Omaha Eppley Airfield

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Post by MadMartin8 »

Ryan Air wrote:The only heads that will be rolling will be those working for Southwest

1.) The Department of Homeland Security and Omaha Airport Authority Police are not connected in anyway.
2.) Omaha Airport Authority Police department is an accredited law enforcement agency. Their officers are often former State Patrol, Omaha Police, or FBI. Additionally, it may be of interest, that Airport Police have specialized training in counter terrorism, multi jurisdiction law enforcement operations, special aviation related training
3.) The weirdo was not only detected by Omaha Airport Authority Police, he was approached and witnessed by Airport Police climbing the fence BECAUSE THEY WERE DOING THEIR JOB AND PRESENT TO SEE IT– which means there was no lapse in security. Any officer at any department would have reacted in the same manner- especially in the climate we are currently in. Had this individual been determined to have been “something more” than he was, several officers were in range to fire and neutralize the target. It was reported by witnesses that he scaled the fence in three movements.
4.) The Airport Police are trained in this EXACT scenario and the diversion of the suspect and avoidance of the active runway was textbook.
5.) You are making fun of a police organization with the training and ability to discern threats accurately and respond accordingly with appropriate force. Should they have killed another black man and really made national news? By some of you size queens in here obsessed by delusional rankings of Omaha, I’m sure you would prefer it, if only for publicity sake.
6.) The suspect was in custody in FOUR MINUTES. It would have been substantially less had the retarded Southwest employee not left his keys in the truck. In fact, the damage would have been avoided completely and this would not have made national news.
7.) The damage caused and the incident involving the aircraft is the sole responsibility of Southwest. The failure of their employee to follow procedure directly caused an otherwise substantially more controlled situation to become exponentially more dangerous and erratic, leading to injuries and nearly a million dollars in damage.

By the way: the fence motion sensors and cameras also performed properly, the response of back-up by Omaha Police was adequate and fast, the treatment and transportation of the suspect was seamless and humane. The airport, the terminal drive, nor any other services were ever shut down and due to the collaborated response of the many responding agencies, harm to the public and suspect was contained.

Any fence, protecting any property is only a fence. The same fence could have been compromised at MDW, HOU, DSM, SAN, LGA… If you think this issue or vulnerability is unique to Omaha, I invite you to simply google the subject.

Well, that was a mic drop moment. :)
No posts exist for this topic
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Ryan Air wrote:The only heads that will be rolling will be those working for Southwest
Let's see here ... we have a facility with multiple security forces, all whose job it is, among other things, to keep unwanted people out and to prevent criminal conduct and property damage.

Then some Joe Random successfully breaks in and does 6-7 figures of damage.

I would call that an epic fail under any set of circumstances.
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

Omababe wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Let's see here ... we have a facility with multiple security forces, all whose job it is, among other things, to keep unwanted people out and to prevent criminal conduct and property damage.

Then some Joe Random successfully breaks in and does 6-7 figures of damage.

I would call that an epic fail under any set of circumstances.
No. Not "multiple security forces". Omaha Airport Authority is the law enforcement agency for Eppley Airfield. They are the responding agency when law enforcement is needed. Their job is not to "keep unwanted people out and prevent criminal conduct and property damage" - no law enforcement agency has that "job". Their job is to allocate resources and tools to protect the public and property - and by doing so respond to any calls in their jurisdiction. If "keep unwanted people out" and "prevent criminal conduct " were the standards of law enforcement, then every shooting, robbery, theft, and trespassing in the city of Omaha would indicate a "epic fail" of Omaha Police.

You cannot control other people. You can mitigate potential crime, property damage and harm by allocating resources as a deterrent and when criminals maneuver around these tools, you respond appropriately. The fence and monitoring systems, positions of officers and patrol units were the deterrents he went around and committed his crime, my previous post outlines the response of the responding agencies.

