Omaha Eppley Airfield

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 pm

This is tremendous news! Now 32 non stop destinations and counting..

5 million annual passengers for OMA here we come :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

joleo
Home Owners Association
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: Des Moines

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby joleo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:This is tremendous news! Now 32 non stop destinations and counting..

5 million annual passengers for OMA here we come :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


33 destinations, Allegiant announced Omaha to Punta Gorda Florida today as well!

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:31 pm

joleo wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:This is tremendous news! Now 32 non stop destinations and counting..

5 million annual passengers for OMA here we come :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


33 destinations, Allegiant announced Omaha to Punta Gorda Florida today as well!


No doubt :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 am

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2017/10/03/onejet-opens-milwaukee-base-with-columbus-omaha.html

OneJet announced it would open its second operating base at Milwaukee County's General Mitchell International Airport. Starting Nov. 1, there will be direct nonstop service from there to Columbus and Omaha.

The airline will have four daily flights to and from each city.

OneJet opened its first base in Pittsburgh in 2016 with two daily flights. The company now offers more than 160 weekly flights.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 am

Interesting that the former CEO of Midwest Airlines is an investor in this company. I know someone on here, probably NovakOmaha has said we were a hub for that airline at one time.

Also these are small planes. Still another nonstop with twice daily service.

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:55 am

iamjacobm wrote:Interesting that the former CEO of Midwest Airlines is an investor in this company. I know someone on here, probably NovakOmaha has said we were a hub for that airline at one time.

Also these are small planes. Still another nonstop with twice daily service.


Four, not two. Very small planes.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Even though very small, it’s another nice “get”..

This brings OMA to 34 non stop destinations I believe...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:46 pm

34 would be correct. At 4 round trips per day with 9 passenger planes you're only looking at somewhat over 2,000 passengers per month. Not much of a windfall but hey, why not?


I still feel that Boston, JFK, BWI, Dulles and Ft. Lauderdale are all reasonable destinations to add. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans and San Antonio are less so but still within reason. Toronto, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, as I said before, whatever it takes to do it, do it.

I don't have much of a dog in this hunt but as I see it Eppley is a sleeping giant in terms of an economic powerhouse for Omaha. When you consider that not that long ago Omaha had service to 16 airports the level of service now and announced is amazing.

joleo
Home Owners Association
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: Des Moines

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby joleo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:06 pm

NovakOmaha wrote:34 would be correct. At 4 round trips per day with 9 passenger planes you're only looking at somewhat over 2,000 passengers per month. Not much of a windfall but hey, why not?


Actually it is only 2 roundtrips per day on weekdays only. It is also either a 7 or 8 seat plane. That is only around 600 seats per month, or about 0.1% of the Eppley traffic. That also assumes all the flights are full too. This is a nice get, just won't affect the overall airport traffic numbers.

Looking, flights seem to be $400 roundtrip for the cheap fares. This is found at onejet.com. Not too bad of a price if you ask me! I flew roundtrip to MKE from DSM on a last minute ticket over the summer and had to connect in Chicago and it was over $1,000. This would have been a welcome option if I lived in Omaha for sure!!

bigredmed1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby bigredmed1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:08 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Interesting that the former CEO of Midwest Airlines is an investor in this company. I know someone on here, probably NovakOmaha has said we were a hub for that airline at one time.

Also these are small planes. Still another nonstop with twice daily service.

We were a secondary hub after Milwaukee.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 pm

More awesome news for OMA!..

From the W-H-

“American Airlines will begin offering a twice-daily nonstop flight between Omaha and Philadelphia International Airport this spring.

The flight will launch May 4. The airline will fly the route with an Embraer E0175 seating 76 people.

American also provides daily nonstop service to Chicago; Charlotte, North Carolina; Dallas; Los Angeles; Miami; and Phoenix.

“This announcement marks the third new destination by American from Omaha in two years and is another demonstration of passenger demand fueled by a strong local economy,” said Steve McCoy, manager of airline affairs for the Omaha Airport Authority, which operates Eppley Airfield.”...

The story link-

http://www.omaha.com/money/american-air ... 0e98f.html

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

damonhynes
Home Owners Association
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby damonhynes » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Did I tell ya's, or did I tell ya's? AAmerican sees Frontier off with 2x frequencies! (I'd have rather had A319s, but...)
https://www.facebook.com/OmaNews/

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 pm

damonhynes wrote:Did I tell ya's, or did I tell ya's? AAmerican sees Frontier off with 2x frequencies! (I'd have rather had A319s, but...)


It's about time...

Just saw. Does Moines too to phl.

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Anyone who's been on this board for six months or longer know that one of my hobbies is complaining about the omaha world herald, the local monopoly fishwrap. Now, I will admit that recently the owh has reported on new non stop flights from Eppley. Or, more accurately it has either been contacted by the airport, reprinted a press release or used posts here to let the unwashed masses know that they can fly to more places without stopping for gas & directions. Good for them. It does seem that lately someone named Paige Yowell has been the reporter of record on new airline service. According to her bio on the owh web site "Paige is a business reporter for The World-Herald. She covers retailing, from local boutiques to Fortune 1000 companies. She also keeps tabs on retail development and trends." I'm not sure where Eppley fits into the retailing, from local boutiques to Fortune 1000 companies, retail development and trends. Perhaps Eppley is a trend? Perhaps one or more of the airlines is a Fortune 1000 company? Anyway, Paige? If you're reading this, and over the years it appears that at the very least an intern at the paper has, maybe do a story about the growth of service at the airport? Maybe another one on construction, now and planned? You could even call the airport authority and ask some questions and us their answers in your story. I could be wrong but I think some people who read the paper might find that interesting.

I just reread my post so far & wow is it snarky.

Anyway Paige. Keep up the good work.

damonhynes
Home Owners Association
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby damonhynes » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 pm

NovakOmaha wrote:
Anyway Paige. Keep up the good work.


She works for Warren Buffet, She does what she's told, job description be damned. The OWH is one puff piece after another, interspersed with teenage political blather.
https://www.facebook.com/OmaNews/

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Garrett » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:11 pm

NovakOmaha wrote:Anyone who's been on this board for six months or longer know that one of my hobbies is complaining about the omaha world herald, the local monopoly fishwrap. Now, I will admit that recently the owh has reported on new non stop flights from Eppley. Or, more accurately it has either been contacted by the airport, reprinted a press release or used posts here to let the unwashed masses know that they can fly to more places without stopping for gas & directions. Good for them. It does seem that lately someone named Paige Yowell has been the reporter of record on new airline service. According to her bio on the owh web site "Paige is a business reporter for The World-Herald. She covers retailing, from local boutiques to Fortune 1000 companies. She also keeps tabs on retail development and trends." I'm not sure where Eppley fits into the retailing, from local boutiques to Fortune 1000 companies, retail development and trends. Perhaps Eppley is a trend? Perhaps one or more of the airlines is a Fortune 1000 company? Anyway, Paige? If you're reading this, and over the years it appears that at the very least an intern at the paper has, maybe do a story about the growth of service at the airport? Maybe another one on construction, now and planned? You could even call the airport authority and ask some questions and us their answers in your story. I could be wrong but I think some people who read the paper might find that interesting.

I just reread my post so far & wow is it snarky.

Anyway Paige. Keep up the good work.


Don't try to claim MTO's gig. :lol:
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Garrett wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:Anyone who's been on this board for six months or longer know that one of my hobbies is complaining about the omaha world herald, the local monopoly fishwrap. Now, I will admit that recently the owh has reported on new non stop flights from Eppley. Or, more accurately it has either been contacted by the airport, reprinted a press release or used posts here to let the unwashed masses know that they can fly to more places without stopping for gas & directions. Good for them. It does seem that lately someone named Paige Yowell has been the reporter of record on new airline service. According to her bio on the owh web site "Paige is a business reporter for The World-Herald. She covers retailing, from local boutiques to Fortune 1000 companies. She also keeps tabs on retail development and trends." I'm not sure where Eppley fits into the retailing, from local boutiques to Fortune 1000 companies, retail development and trends. Perhaps Eppley is a trend? Perhaps one or more of the airlines is a Fortune 1000 company? Anyway, Paige? If you're reading this, and over the years it appears that at the very least an intern at the paper has, maybe do a story about the growth of service at the airport? Maybe another one on construction, now and planned? You could even call the airport authority and ask some questions and us their answers in your story. I could be wrong but I think some people who read the paper might find that interesting.

I just reread my post so far & wow is it snarky.

Anyway Paige. Keep up the good work.


Don't try to claim MTO's gig. :lol:


There's momentary snark and then there is a more permanent snark. I consider myself more of a curmudgeon than a snark. If it's MTO's gig then MTO should carry on, godspeed.

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Here's a new toy to play with. Any airport, any airline. Click on the "routes" and then click on the "click here" link to show all departures for a week shown by day. Shows time, type of aircraft. Fun. Interesting.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/oma

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omababe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 am

NovakOmaha wrote:Here's a new toy to play with. Any airport, any airline. Click on the "routes" and then click on the "click here" link to show all departures for a week shown by day. Shows time, type of aircraft. Fun. Interesting.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/oma


My amateur pilot friends showed me that a while ago. Very handy when you are sitting in the airport and want to know the real story on when your plane is really going to arrive.

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Garrett » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:29 am

There's also an app that shows every single plane in the sky, it's airline, origin, and destination. So if you ever see a plane over head, you can just pull it up and get all of that info.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby nebugeater » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:35 am

Garrett wrote:There's also an app that shows every single plane in the sky, it's airline, origin, and destination. So if you ever see a plane over head, you can just pull it up and get all of that info.



On Iso it is called Plane Finder.

Some of the smaller planes do not have all the details you listed but for the most part it is all there as stated.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Brad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Parking Garage Construction:

1.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby daveoma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 pm

What's in Carter Lake? Are those birds?

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Brad » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 am

daveoma wrote:What's in Carter Lake? Are those birds?


Apparently that's what lily pads look like in the fall when they shrivel up and die for the year...
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Brad wrote:Parking Garage Construction:

1.
Image


Excellent pic update Brad :thumb: ..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Garrett » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 am

Are they a bit late in getting out September numbers?
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:52 am

Garrett wrote:Are they a bit late in getting out September numbers?


Typically they post them on the 20th of each month. On occasion they are late and on rare occasions they are over 2 months late. I would assume that the task of posting them is pretty low on the list.

How is the new garage construction going?

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Well it's the 27th. If they wait a couple of weeks they can just post Sept & Oct at the same time. It's actually happened before. Either that or they are using a legal pad & a number 2 pencil and counting by writing each person's name and then counting them that way.

On to a totally different subject, check out the Oklahoma City Airport web site. http://www.flyokc.com For what it's worth, check out the airport. Remember, OKC handles about 500k less flyers than OMA. They recently renovated their terminal & it's very nice. It's also planned for expansion. They also just landed a maintenance base for Skywest Airlines. A $30M investment and 100 jobs.

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 am

Last night I took a minute and emailed the director of the Omaha Airport Authority. Today I got a nice response from the Manager of Airline Affairs, Steve McCoy, who said they are looking into the matter and hope to have it resolved soon. Yeah, I know. On the surface it sounds boilerplate but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I would assume that it's posted soon.

Took a minute to search for Dave Roth's email address, a minute to compose the email and a minute to read it.

By the way, when I explained EOmahaforums.com in my email I referred to its members as geeks about Omaha. Actually first I described it as a gathering place for fans of all things Omaha, then I referred to all you as geeks. The term probably dates me but that's what I came up with.

Mr.Nuke
Library Board
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Mr.Nuke » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 pm

September was up 0.5% over last year. Eppley is still up 5.8% YTD.

Mr.Nuke
Library Board
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Mr.Nuke » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Q1 PDEW
Phoenix 343
Denver- 287
Chicago- 277
Las Vegas 229
Orlando- 206
Washington D.C.- 202
LA- 200
Dallas- 177
NYC- 158
Atlanta- 119
San Francisco- 113
Houston- 113
St. Louis- 95
Tampa- 91
Miami- 88
Seattle- 87
San Diego- 84
Minneapolis- 67
Portland- 66
St. Lake City- 53
Boston- 51
San Antonio- 51
Detroit- 49
Fort Myers- 43
Charlotte- 42
Sacramento- 40
Sanford Fl- 39
Nashville- 39
Philadelphia- 38
New Orleans-37
Austin- 28
Indianapolis- 27
Raleigh Durham- 25
Cleveland 25
Palm Springs- 24
Tucson- 23
Columbus- 21
Milwaukee- 21
Jacksonville- 19
Norfolk-19
Pittsburgh-18
Cincinnati- 18

