The Gatsby (12th and Harney)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

The Gatsby (12th and Harney)

Post by Coyote »

onelocalfoods wrote:Movement on the national building on 12th and harney.
Offer coming from a restaurant and bar concept seperated on the first and second floor.
Looks like this is finally getting some action. It will be called The Gatsby Restaurant.
nativeomahan
County Board

Re: New restaurant rumors.

Post by nativeomahan »

Glad to see another restaurant opening. But I'm not a fan of the name. It sounds hokey. Like they are aiming for some silly century old theme.
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: The Gatsby (12th and Harney)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:
onelocalfoods wrote:Movement on the national building on 12th and harney.
Offer coming from a restaurant and bar concept seperated on the first and second floor.
Looks like this is finally getting some action. It will be called The Gatsby Restaurant.
Dining notes: The Gatsby will bring 1920s feel to Omaha's Old Market
The spot, at 406 S. 12th St., will be home to both the restaurant and a lower level bar called The Barrel Room.

Jake Gardner plans to open both businesses. He also owns The Hive, at 1207 Harney St., and was part owner of The Market House, which closed after a fire last year that destroyed it and M’s Pub.

Gardner said the name conveys the expectation he hopes diners will have about the restaurant.

The menu will be early American cuisine, he said, describing it as the more sophisticated side of meat and potatoes. He said a chef isn’t yet on board. A bar on one side of the dining room will be a cocktail lounge, complete with passed hors d’oeuvres.

This will be the first restaurant Gardner’s run on his own, and he said he doesn’t want to rush it. He expects to be open by July or August.

The Old Market location where the restaurant will open has been vacant since 1999, when Camille’s closed. Before that the space was the Bistro at the Market; that restaurant opened in 1993.
swgiust
Library Board

Post by swgiust »

Haven't heard anything new on this Old Market new restaurant. Any news? Any construction?
onelocalfoods
Home Owners Association

Post by onelocalfoods »

construction has begun. the building needs some work. when i walked through the last time things were happening but old design was creating difficulty in demolition.
swgiust
Library Board

What ever happened to The Gatsby??

Post by swgiust »

What ever happened with the restaurant "The Gatsby" ? Their facebook page says summer of 2017??
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Same fate as the novel?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jake Gardner wrote: After a year of working with the city and the historical society to update this building from 1915 to 2018 safety standards I am pleased, ecstatic and relieved to say that we are green lit for all permits and construction and my dream of The Gatsby is finally coming true!!!

Stay tuned for all the exciting updates and thank you for all your support my friends, I can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on!
BIGO88
Home Owners Association

Post by BIGO88 »

This is now finally open...Surreal cereal bar is now open as well in the same building.