People have rights. You can't simply arrest the guy for yelling. Foot pursuits happen all the time before an officer can even properly investigate, such as was with this case. There are even times when the crazy high guy gets away (as was with the Douglas County and Omaha Police pursuit that occurred near 72nd and 680 after a traffic stop a couple weeks ago). They had two Omaha officers, a county deputy and Able One... the suspect still got away even after more responders joined on the search. It happens. It's not always an indication of a failure on the cops, some times it's more of an indication of the level of crazy of the criminal.

Now as for the TSA and Department of Homeland Security, I cannot speak to or render an opinion because I'm not sure what they're really supposed to do. All I know is what they're not doing at commercial airports and that is not being the police as they have no law enforcement role... as with Eppley, when something happens requiring police, they contact whatever agency has jurisdiction.
OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaFan »

The Omaha Airport police really did a good job with containing the guy. Also you have to understand like what Ryan said there is only one Law enforcement agency at Eppley and they did a fine job on containing the situation. I also agree that it most likely will be someone at southwest getting there butts chewed for leaving a truck running on the tarmac. By the way the TSA has no police powers therefore could not have been involved in this incident. Regarding Homeland security they would most likely be called after the act has occurred to conduct a investigation with other federal partners such as the FBI, NTSB etc.Also I want to say that when dealing with a person that's supposedly high on drugs you really don't know what they will do or even how powerful they are going to be. It's a dangerous position for any officer encountering someone like that. Plus when they are high on certain drugs a Tazer wont even cut it they just tear those prongs out and keep doing what they are doing.
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

Airport authority had construction permit listed on the World Herald today of $3,245,200. Any idea what this is for?
Back Home in Omaha!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

jjjjhskr wrote:Airport authority had construction permit listed on the World Herald today of $3,245,200. Any idea what this is for?
Is it the new parking garage?
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
jjjjhskr wrote:Airport authority had construction permit listed on the World Herald today of $3,245,200. Any idea what this is for?
Is it the new parking garage?
Probably. That's what most of Eppley's buildings seem to be anymore.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

The master plan shows that the parking garage is to be built ahead of the redo of the terminal(s). The rebuild of the terminals will add approximately 10 more gates initially. It also says that passenger traffic needs to be approx. 4.4 millions (about 170k more annually) for the construction to start.

For anyone who has been at the terminal B gates during peak times, there is about zero room to walk around because there are so many people crammed into the place.

Also, I'm liking that Heath Mello who is going to run against Stothert has said one of his goals is to make OMA an international airport.
Back Home in Omaha!
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

jjjjhskr wrote:The master plan shows that the parking garage is to be built ahead of the redo of the terminal(s). The rebuild of the terminals will add approximately 10 more gates initially. It also says that passenger traffic needs to be approx. 4.4 millions (about 170k more annually) for the construction to start.
I think you are off by about a million. PAL 2 which would trigger the bulk of the terminal work is 5.4 million passengers. At 2% annual passenger growth from the end of 2015 that is roughly 14 years off. There is some North concourse work mentioned in PAL 1 at 4.8 million passengers, but at 2% growth that is about 8 years away and it is still unclear how extensive that work actually is. It is a shame the actual master plan isn't publicly available like Des Moines or Kansas City.
jjjjhskr wrote: Also, I'm liking that Heath Mello who is going to run against Stothert has said one of his goals is to make OMA an international airport.
:roll: I'm still not sure how one turns what is already an international airport into an international airport. 2) How a mayor would do this and 3) Why we would want to spend the money to do so versus elsewhere in the city and 4) Why we should do anything right now with basically a brand new terminal on the distant horizon.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Mr.Nuke wrote:I'm still not sure how one turns what is already an international airport into an international airport.
That's easy! You rename it to Eppley International Airport! :)
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Omababe wrote:
Mr.Nuke wrote:I'm still not sure how one turns what is already an international airport into an international airport.
That's easy! You rename it to Eppley International Airport! :)
If OKC is Will Rogers World Airport and Houston's is George Bush Intercontinental then Omaha should dream large. Omaha Galactic Time Warp Shoppes Pointe Place!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Changes at Eppley Airfield aim to ease crunch when work starts on new parking garage

Existing garage, 1,074 spots (519 public, 555 for rental cars):

New Garage, 3,000 spots (2,100 public, 900 for rental cars):

Also some more info from the article:
The master plan dictates that when the airport nears 5.4 million passengers annually it will trigger a renovation and expansion of the terminal, where travelers pick up baggage and check in with airlines.

