CB restaurant suggestions?

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

omaharocks
New to the Neighborhood

CB restaurant suggestions?

Post by omaharocks »

I couldn't really find a recent thread devoted to restaurants in CB.  Going to the Roller Girls tonight and looking for a good place to eat before the match.  Prefer locally owned, made from scratch goodness, and relatively close to the MAC.  And it's probably too late to get a reservation for Dixie Quick's.  Any ideas on short notice??
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The next CB restaurant on my radar is Boxer BBQ.  Never been there but hear great things about it.

http://www.boxerbbq.com/
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

There are a few restuarants that are local to CB that I can think of:
Pizza King/Lansky's (sorry on the east end of town by Super Saver and the hospitals)
Sam's Italian Villa (33rd and Broadway...about 2.5 mi north of the MAC)
Tish's (south 35th st just 1 mi north of the MAC...prob a good choice and the closest)
Quaker Steak and Lube (not really local, but the nearest one is Madison, WI....great place if your into Nascar and wings...its located right near the MAC)
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I would second Sam's or Tish's.

Ameristar buffet is also very good on Saturday.
omaharocks
New to the Neighborhood

Post by omaharocks »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  We live on the north side of town, so we actually ended up at Henry's Diner in Crescent.  It was delicious - we had steak and prime rib.  Service was great too - highly recommend it if you want to get out of town some night.
mgmlot93
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mgmlot93 »

Boxer has the best bbq in Omaha or CB - IMHO. Pizza King is another CB favorite.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Dixie Quicks is probably Council Bluffs' most popular restaurant now.  Certainly it is the most talked about.  Reservations are absolutely required.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

nativeomahan wrote:Dixie Quicks is probably Council Bluffs' most popular restaurant now.  Certainly it is the most talked about.  Reservations are absolutely required.
yeah, they're in a great area that is under served in terms of sit down eateries.  and as everyone knows, the food is good, the atmosphere is unique, and the staff is authentically one of a kind.

the blackened salmon is awesome, amongst others.
Go Cubs Go
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

I've heard a lot of bad things about Pizza King. "Bad" being relative to how "good" it used to be.
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

So I wemt to Pizza King about a month ago for a birthday party for the first time ever. I remember being told we are going to a restaurant in CB that is called Pizza King, I figured it was a old pizza shop with a pac-man and frogger machine with some greasy pizza and some TVs, well I was wrong to say the least and very suprised.

I will say the Pizza was ok, still think Sortinos is better but the Chicken Parm was the best I've had till I went to Italian Gardens on Saturday and the toasted ravoili was great as well.
mgmlot93
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mgmlot93 »

I agree that Sortino's has the best pizza, but the best pizza in CB is Pizza King.