10th Street Bridge Work

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

10th Street Bridge Work

Post by Brad »

Whats going on on the 10th Street Bridge?  Its been under construction for a few weeks now.   The bridge is brand new so I figured three weeks ago that they were doing minor repair work.  Now they have big concrete barriers blocking it off from the north and its still tore up.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

I was under the impression that the work was occurring just to the south of the bridge....  I believe that there is a sign posted on the OM side saying road open to the Durham parking lots.

On a public safety note, they should really make sure to get this info to the fire/ambulance people.  I was sitting at one of the 10th St bars Friday night, only to see an ambulance flying down 10th St, only to have to turn around once they got halfway down the bridge.  You'd think the streets people would have to provide a list of detours to emergency personnel...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sorry if my post is unclear, but yes it is the south end of the bridge.  The concrete barriers are on the north side of that south end work.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I hope this is the beginning of the massive streetscape project for 10th Street! "Boulevard 10" or whatever they're trying to call it.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963