At 7 million passengers, the airport would expand the north and south concourses, the areas beyond security checkpoints where people wait to board flights.

A parking guidance system that has been in place for about a month and shows drivers where available spots are on each floor in the parking garage. The system has sensors that hang from the ceiling that turn green when an available parking spot is nearby; blue when a handicapped parking spot is nearby; and red when there are no spots nearby.

The sensors have cameras that tie into the “find your vehicle” feature of the app. McCoy said Eppley is only the second airport in the country to have such a system; Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Florida was the first.
Nice to see that we are only the second airport in the US to have the parking feature.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

I saw that when I went to Denver last month. Since most were red I thought they were heaters. Which would have been weird since its summer.
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association

Post by WBR_Tom »

I'm biased, as I've been working on the marketing side of the project for about six months, but the "Park Assist" system is really, really cool. As was mentioned by another poster, Eppley is only the second airport in the U.S. to get this system, so Omaha is on the cutting edge here.

The "globes" have a camera that covers four spots -- two on each side of the aisle -- and not only change colors based on whether a space is open or not, they send data to a server that populates the space count signs on the front of the garage, on each level, the website, AND in the smartphone app; all of those will give you a real-time count of how many spots are open on a given level. From the time you leave your house until you pull into a space, you'll be able to use the system to find a space much quicker (or know to avoid the garage altogether if it's full).

Oh, and the cameras can also be used to find your car in the garage by using the app; you just type in all or part of your license plate number, and the app shows you both a photo of your car and a map to show you where it is. Cool stuff.
Attachments
Close-up - Green Light.jpg
Close-up - Green Light.jpg (47.77 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
APGS Light Row (3a).jpg
APGS Light Row (3a).jpg (84.12 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

WBR_Tom wrote:I'm biased, as I've been working on the marketing side of the project for about six months, but the "Park Assist" system is really, really cool. As was mentioned by another poster, Eppley is only the second airport in the U.S. to get this system, so Omaha is on the cutting edge here.
KETV just did a segment on this. I haven't seen it posted yet...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

WBR_Tom wrote:I'm biased, as I've been working on the marketing side of the project for about six months, but the "Park Assist" system is really, really cool. As was mentioned by another poster, Eppley is only the second airport in the U.S. to get this system, so Omaha is on the cutting edge here.

The "globes" have a camera that covers four spots -- two on each side of the aisle -- and not only change colors based on whether a space is open or not, they send data to a server that populates the space count signs on the front of the garage, on each level, the website, AND in the smartphone app; all of those will give you a real-time count of how many spots are open on a given level. From the time you leave your house until you pull into a space, you'll be able to use the system to find a space much quicker (or know to avoid the garage altogether if it's full).

Oh, and the cameras can also be used to find your car in the garage by using the app; you just type in all or part of your license plate number, and the app shows you both a photo of your car and a map to show you where it is. Cool stuff.
Call up UNMC. We were at a parking meeting yesterday and this sort of functionality was suggested.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

NovakOmaha wrote: Omaha Galactic Time Warp Shoppes Pointe Place!
Green River Wyoming (or is it Utah?) named their puddle-jumper airstrip "Green River Intergalactic Airport" a while back.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

I think that permit was for the additional south screening check point? I know this is either complete or nearly completed. This apparently will reverse walking traffic to/from the south concourse. Toward the concourse you'll be walking to the left and entering to the left- as your walking those exiting the secure area will be walking to your right and exiting to your right. They are taking A1 space for additional screening / entrance into the concourse.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

That's beyond egregious :barf:
15-17, 26, 32
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

It works, though. Had it not been for that, Green River would likely never ever be mentioned on this board.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Ryan Air wrote:They are taking A1 space for additional screening / entrance into the concourse.
There's a gate on the north side that is almost completely blocked with the security area as well now.
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

Omababe wrote:
Ryan Air wrote:They are taking A1 space for additional screening / entrance into the concourse.
There's a gate on the north side that is almost completely blocked with the security area as well now.
Yeah- I believe they are doing similar to the south concourse.

