Empyrean Ales Brewing (lazlo's)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

almighty_tuna
City Council

Empyrean Ales Brewing (lazlo's)

Post by almighty_tuna »

I think this is probably already news, maybe even old news, but just in case I'll put it here.  Lazlo's is beginning construction of an Omaha location in April.  It's going to be at 192nd and Dodge.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

so much for that western gateway if development is already spreading out there
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

My source has it at 192nd and West Center. Breaking ground in May... opening in October.
scraper
Home Owners Association

Post by scraper »

Is there anything out that far on Center? I can only think of the nursery.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

scraper wrote:Is there anything out that far on Center? I can only think of the nursery.
There will be soon!!

Jeff, my source said West Dodge, but yours makes more sense so lets go with that! Some people get them confused - I'm closing on a house in 2weeks near 102nd & L and my father though it was near Mulhalls at 120 & Maple. Not the first or last time!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

help me out. What's a Lazlo's?
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Ingersoll1978
Library Board

Post by Ingersoll1978 »

I don't know what it is either.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I've never been there... I believe it's similar to Upstream... based out of Lincoln. I actually talked to the owners... so unless they mistook Center for Dodge... I assume it's on Center. :)
Alt(Bayern)München
Home Owners Association

Post by Alt(Bayern)München »

I believe Lazlo's is the brew pub that eventually spawned the EMPYREAN ALES beers from Lincoln, that you can get on tap at bars around Omaha.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Sweeeeeeeeet....those EA's are delicious.

Too bad they're building it so far out. I could see it doing well in a midtown area, though it probably will do well there too.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Lazlo's is an awesome acquisition! I really hope they do well enough out west that they will eventually move to the Old Market. Lincoln has 2 Lazlo's, one in the Haymarket, and when in SW Lincoln at 56th & Hwy 2.

I've never been to the SW Lincoln location, but the Haymarket Lazlo's is an amazing place for beer and food. They aren't known as the hangout place on Saturday nights like the Upstream, but for great atmosphere, food, and beer.

As a former Lincolnite, this is great news. Also, Omaha has a major shortage of brew pubs. This is getting us closer to the number that we should have. I've always been amazed that Des Moines has about 3 and Omaha only had one in the Upstream (until recently).

Tuna, I live at 105th and L, behind Mockingbird Rec Center, so welcome to the neighborhood!
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Sorry, SE Lincoln, not SW.

Maybe I've been hearing about West O so much, that I subliminally forgot Lincoln's growth is to the E and S.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

http://www.telesis-inc.com/lazlo/

Here is a small bit of info on Lazlo's. Great place, hope this info is correct.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

jsheets wrote:Tuna, I live at 105th and L, behind Mockingbird Rec Center, so welcome to the neighborhood!
Excellent, thank you! We're going to be just a block or two East of the rec center. :)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Lazlos is an AWSOME brewpub with Exelent Food, Exelent Beer, and the best service anywhere!

Can west center support TWO breweries???
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

OWH wrote:Can west center support TWO breweries???
:lol:
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Lazlo's is top notch on beer. Plus actualy two restaurants, not one, will be going up at 192 and W. Center. They are also bringing FireWorks as well. The original is in the Haymarket. Very popular!
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

Lazlos and Fireworks are both great places and we love them. As a matter of fact, we have many times made a special trip down to Lincoln just to go there.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

j4nu wrote:Lazlos and Fireworks are both great places and we love them. As a matter of fact, we have many times made a special trip down to Lincoln just to go there.
aha... see we are already well on our way to being one metro!!!
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

Swift wrote:Sweeeeeeeeet....those EA's are delicious.

