Midwest Airlines from Omaha to Tampa and Orlando

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Midwest Airlines from Omaha to Tampa and Orlando

Post by NovakOmaha »

Unless I missed it the Lincoln Journal Star scooped the Omaha Monopoly Fishwrap on new non stop service from Omaha to both Tampa and Orlando.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Midwest Airlines Announces Launch of Nonstop Service from Omaha to Orlando and Tampa

Milwaukee, Oct. 28, 2009 – Midwest Airlines today announced it will launch nonstop service between Omaha and both Orlando and Tampa. The seasonal service will begin Jan. 15, 2010 and continue through April 18, 2010.

The service will be provided on 99-seat Embraer 190 aircraft, featuring all-leather Signature and Saver seating in the same cabin, buy-onboard meals and snacks, and complimentary baked-onboard chocolate chip cookies.

Pricing on the new routes begins at $114 one way. For flight information and reservations, visit midwestairlines.com or call the Midwest Airlines Contact Center at 800-452-2022.

“Our Omaha customers have made Florida a top destination and have long requested nonstop service during the winter season,” said Greg Aretakis, vice president of Revenue Production. “We’ve been listening and are pleased to provide this new service at attractive prices.”

Midwest Airlines Seasonal Service
January 15 through April 18, 2010
Omaha to Orlando
Departs 7:50am Arrives 11:50am Frequency:
Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat (1/15 to 2/15/10)
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat (2/16 to 4/18/10)

Orlando to Omaha
Departs 7:00pm Arrives 9:05pm Frequency:
Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat (1/15 to 2/15/10)
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat (2/16 to 4/18/10)

Omaha to Tampa
Departs 7:15am Arrives 11:35am Frequency: Thursday, Sunday

Tampa to Omaha
Departs 6:25pm Arrives 8:40pm Frequency: Thursday, Sunday
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope enough people use it that Midwest will continue it year round.  I like the quote that "Our Omaha customers have long requested nonstop service during the winter season."  as if to say that "Us Omahans don't want/need service unless its cold."

Hey OWH, now that the Lincoln customers know about it maybe you could do a little story about it too?  You know Southwest also is starting service to Orlando.  This isn't some carefully crafted hoax.  These flights are real.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Hmmmm ... I wonder if this is at least partly in response to Southwest restoring Omaha to Orlando service?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Not trying to defend the OWH but if you are dissing them did you even look to see if the story is there?  I have not checked the on line version but I can tell you with 100% assurance that I read this in the OWH print version this AM about 5:30 as I scanned the front page of each section leaving for work.  It is on the front page of the MONEY section

The OWH doesn't do everything as well as they can but they get a lot of |expletive| thrown at them that they do not deserve.  Check your facts.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I love the Continental to EWR but it seems to be only non stop at certain times of day.
DTO
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

nebugeater wrote:Not trying to defend the OWH but if you are dissing them did you even look to see if the story is there?  I have not checked the on line version but I can tell you with 100% assurance that I read this in the OWH print version this AM about 5:30 as I scanned the front page of each section leaving for work.  It is on the front page of the MONEY section

The OWH doesn't do everything as well as they can but they get a lot of |expletive| thrown at them that they do not deserve.  Check your facts.
Yes, the owh does in fact have the story.  I still think they are bottom feeders when it comes to journalism.  Having spent the past few years traveling a lot and reading many other papers has given me a new view of the owh, and it aint pretty.  

I'll own the mistake of not looking at the e-edition before jumping to the obvious conclusion that they didn't cover the new flights.  I just assumed that since the story wasn't on omaha.com it wouldn't be in the printed version either.  

I'll also continue to throw [expletive] at them at every turn.  They've earned it and they deserve it.  I have never seen, for example, a rational excuse for the paper refusing to call it the Qwest Center for over a year.  That is just one example of their outrageous behavior over the years.  They are good, however, at carefully crafting a hoax.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

I should celebrate by flying back to Omaha.  :mrgreen:
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Airtran to Milwaukee

Post by NovakOmaha »

Airtran announced an agreement to have 3 regional flights a day to Milwaukee.  It would be nice to see Airtran serve Atlanta and Orlando as well.