I get that the master plan has various "markers" for when projects take place, mostly having to do with annual passenger volume.

HOWEVER- I am not aware that the master plan, along with those numbers, take into account time of day and corresponding "volume" in the concourses.

I have noticed the past few years that as more carriers come and larger planes are used, not to mention added destinations, that there seems to be a real issue with the space in both concourses at peak times. Delta and Southwest are the hogs in their respective concourses, and I have watched these issues turn into missed flights and inadequate concession capabilities. In addition to that, I have seen Delta's ticket counter smash other carrier passengers and even hold up traffic on the terminal drive. Its like all these people need to be dropped off right at the Delta door. One could say similarly, but to a lesser extent, Southwest on the north side. There is just more open space, so crowding is not such an issue.

Now I get that this is only happening during peak times and the vast majority of the time Eppley is "in and out" without issue. But I do have to point out that facilities like airport and other such places need to have capacity to well-accommodate those using the facility at peak times- even if for only 5 hours in a 24-hour period. As panes get larger and as new destinations are added, we will only see this issue become more and more apparent.

I think the airport should seriously consider extending concourses to be more linear (opposed to the "circular" or square setup they currently have) to accommodate expansion sooner.

Its all about efficiency and accommodating passengers to keep the lure and high rating users currently have. The airport does not need more gates or really even more space. What it needs is a more efficient layout and better use of its current space. I'd imagine a less substantial but more immediate plan will be coming out - yes, its good to be prepared and have a master plan for the future (I think the FAA even requires it) but also, perhaps there are some unique needs I'm starting to see here that may require attention sooner.

Any thoughts?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I would love one linear terminal. It could be similar to Love in Dallas. We are talking about a lot of $$ tho thats always a sticking point.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

iamjacobm wrote:I would love one linear terminal.
That is effectively what the master plan calls for.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Ryan Air wrote: I get that the master plan has various "markers" for when projects take place, mostly having to do with annual passenger volume.

HOWEVER- I am not aware that the master plan, along with those numbers, take into account time of day and corresponding "volume" in the concourses.
Again it is hard to tell as the masterplan information out there is the equivalent of about a two-page summary of a probably several hundred-page document. That said other master plans I’ve seen are accounting for volume in various aspects i.e. a FIS facility’s size requirements are based on handling x hourly passengers. And I think the security expansion you’re seeing at Eppley right now is an obvious function of needing more capacity at specific times as well.
Ryan Air wrote: I think the airport should seriously consider extending concourses to be more linear (opposed to the "circular" or square setup they currently have) to accommodate expansion sooner. Its all about efficiency and accommodating passengers to keep the lure and high rating users currently have. The airport does not need more gates or really even more space. What it needs is a more efficient layout and better use of its current space.
Particularly your last two statements I think you might be overestimating the impact of a linear terminal. If that provides a means to getting people to spread out beyond security be it more dining options or shopping options, etc. then yes it could have a significant impact. That said if you have 2, 3, or 4 Southwest flights departing within 45 minutes of each other or multiple Delta flights, etc. Regardless of the design of the terminal you are going to have a significant number of people waiting in a concentrated area. This is true for a lot of the airports I’ve been to regardless of design.

I’m also a bit hesitant to overbuild something to accommodate peak times. I think when the terminal eventually gets built it probably does get overbuilt in the sense that you want it to be able to accommodate the next 25+ years. That said, there becomes a point of diminishing returns with anything like this. Does it make sense to add 3 lanes each way on I-80 between 480 and 680 because they’d be used 30 minutes each way daily?

