Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

nebugeater wrote:
joeglow wrote:
Brad wrote:
Big E wrote:
joeglow wrote:And I agree that they are MUCH better than the Yupstream.
You're the first person I've ever heard publicly announce that Lazlo's is even on the same planet with Upstream.

Personal taste, I guess.

-Big E
While both very good, I usually find myself at the upstream.  I wish Lazlo's was not so far away.

Back in the late 90's I ate at the Haymarket Lazlo's several times, back then that was awesome.  Great food, AMAZING service, and a cool atmosphere, all three of which have never been replicated by the west Omaha location.  The west Omaha one is great don't get me wrong, but not the original.
I agree.  I like the Lincoln location so much more.
I have been on record as prefering Lazlo's by a pretty good margin.  Always have.  The Lincoln location is better but the W O! Location has gotten better.
I have always thought the Upstream has tried to be an “affordable” foo foo restaurant.  Thus, their food comes across as decent, but on the lower end for the style of food they are trying to do.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:I have been on record as prefering Lazlo's by a pretty good margin.  Always have.  The Lincoln location is better but the W O! Location has gotten better.
I hope so, may be I should get out there again.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

joeglow wrote:I agree.  I like the Lincoln location so much more.
Here ya go ... :)

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

How is that Fireworks in the background that replaced Jibrisco?
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Brad wrote:How is that Fireworks in the background that replaced Jibrisco?
Fireworks is good, been there once. (Not as good as Smoke Pit!) :)

I don't remember Jibrisco at all.
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

Omababe wrote:
Brad wrote:How is that Fireworks in the background that replaced Jibrisco?
Fireworks is good, been there once. (Not as good as Smoke Pit!) :)

I don't remember Jabrisco at all.
I have always preferred Lazlos to Upstream as well.  The food is great and the service is incredible.  I have only been to the Omaha location once and I will say I like the Lincoln location better.

As for Fireworks, it is really quite good but is no longer in that location.  They have moved it to the Lazlos south Lincoln location and Lazlo's now occupies that space.

Jabrisco was fantastic and I still hear many among my friends that knew it and miss it.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

j4nu wrote:Jabrisco was fantastic and I still hear many among my friends that knew it and miss it.
-I went there once while in college and thought it was VERY good.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Jays Fan wrote:I did not see this posted but a member of management at the Lazlos out at 192nd and Center said that the closed Fremont location will be moved, yes the building, to the site they purchased at 96th and Giles.  They hope to open around March
Anyone here any more on this "move"?
SRT84WD
New to the Neighborhood

Post by SRT84WD »

I heard from a Fremont resident last week that the building will be split into three pieces and moved.  No word on timing though.  I still have trouble believing that's cost effective.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I was in Fremont on Saturday.  I get up their fairly regularly and for the first time I saw a large FOR SALE sign on the Lazlo's building.  It was a large banner didn't sign hanging o the building and I didn't see it about three weeks ago when I was up there.  Pretty sure I would have noticed it.  Anyway, a for sale sign seems to me to reduce the possibility of this building being moved.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Was there a big party/beer garden at Lazlos recently?  They had the "Orange fence Omaha style beer garden" set up to the south of the building.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:Was there a big party/beer garden at Lazlos recently?  They had the "Orange fence Omaha style beer garden" set up to the south of the building.
I was there a couple of weeks ago during the week.  I think the signs said something about a summer music series on one weekend night with the outdoor music and beer garden.  the "snow fence" has been up for a few weeks
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New beer uses Nebraska hops

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090821/E ... /708219888
Nichole Aksamit WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:A harvest ale from Lincoln's Empyrean Brewing Co. — scheduled to hit Lincoln and Omaha taps in the next two weeks — was brewed exclusively with Nebraska-grown hops.

Harvest ales — also known as wet-hopped beers because they use undried, unprocessed, freshly harvested hops — aren't new in the beer world. But they're relatively rare in Nebraska.

Empyrean brewery production manager Jim Engelbart said this is the first time in the company's 19-year history that it has been able to get enough local hops to do a harvest ale.

Engelbart said the hops it typically uses are harvested, dried and processed in the Pacific Northwest. But a handful of Nebraska farmers have begun to grow the crop. And a crew of volunteers from Empyrean and from Kearney's Thunderhead Brewing Co. (which has brewed harvest ales in previous years) helped harvest a bumper crop from a field near Gibbon, Neb., in early August.
Nichole Aksamit WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Engelbart said the beer will be on tap for a limited time at Lazlo's, FireWorks and Yia Yia's locations in Lincoln starting on Thursday and at the Lazlo's in Omaha starting the first week in September.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I see Empyrean has two new (or new to me) beers out:

Brad
City Council

Re: Empyrean Ales Brewing (lazlo's)

Post by Brad »

If you missed it Lazlo's in the Hay Market had a fire earlier this week. They re-open tomorrow (Friday) at 5pm.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Anyone know what they're building like two lots south of Lazlo's?
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

ChadJK wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:46 pm Anyone know what they're building like two lots south of Lazlo's?
Nevermind. Appears to be an Aldi's.

Also, stopped in the other day for lunch and they discontinued their complimentary beer bread.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:46 pm Anyone know what they're building like two lots south of Lazlo's?
Nevermind. Appears to be an Aldi's.

Also, stopped in the other day for lunch and they discontinued their complimentary beer bread.
Can you still order It with a charge?
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am
ChadJK wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 am Also, stopped in the other day for lunch and they discontinued their complimentary beer bread.
Can you still order It with a charge?
I didn't ask that specifically, but her exact reply when we asked for beer bread was, "Oh, I'm sorry. We don't have the beer bread anymore." So, I'm guessing it's not an option - paid or unpaid.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »