Destination: Nebraska

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Destination: Nebraska

Post by icejammer »

There's a nice article highlighting bike trails in the latest edition of the Rails to Trails magazine, here's a little snippet to whet your appetite:
In Omaha, Neb., the 12-mile Keystone Trail gives its users the best of both worlds—an urban connector to homes, schools, parks and business, and a one-way ticket to open fields, big skies and trailside serenity.
Want more? Then become a member: http://www.railtrails.org
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Vince Furlong
Home Owners Association

Post by Vince Furlong »

Show me how the Keystone Trail offers connections to peoples' schools or workplaces?

This description of the Keystone Trail is a romanticized one. The trail is a recreational trail only.

Vince Furlong
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Well, the Keystone does offer/will offer connection to several other trails that do flow through neighborhoods, as well as all crossing streets, so in that sense it does offer "connections", so I don't think it's being over-romanticized.

I'd agree that the vast majority of its current use is linked to recreation though.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

My youngest brother actually rides it to work a couple days a week.