couple of days ago that signage now states it is "Omaha Eppley International Airfield".. Can anyone collaborate and verify this to be true?...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I know Jeff on Grow Omaha loathes the "airfirld" I think we should keep it it's kind of one of those ironic names like parkway.
15-17, 26, 32
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

MTO wrote:it's kind of one of those ironic names like parkway.
Someone had to be messing with people when they came up with parkway and driveway...
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Omababe wrote:Southwest supposedly has non stop to LAX but it seems I always get laid over in Denver.
seasonal
joleo
Home Owners Association

Post by joleo »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Omababe wrote:Southwest supposedly has non stop to LAX but it seems I always get laid over in Denver.
seasonal
Southwest flies nonstop OMA-LAX starting in early June and ending in the middle of August. It's possible with American entering the market year-round that Southwest will either also try to fly it year round or they will not come back seasonally in summer 2017, depending how this summer does with both flying the route. Only time will tell.
joleo
Home Owners Association

Post by joleo »

Service on Omaha to Seattle on Alaska airlines switches to a Boeing 737-800 that has first class and holds 163 seats vs currently flown on a cr7 with no first class and only 70 seats. This is a huge difference and should bring down fares on the route. This starts June 5th! Nice!!!

Really only route Omaha is now missing is san Francisco on united. Come on United, get your act together!!!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

joleo wrote:Service on Omaha to Seattle on Alaska airlines switches to a Boeing 737-800 that has first class and holds 163 seats vs currently flown on a cr7 with no first class and only 70 seats. This is a huge difference and should bring down fares on the route. This starts June 5th! Nice!!!!!!
Very nice. Any confirmation on the singage at Eppley being "Omaha Eppley International Airfield"?...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Eppley's retail gallery will get a $100k remodel, anyone know what this will entail?
Athomsfere
Planning Board

Post by Athomsfere »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Very nice. Any confirmation on the singage at Eppley being "Omaha Eppley International Airfield"?...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I'm gonna go with no:

Traffic is decent (more than Tulsa, OKC, , but:
1) No Customs
2) No International Flights
3) I can't find any even sort of official places calling it "International".
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

A pilot friend of mine says that technically, both Eppley and Millard are "international airports" since it's legal to land international traffic at both of them.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Thanks for the feedback on that one guys..

One of my friends stated she saw the signage referencing "International" when she flew back into town in January. I'll be flying to LA at some point towards the end of summer. I'll try to confirm if it's true with my own eyes (and iPhone camera) :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I fly in/out of Eppley at least once a month and I haven't seen any signage. Of course I'm not really looking for it. I'll look closer next week.