Too bad they're building it so far out. I could see it doing well in a midtown area, though it probably will do well there too.
A second location in the former Howard Street Pub in the Old Market would be a great addition, but probably not big enough =(
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

jsheets wrote:Tuna, I live at 105th and L, behind Mockingbird Rec Center, so welcome to the neighborhood!
-You just reminded me of my younger days. I grew up at 5072 S 106th Ave. I delivered newspapers to your house for about 3 years growing up (M Street and N Street between 104th and 106th Circle).
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Holy Thread Revival, Batman!! :)

jsheets, I've probably walked by your house a few times already as you've likely driven by mine several. :)
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Who needs Dundee when you have good ole Mockingbird? They don't have Runza, BK, McD's, Wendy's, Goodrich, TCBY, China One, CappuGino's, Quizno's, Subway, Golds Gym, and BagNSave all within walking distance (and I've walk to all of them on nice days)!

<Please sense the sarcasm there, but a little of it is irony too>
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Lazlo's extends chain to city
Fremont Tribune wrote:The Fremont location will be the first move for the company outside of Lincoln, said co-owner Scott Boles. He said Fremont was the obvious choice for the new location.
So when does Omaha get our Lazlo's?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I beleive they are reported as going in at 192 & Center. IT was rumored there and then reported in an article that was linked here about a week ago on Omaha groth. They need to start turning dirt still on that one so it will be a while.
CountOfMC
Library Board

Post by CountOfMC »

They were turning dirt on this parcel of land a couple months ago, but then they all vanished like a fart in the wind. Same deal at Southport.. this thing needs to get crankin'.
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from taking over the world!
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

Any update on a Lazlo's in Omaha? I really hope their is one coming. My fiance and I used to go there all the time when I love in Lincoln. It's a fabulous local restaurant.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They were turning dirt on this parcel of land a couple months ago, but then they all vanished like a fart in the wind. Same deal at Southport.. this thing needs to get crankin'.
you will soon see work on southport east and southport west. I have seen survay crews out there working.
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

From last week's Reader:

"The Lincoln-based Lazlo’s Brewery and Grill plans to break ground on its 192nd and West Center Road location in July. Lazlo’s will not actually brew in Omaha but will serve the full line of Empyrean Ales brewed at its Lincoln brewery."

I hope this helps get microbrews into the mainstream in Omaha. This is way too much of a Budweiser/Miller town.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

192nd & Center? Cool! I can't wait to drive to 238 blocks from Bellevue to check out the Omaha location. Given the traffic on Center, I may as well just go down I80 and revisit the Haymarket spot. Great place!
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Yeah poor location choice, definitely a company based in Lincoln! :wink:
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Well, their first (and best, IMO) location is in the Haymarket, so I don't think they're THAT bad. West Center is booming with restaurants and they obviously want a piece of that.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

True on both counts.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46& ... nd=2971806

From the 9/3 OWH it looks like they are looking at a March / Apr opening in Omaha. It is a ways down in this article but it is there.

As for the food, ect. I have eaten at there place in Lincoln. I have also eaten at Upstream about the same # of times, both Old Market and Out west. I will take Lazlo's any day if they are anywhere near side by side. I see these two competing head to head, although there are a lot of others in the game too.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I think we can move this one out of the Rumors section into Development..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
loyalomahan
Library Board

Post by loyalomahan »

bump
scraper
Home Owners Association

Post by scraper »

They are in the building permit section of the paper today for a 192nd St. location.
nativeomahan
County Board

Lazlo's

Post by nativeomahan »

The building permit was for $400,000 and on south 192nd Avenue, which is just nw of 192nd and West Center.

The number of restaurants out in that part of town has reached the unsustainable level. That is not to say that Lazlo's won't succeed out there, although most people will have to drive by Upstream and about 70 other restaurants in order to get to Lazlo's. Time will tell whether it was a good location selection.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Was out at Lanoha's and saw a Lazlo's sign... it looks like there's something under construction a couple of blocks north of West Center... is that Lazlo's? or is going to be right on the lot over looking West Center?
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

The one in Fremont is starting to show signs of Tyvek...

-Big E
Stable genius.