Lastly, the reason I don’t think you’ll see anything done particularly early in their passenger projections is that 50%+ of the funding for the work is tied to either a new passenger tax or airport funds, both of which are revenue dependent on actual passenger revenue. Starting earlier by taking on more bonds (debt) to build something that isn’t probably needed due to the terminals functioning 90+% of the time, excess gate capacity right now, etc. is going to be a tough sell.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Eppley finally posted their August numbers. 3% increase. Not enough to trigger a new terminal but solid growth.

Scratch the surface a bit and look at who is up and who is down. Delta, American & United are all down. Allegiant, Alaska, Frontier & Southwest all grew. What I see is that the point to point demand has been stifled til now. Maybe the legacies should take a hint.
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

Mr.Nuke wrote:
Ryan Air wrote: I get that the master plan has various "markers" for when projects take place, mostly having to do with annual passenger volume.

Again it is hard to tell as the masterplan information out there is the equivalent of about a two-page summary of a probably several hundred-page document. That said other master plans I’ve seen are accounting for volume in various aspects i.e. a FIS facility’s size requirements are based on handling x hourly passengers. And I think the security expansion you’re seeing at Eppley right now is an obvious function of needing more capacity at specific times as well.
Ryan Air wrote: I think the airport should seriously consider extending concourses to be more linear (opposed to the "circular" or square setup they currently have) to accommodate expansion sooner. Its all about efficiency and accommodating passengers to keep the lure and high rating users currently have. The airport does not need more gates or really even more space. What it needs is a more efficient layout and better use of its current space.
Particularly your last two statements I think you might be overestimating the impact of a linear terminal. If that provides a means to getting people to spread out beyond security be it more dining options or shopping options, etc. then yes it could have a significant impact. That said if you have 2, 3, or 4 Southwest flights departing within 45 minutes of each other or multiple Delta flights, etc. Regardless of the design of the terminal you are going to have a significant number of people waiting in a concentrated area. This is true for a lot of the airports I’ve been to regardless of design.

I’m also a bit hesitant to overbuild something to accommodate peak times. I think when the terminal eventually gets built it probably does get overbuilt in the sense that you want it to be able to accommodate the next 25+ years. That said, there becomes a point of diminishing returns with anything like this. Does it make sense to add 3 lanes each way on I-80 between 480 and 680 because they’d be used 30 minutes each way daily?

Lastly, the reason I don’t think you’ll see anything done particularly early in their passenger projections is that 50%+ of the funding for the work is tied to either a new passenger tax or airport funds, both of which are revenue dependent on actual passenger revenue. Starting earlier by taking on more bonds (debt) to build something that isn’t probably needed due to the terminals functioning 90+% of the time, excess gate capacity right now, etc. is going to be a tough sell.
I disagree with everything except for your final point - especially when cosmetic changes and better use of space could be a much cheaper solution, but I do get what you're saying. You final point makes complete sense as to why we would not see anything earlier - I was not aware of what or how financing was working. Buffet Airport has a nice ring to it lol - come on, dude, its only 50% of the total cost.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I know Eppley has to hit that specific number for expansion to happen, does anybody realistically know when were projected to hit that?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Linkin5 wrote:I know Eppley has to hit that specific number for expansion to happen, does anybody realistically know when were projected to hit that?
Based on the current Eppley growth rate, I'd say we're still another 3-5 years away...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

NovakOmaha wrote: What I see is that the point to point demand has been stifled til now. Maybe the legacies should take a hint.
I don't know that the numbers necessarily support your conclusion especially when you throw in Frontier who during October was only flying to and from Denver. That's kind of where you need to have the DOT data to see where people were flying (Southwest connects a fair amount of passengers on the bulk of their Omaha destinations), what the load factors on flights were, and what people were paying for tickets.

3% for the year so far is solid though. The other number that really jumps out at me is United. Despite moderate declines for the year overall, they're still up 23.7% for the year and over 34% for August alone for mainline flying. That is a nice positive there.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Linkin5 wrote:I know Eppley has to hit that specific number for expansion to happen, does anybody realistically know when were projected to hit that?
It's hard to say. The original projections started somewhere in 2010 and projected growth using a base (2.5%), best (3.0%), and low (2.0%) annual growth. Base growth would've hit Pal 1 around this year and PAL 2 (the bulk of the terminal work including making it one central terminal) in roughly 2020. The problem is since the end of 2010 average annual growth has been about -0.5%. This will be the first year since 2010 that annual passenger traffic has exceed 2010. So in effect, everything is 6 years behind schedule.

If 3.0% growth continues through the end of the year, that puts traffic at roughly 4.3 million passengers this year. The question becomes what is an appropriate estimated growth rate to use going forward?

PAL 1 is 4.8 million passengers. This phase includes a partial North terminal expansion. 2% annual growth would hit this in 5 and a half years. 3% would hit it in 3 and 3/4 years. Anything lower obviously prolongs that timeline. And the last 6 years show it can go significantly lower. As of last Spring they were planning to RFP this for roughly 2018 with construction starting in 2019.

Pal 2 is 5.4 million passengers. This is the phase that includes the bulk of terminal work including connecting the North and South terminals into a joint terminal. 2% annual growth would hit this in 11 and a half years. 3% growth would hit this in 7 and 3/4 years.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

The road from 4.3 to 4.8 to 5.4 million, taking the math route:

To get from 4.3 to 4.8 looks like this: to add 500,000 total passengers, Eppley would need to fill an additional 5 Southwest 137 seat 737s in and out every day of the year. Could be doable, if Southwest adds flights and frequencies.

To get from 4.3 to 5.4 million, Eppley would need to fill about 11 of those Southwest jets in and out every day.

Of course not every seat on those Southwest jets would be filled every day. This would be more conceivable if Allegiant and Frontier add destinations along with Southwest. Maybe Jetblue comes to town. The legacy carriers could move from regional jets to full size, along with more cities and frequencies. Maybe Spirit comes to town.

Lincoln airport could close and a high speed rail is built between Lincoln and Eppley, but I wouldn't count on that.

4.3 to 5.4 is a very tall order. Years ago Eppley toyed with 4.5 million.

In reality to get to 5.4 Eppley would have to cannibalize quite a bit of Des Moines and Kansas City's catchment areas. Doesn't seem very likely without both price and non stops being very attractive, especially regarding KC.

I hate to sound like Debbie Downer but the road from 4.3 to 5.4 is going to be very difficult. On the other hand interim improvements are doable and have already started, such as the garage. Slow steady growth has been Eppley's hallmark.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Say, has anyone tried that new canopy parking area?

I thought this was supposed to be for rental cars but it's now a covered parking area and cheaper than the garage. It looks like it will be handy for avoiding snow in the winter and hail in the summer.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Will these expanded rental and parking facilities in one way or another help grow the passenger counts?
15-17, 26, 32
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

MTO wrote:Will these expanded rental and parking facilities in one way or another help grow the passenger counts?

Can't imaging that it would. I have never known anyone to make a decision on air travel based on where they can park their car at the airport while out of town. Now once they make the commitment to travel there may be a decision on WHERE to park or HOW to get to the airport but that is after the decision to travel by air is made.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

When it comes time to build the new terminal, they won't have to touch the parking facilities because they'll already be done and ready for new capacity.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

September traffic for Eppley is up 9.8% compared to September 2015. Overall traffic through September is up 3.7% now versus 2015.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Mr.Nuke wrote:September traffic for Eppley is up 9.8% compared to September 2015. Overall traffic through September is up 3.7% now versus 2015.
That is a very robust monthly uptick in growth..

3.7% increase over 2015 is good steady growth overall.. This past Saturday our friends at the Grow Omaha radio show had 2 gentlemen from the Omaha Airport Authority on the show. Good, informative Intel on the phases of growth and the plan for Eppley in the future..

The podcast link-

http://poddirectory.com/episode/1488016 ... a-10-15-16

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!