Ray's Buffalo Wings

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Ray's Buffalo Wings

Post by Brad »

Ray's Buffalo Wings is opening a second location at Midtown Crossing.

Midtown Crossing wrote:Ray’s Original Buffalo Wings Joining Midtown Crossing Mix

Omaha, Neb. – Midtown Crossing is set to welcome an Omaha favorite to its dynamic, affordable dining collection: Ray’s Original Buffalo Wings.

“We’re looking forward to all of the new friends that we’re going to make and to feeding off of that energy in midtown. Everything feels fresh and new and full of vibrancy,” says Ray Bullock, owner of Ray’s Original Buffalo Wings.

Bullock grew up in Buffalo, New York, birthplace of the Buffalo wing. He has been eating them since the 1960’s and making them since the 1970’s. He and his family are excited to bring that knowledge to Midtown Crossing.

“We are going to specialize in chicken wings. It’s what we do; it’s in our name. Right now, we have ten different flavors of chicken wings. We’re going to expand that and offer even more flavors of wings. All of our sauces will be homemade right in our kitchen.”

Bullock expects their space in Midtown Crossing – 120 S. 31st Ave., Suite 5103 – to officially open in early June, just in time for the 2017 NCAA ® Men's College World Series.

“It’s the kind of place where you want to sit, watch a game, maybe sit on the patio, have a cold beer and eat good, old-fashioned, pub food,” he says. “We are a family-owned business so you can, first and foremost, expect to be taken care of.”

The Ray’s name may sound familiar. Ray and his son Tom currently run Ray’s Original Buffalo Wings out of a south Omaha bar. The family had a restaurant of the same name in Ralston until the early 2000s.

“We were voted the best chicken wing in Omaha ten years in a row, every year that we were there,” he says.

In addition to wings, Ray’s new midtown Location will serve some other Buffalo, NY, specialties, including beef on weck sandwiches (thinly sliced roast beef, steeped in au jus, served on a kummelweck roll) and Chiavetta’s marinated chicken breasts grilled over an open flame.

“There will be a rotating surprise special on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Stay in touch with us on social media because you never know what our chef will be coming up with.”

Ray’s Original Buffalo Wings replaces Saints Pub + Patio, which is working to align its space needs to its current business plan.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Ray's Buffalo Wings

Post by Coyote »

Fantastic news! I wish them well.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I look forward to checking the new place out...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Big fan of Ray's. Hope they are able to give this cavernous space a better environment than Saints could.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Taco wrote:Big fan of Ray's. Hope they are able to give this cavernous space a better environment than Saints could.
I was thinking the same. At the Lemon Drop he only has that small kitchenette in the back, and doesn't have to have his own liquor license. Now he has a large bay to fill, probably a larger menu to plan, and hopefully lots of craft beer taps to fill. I hope he has it, or an employee, in them to fulfill this tall order.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

More change in store for Ray's Original Buffalo Wings

https://omaha.com/business/more-change- ... op-story-1
Cindy Gonzalez wrote:The sports bar diner will go by a new name that reflects an expanded menu: Ray’s Wings Pizza & Drinks.

Ray Bullock, who owns the family business with son Thomas said they’ll start serving pizza styled like the pies Ray grew up on in Buffalo, New York.
Also says they will go in to one of the 3 bays that was occupied by Crave.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

I find their buffalo sauce too vinegar-y. But I'm glad to hear that they seem to be doing well. Stoked for more NYC pizza options.