Mr.Nuke
Library Board
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Mr.Nuke » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Q2 PDEW
Chicago- 353
Denver- 322
Washington D.C. 302
LA- 268
Phoenix- 260
NYC- 230
Dallas- 215
Las Vegas- 201
San Francisco- 174
Orlando- 166
Seattle- 142
Atlanta- 137
Houston- 136
St. Louis- 110
San Diego- 110
Portland-103
Boston- 101
Tampa- 96
Charlotte- 74
Minneapolis- 71
Detroit- 68
St Lake City- 67
Miami- 63
Philadelphia- 56
Nashville- 55
Sacramento- 53
New Orleans- 47
San Antonio- 46
Sanford- 43
RDU- 42
Austin- 39
Fort Myers- 33
Columbus- 31
Indianapolis- 30
Cleveland- 30
Norfolk- 28
Pittsburgh- 27
Cincinnati- 24
Milwaukee- 24
Jacksonville- 23
Hartford- 22
Tucson- 22
Spokane-22
Charleston- 21
Reno- 20
Albuquerque- 20
Louisville- 20
Boise- 18
Memphis- 17

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Yeah.

Anyway, I'm going to change my prediction and guess that OMA finishes with about 4.6 million. I'll guess that next year OMA finishes with somewhere around 4.8 to 4.85 million. The caveat is that there isn't a month long hurricane near a city that OMA sends a lot of people to, or there isn't a superstorm in the northeast, or that Omaha builds a streetcar to Chicago, or that, or that, or that...

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Mr.Nuke wrote:September was up 0.5% over last year. Eppley is still up 5.8% YTD.


Nominal gain, but still strong when regional airports like KCI, DSM and OKC were all slightly down for the month.

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Garrett » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
Mr.Nuke wrote:September was up 0.5% over last year. Eppley is still up 5.8% YTD.


Nominal gain, but still strong when regional airports like KCI, DSM and OKC were all slightly down for the month.


Makes sense given all of the Hurricanes and other weather.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8941
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Garrett wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
Mr.Nuke wrote:September was up 0.5% over last year. Eppley is still up 5.8% YTD.


Nominal gain, but still strong when regional airports like KCI, DSM and OKC were all slightly down for the month.


Makes sense given all of the Hurricanes and other weather.


That's what I was trying to get at. Other airports seeing nearly the exact same circumstances as Eppley had entirely justified slower months amid their own very strong growth. Omaha was able to at least stay slightly positive showing a really strong market for flights right now.

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Garrett » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:24 pm

From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby NovakOmaha » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:22 pm

October 2017 numbers are out. Another nice increase for the month over October 2016 of 7.5%. For the year an increase of 6%

All airlines showed good increases except for United, which was down 2.7% for the month while still up for the year 12.7%. Anybody know why the anomaly?

My updated prediction, without any weather or other events, is now over 4.6 million. That's on the conservative side. If trends hold it could be closer to 4.75 million.

If this holds and the announced new service does well OMA could come close to 5 million next year.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 pm

NovakOmaha wrote:October 2017 numbers are out. Another nice increase for the month over October 2016 of 7.5%. For the year an increase of 6%

All airlines showed good increases except for United, which was down 2.7% for the month while still up for the year 12.7%. Anybody know why the anomaly?

My updated prediction, without any weather or other events, is now over 4.6 million. That's on the conservative side. If trends hold it could be closer to 4.75 million.

If this holds and the announced new service does well OMA could come close to 5 million next year.


I’d say your 4.75 million number, if trends hold, is pretty spot on for 2017..

If OMA hits the 5 mil threshold for 2018, then talk of terminal expansion becomes a reality...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
guy4omaha
Human Relations
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Postby guy4omaha » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:24 am

Check out this morning's OWH . . . pretty cool to get our first international destination in Toronto. This is getting to be more and more fun.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.


Return to “Transportation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest