Nebraska Brewing Company

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

NBC'S BROWN, BLACK BREWS TAKE GOLD

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100709/E ... ning-notes
Nichole Aksamit, Omaha World-Herald wrote:Nebraska Brewing Company took home three medals this week in the United States Open Beer Championships in Auburn, Ala.

Winners were announced Sunday.

The Papillion brewpub’s Brunette Nut Brown Ale won the gold medal in the English Brown Ale Category. Its Barrel-Aged Black Betty Russian Imperial Stout won the gold in the Wood/Barrel-Aged Strong Beer category. And its EOS Hefeweizen won the bronze medal in the German Hefeweizen category.

More than 700 beers from American and international breweries and invited home brewers competed.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I can't remember if this was posted on this forum yet, but Nebraska Brewing Company is moving their Brewery to 108th and Harrison, basically across the street for Rotella's and down south a block. There are signs that are posted there, and you can see activity in the building (does this make it officially two breweries in La Vista?):

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I didn't realize they were going into cans!

They said on their fb that they should hit shelves during the holidays and will be out of state too.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Those cans look awesome! I've been very impressed with how much the local breweries have been able to accomplish in the area over only a few years time.. When I moved to NYC I don't even think Lucky Bucket had opened yet but so much good has changed in the city since then..e
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Nebraska Brewing Company (Shadow Lake)

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.ketv.com/news/nebraska-compa ... s/24418360
It turned out a lot of people enjoyed the beer as much as he did -- so much that he purchased a 24,000-square-foot brewery.

"We had our licenses and everything kind of came together, so we went from construction right into beer production immediately,” he said.

Nebraska Brewing Company opened in 2007 just before the economy tanked.

"Frankly, at the end of the day, the fact that we were making good beer carried it for us,” Kavulak said.

Last fall's government shutdown held up federal licenses, which could have derailed plans to get his cans filled and delivered to grocery stores.

Now, 10,000 barrels of brew will be distributed to 15 states coast to coast.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

NCB wrote:Starting on Sunday February 17th, our Cardinal Pale Ale, in 12 ounce Cans, can be found at HyVee stores in Omaha. The remainder of the canned beers, Brunette Nut Brown, EOS Hefeweizen and IPA cans will arrive later in the week.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Surprised there are no pics yet. I hate here not to long ago. I didn't know it was such a sports bar, in the middle of the Shadow Lake Center. Their Farrell's Irish Red was the beer of the day so I started with that. It was a very nice Red, so my meal started off well. I thought I had the NBC Burger, but looking at their website menu I had the Chef Chad Burger, (Smoked Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Fried Leeks, Raspberry Jalapeno Jelly) which was very tasty (you need extra napkins), I expected it to have a little more kick to it, but the jalapenos must have been on vacation.. Their Blue Cheese Cole Slaw was excellent! Next time I go, Ill make sure a game I want to watch is on. They have a special seating section with a big screen in the back.

Brad
City Council

Re: Nebraska Brewing Company

Post by Brad »

Nebraska Brewing Company Ale Storm ® Wins Gold

http://www.nebraskabrewingco.com/news.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nebraska Brewing Company wrote:Nebraska Brewing Company today announces a Gold medal for its newest addition to the suite of packaged products. In its very first competition, Ale Storm was awarded a Gold Medal in the Golden/Blonde category at the Los Angeles International Beer Competition.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I was on Beertopia a few days ago and they don't know when this will be distributed outside of Werner. I still have t tried it yet...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I thought it was already at HyVee?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I'll have to go the Stony Brook after work today and find out. Heck, I just was able to find it on Untappd just the other day.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:I'll have to go the Stony Brook after work today and find out. Heck, I just was able to find it on Untappd just the other day.

at work? Did you land something?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

At work? No, after I get off, I'll drop by and see, KJ should be there and he will know...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:At work? No, after I get off, I'll drop by and see, KJ should be there and he will know...

Lol... I think you are drinking at work today. Read his question again! :lol:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Oh, yeah, I got a babysitting job while I try to land a real job.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ale Storm arrived in Hy-Vee two days ago. Just picked up a 6-Pac. NBC has posters all over the place advertising it at Stony Brook.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Oh, yeah, I got a babysitting job while I try to land a real job.

that can be worse than a real job
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

NBC's distribution map. That are coast to coast!

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

From the Article about Omaha Beer Week.

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-celebrat ... k/31292408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ketv.com wrote:Paul and Kim Kavulak own Nebraska Brewing Company in Omaha. They currently produce about 17,000 barrels of beer per year and say it's still not enough to meet the demand.
ketv.com wrote:What started as a hobby for the Kavulaks eight years ago is now the largest brewery in the state of Nebraska. Their products are currently sold in 25 states and overseas in Japan.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

They are in the process of making a 311 branded beer that will roll out in Omaha and LA.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:They are in the process of making a 311 branded beer that will roll out in Omaha and LA.

311 Launching Own Craft Beer & Of Course It’s An Amber
Jay Tilles: Radio.com wrote:Also involved in the project is Cigar City in Tampa, a partner of Rock Brothers, explained Nebraska Brewing co-owner Paul Kavulak to Radio.com this afternoon.

“On a road trip recently, our lead brewers from Cigar City and Nebraska Brewing Co. got on the phone, hallucinated a pretty cool recipe to start with,” Kavulak said, adding that they’ll like use some ingredients that “don’t traditionally find themselves in amber ales.’

“The brainpower that we put together, we’re going to make sure the public love it, 311 fans love it, but at the same time, we’re brewers so we want to give it a little something special,” he said.

If all goes as planned, Kavulak hopes present the brew to the 311 at their Mandalay Bay ‘Two Night Stand’ in Las Vegas, July 3-4.

Although he can’t confirm it at the moment, Kavulak believes the goal is to roll out the beer as a draft at select local bars in Omaha and Los Angeles before going wider as a canned beer, Nebraska Brewing’s specialty.

Rock Brothers have a history here; they’ve collaborated with other artists on past beers, including Hootie and the Blowfish (Hootie’s Home Grown Ale).

No word on what the beer will be named just yet.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Well if CCB is involved, this is going to be a killer beer.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

311 Amber Ale at the Nebraska Brewing Company Tap Room:

BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:311 Amber Ale
What a great name to honor an Omaha band!

[youtube][/youtube]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HyVee has NBC 6-Packs $6.49 plus $0.05 Fuel Saver. Unfortunately the section was wiped out but they did have a six of cardinal pale ale left.

Not too shabby for something I was going to buy anyways.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Toured the Brewery at NBC yesterday as part of a Storm Chasers Event. The said that 5 different NBC beers went on sale yesterday in London!

That makes 27 states and 5 different countries.

NBC also has cans there the whole top opens kind of like a Pringles potato chip can but they are illegal in Nebraska...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:Toured the Brewery at NBC yesterday as part of a Storm Chasers Event. The said that 5 different NBC beers went on sale yesterday in London!

That makes 27 states and 5 different countries.

NBC also has cans there the whole top opens kind of like a Pringles potato chip can but they are illegal in Nebraska...

Didn't realise that were distributing that wide. That is great. Any idea what their output is at this point?

What makes the open top can illegal in Nebraska? Is is OK is some states if you know or is it only overseas?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote: Didn't realise that were distributing that wide. That is great. Any idea what their output is at this point?

What makes the open top can illegal in Nebraska? Is is OK is some states if you know or is it only overseas?
I don't remember if he said how many barrels they make, but they are the largest brewery in the state.

The law dates back to the old pull tab beer cans. He said people would throw the tabs on the ground and then people would cut their feet open. He is hoping to get that law changed in the next year.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote: Didn't realise that were distributing that wide. That is great. Any idea what their output is at this point?

I don't remember if he said how many barrels they make, but they are the largest brewery in the state.

The law dates back to the old pull tab beer cans. He said people would throw the tabs on the ground and then people would cut their feet open. He is hoping to get that law changed in the next year.
Didn't think about it in reference to the old pull tabs. At least that make a LITTLE since. Wasn't there also a concern with people dropping them in the can and then swallowing the tabs.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

quick search on Google for the style and I assume this is what they are doing
Attachments
123.jpg
123.jpg (93.39 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

yes, that's even their can...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:yes, that's even their can...
Sure is.... didn't even notice that until a second look at your mention. Searched for OPEN TOP BEER CAN
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nebraska Brewing Company wrote: THIS JUST IN!

Our EOS Hefeweizen was just awarded the European Beer Star Silver Medal for South German Hefeweizen!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nebraska Brewing Company beers now sold in Germany at the Craft Brew Store.
Craft Beer Store wrote: New Arrival:
Ganz neu im Sortiment sind diese 3 Dosen von der Nebraska Brewing Company aus den USA:
- Brunette Nut Brown mit nussigen Nougatnoten
- Cardinal Pale Ale mit feinen Zitrusnoten
- India Pale Ale mit Zitrus und Piniennoten und überragenden 93 Punkten bei Ratebeer
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Nebraska Brewing Company beers now sold in Germany at the Craft Brew Store.
Craft Beer Store wrote: New Arrival:
Ganz neu im Sortiment sind diese 3 Dosen von der Nebraska Brewing Company aus den USA:
- Brunette Nut Brown mit nussigen Nougatnoten
- Cardinal Pale Ale mit feinen Zitrusnoten
- India Pale Ale mit Zitrus und Piniennoten und überragenden 93 Punkten bei Ratebeer
Very cool :clap: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Congratulations to NBC!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nebraska Brewing Company is canning "Little Betty", their Russian Imperial Stout! It will be available Friday.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Do they still make their Melange A Trois? I seem to remember it being really tasty when I tried it in 2015(ish).
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:53 pm Do they still make their Melange A Trois? I seem to remember it being really tasty when I tried it in 2015(ish).
They show it on their web site.

https://nebraskabrewingco.com/beer/melange-a-trois/
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:53 pm Do they still make their Melange A Trois? I seem to remember it being really tasty when I tried it in 2015(ish).
I'm fairly certain I saw it at one of the HyVee locations recently.

Seems like it keeps winning award after award:
2009 US Open Beer Championships – Silver Medal Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Beer Category
2010 Great American Beer Festival – Bronze Medal Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Category
2010 Festival of Wood & Barrel Aged Beer – Gold Medal Strong / Double / Imperial Pale Beer Category
2011 World Beer Tasting Championship – Regional Champion – Barrel Aged Beer
2011 Great American Beer Festival – Gold Medal Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Category
2011 Festival of Wood & Barrel Aged Beer – Silver Medal Strong / Double / Imperial Pale Beer Category
2012 United States Beer Tasting Championship – Regional Champion – Barrel Aged Beer
2012 North American Beer Awards Silver Medal – Barrel Aged Strong Beer
2012 Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition Bronze Medal – Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Beer
2014 United States Open Beer Championship – Bronze Medal – Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Beer
2015 United States Beer Tasting Championship – Regional Champion – Barrel Aged Beer
2015 Great American Beer Festival – Gold Medal Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Category
2016 Great American Beer Festival – Silver Medal Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Category
2018 Festival of Wood & Barrel Aged Beer – Bronze Medal Pale Strong Beer Category
2019 US Beer Tasting Championship – Gold Medal – Belgian Beer
2019 US Beer Tasting Championship – Grand Champion – Belgian Beer