Aksarben Cinema

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene (mp3 posts)

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

bbarstow
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Aksarben Cinema

Postby bbarstow » Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm


User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28100
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 am

This is great news!!!

Aksarben Cinema will upgrade all 1,700 seats in $1 million project

http://www.omaha.com/living/aksarben-ci ... ed6e0.html

By Micah Mertes / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The midtown multiplex — Omaha’s last locally owned commercial movie theater — will replace the 1,700 seats in its 10 auditoriums with plush new “Lux Lounger” seating. A third of the seats in each auditorium will be recliners.


By Micah Mertes / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Along with the new seats, Aksarben will move to assigned-seating ticketing, with patrons picking their seats before they go into the theater. Prices (adult tickets around $9 for matinees and $11 for shows after 6 p.m.) will not change. Nor will there be a difference in pricing between seats that recline and those that don’t.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

omaha79
Library Board
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby omaha79 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Great news. I feel like AkSarBen cinema was losing out to the other theaters in Omaha of late because of the seating.

Greg S
Planning Board
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby Greg S » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am

Yeah I would not go there because the seats are so much better at the Majestic.

Here's the weird thing though. It said in the article that only 1/3 of the seats will be recliners.....

Greg

Dundeemaha
Library Board
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Country Club

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby Dundeemaha » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Greg S wrote:Yeah I would not go there because the seats are so much better at the Majestic.

Here's the weird thing though. It said in the article that only 1/3 of the seats will be recliners.....

Greg


Yeah, they said all recliners would have messed up sight lines. But they're also moving toward assigned seating so if you want the recliners you're going to be able to reserve them.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby bigredmed » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Dundeemaha wrote:
Greg S wrote:Yeah I would not go there because the seats are so much better at the Majestic.

Here's the weird thing though. It said in the article that only 1/3 of the seats will be recliners.....

Greg


Yeah, they said all recliners would have messed up sight lines. But they're also moving toward assigned seating so if you want the recliners you're going to be able to reserve them.


Recliners are OK. Reserved seating is why we changed from Aksarben to Alamo Drafthouse. That and the insistance on quiet at the Drafthouse.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28100
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby Brad » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:25 am

Greg S wrote:Here's the weird thing though. It said in the article that only 1/3 of the seats will be recliners...


Talked to the Barstows tonight at the UNO hockey game. Bill told me that once you sit in one of the "other chairs", you won't want the recliner anymore. He said the other chair is very comfy!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Aksarben Cinema

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:06 am

Brad wrote:This is great news!!!

Aksarben Cinema will upgrade all 1,700 seats in $1 million project

http://www.omaha.com/living/aksarben-ci ... ed6e0.html

By Micah Mertes / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The midtown multiplex — Omaha’s last locally owned commercial movie theater — will replace the 1,700 seats in its 10 auditoriums with plush new “Lux Lounger” seating. A third of the seats in each auditorium will be recliners.


By Micah Mertes / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Along with the new seats, Aksarben will move to assigned-seating ticketing, with patrons picking their seats before they go into the theater. Prices (adult tickets around $9 for matinees and $11 for shows after 6 p.m.) will not change. Nor will there be a difference in pricing between seats that recline and those that don’t.


I missed this one..

Great news indeed :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!


Return to “Dining/Culture/Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests