Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Raising Cane's Omaha

Post by iamjacobm »

Rasing Cane's Omaha

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Bord ... ml?ref=065
There are already plans to replace the old Family Fun Center with two new businesses. “The Family Fun Center property at 70th and Dodge is gonna be torn down. Raising Cain, which is a chicken finger fast food concept is gonna take over half that parcel and they’re looking for another co-tenant to go next door."
Omababe
Planning Board

Re: Rasing Cane's Omaha

Post by Omababe »

iamjacobm wrote:http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Bord ... ml?ref=065
Raising Cain[sic], which is a chicken finger fast food concept is gonna take over half that parcel and they’re looking for another co-tenant to go next door."
Although it's a chain, Raising Cane is very good!

(I also assume they will be open Sunday. {MEOW!})
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I usually go there when I am in Lincoln, I will probably spend too much money on chicken and sweet tea here!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I thought we already had this thread.  Grow Omaha talked about this a couple months ago...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Raising Canes just announced a second Lincoln Location too.  Announced on Memorial day in fact.  IT will be downtown.  Don't remember the exact address right now though.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:Raising Canes just announced a second Lincoln Location too.  Announced on Memorial day in fact.  IT will be downtown.  Don't remember the exact address right now though.
Linkin posted that earlier and I made a new thread for it in the Lincoln Section.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Raising Canes just announced a second Lincoln Location too.  Announced on Memorial day in fact.  IT will be downtown.  Don't remember the exact address right now though.
Linkin posted that earlier and I made a new thread for it in the Lincoln Section.
They aren't run by creepy weirdos like Chic-Fil-A are they?  If not, I'll happily eat there.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Eh, to me it's just another strip mall in the same run-down grimy corner of 72nd and Dodge.
Dusty
Human Relations

Post by Dusty »

So much for the city's big plans to redevelop this area (crossroads)into a high density area. I'm sure the chicken joint will build their one story building set way back from the sidewalk with sprawl written all over it.   :x
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Professor Woland wrote:They aren't run by creepy weirdos like Chic-Fil-A are they?  If not, I'll happily eat there.
No, Professor, when I dined at Cane's I felt no pressure to convert to a certain belief system. :)
ryan311
New to the Neighborhood

Raising Canes Chicken Fingers

Post by ryan311 »

I had heard the rumor that they would be opening up a location in Omaha either at the old Family Fun Center Location or somewhere near 120th & Dodge.  Not sure where the location will be, but the General Manager position for Omaha is posted on the company's website now.
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Raising Canes Chicken Fingers

Post by nebugeater »

ryan311 wrote:I had heard the rumor that they would be opening up a location in Omaha either at the old Family Fun Center Location or somewhere near 120th & Dodge.  Not sure where the location will be, but the General Manager position for Omaha is posted on the company's website now.
Merged your new thread with the one from a few days ago.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

All fenced up.  Probably coming down soon.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

iamjacobm wrote:All fenced up.  Probably coming down soon.
I'm surprised that they'd be leveling it so soon, and without any news of something new.  I hope something bigger goes in, but if I had to wager, I'd put my money on strip mall.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Seth wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:All fenced up.  Probably coming down soon.
I'm surprised that they'd be leveling it so soon, and without any news of something new.  I hope something bigger goes in, but if I had to wager, I'd put my money on strip mall.
I believe it has been announced that a Raising Canes restaurant is going on part of the property.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Here is the thread that talks about it.

EDIT - MERGED
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Whoop, I totally forgot about that thread!  I did still call it a strip mall, though  :;):
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Demo ... 37395.html
It will take about 15 days to complete demolition. Once done, they'll start right away on the next development, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers restaurant. It will begin construction right away.
mrgoldsmith23
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mrgoldsmith23 »

Demolition is done.  The area is fenced, and a sign for "Raising Cane's coming soon" is on the fence.
redfox1939

Post by redfox1939 »

If you love chicken fingers, this place is second to none.  It's one of the best fast food places ever.  And, it is always clean and well managed.They don't have a variety of dipping sauces, however.  You are limited to either ketchup or their signature Cane's Sauce.  I'm a ketchup girl for the most part, but it would be nice to mix it up a bit with some BBQ or other dipping sauces once in awhile.  

Sedona Arizona
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

Anyone know if their sauce is anything like zaxbys sauce? I love zax sauce.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

lisanstan wrote:Anyone know if their sauce is anything like zaxbys sauce? I love zax sauce.

What is this?  The Cane's Sauce is great but I am not familier whith what you mention?  Should I be.

I have read that the Cane's sauce is a blend of mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, black pepper and garlic salt.  I did some internet searching when our daughter was trying to figure out how to make some at home that tasted like it.  Don't have or remember to proportions right now but it was close.
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

Sounds a lot like Zaxby's sauce. Zaxby's is a Georgia based chicken finger chain. I acquired an addiction when I lived in Augusta. Apparently the guys who started Raising Cain went to U of GA and based it on Zaxby's? There is another similar local restaurant near UG that Zaxby's was inspired by.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Raising Cane's Started in Baton Rouge LA.  They are all over down their and I had eaten at them long before they opened in Lincoln sicne I travel their for work on ocasion.  I could swear that they guy that started the place went to LSU but don't know for sure.

lisanstan wrote:Sounds a lot like Zaxby's sauce. Zaxby's is a Georgia based chicken finger chain. I acquired an addiction when I lived in Augusta. Apparently the guys who started Raising Cain went to U of GA and based it on Zaxby's? There is another similar local restaurant near UG that Zaxby's was inspired by.
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

I probably mixed up the story about the people that started Zaxby's with the RC guys. My bad!
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

lisanstan wrote:Sounds a lot like Zaxby's sauce. Zaxby's is a Georgia based chicken finger chain. I acquired an addiction when I lived in Augusta. Apparently the guys who started Raising Cain went to U of GA and based it on Zaxby's? There is another similar local restaurant near UG that Zaxby's was inspired by.
I LOVE ZAXBY'S! I wish they'd expand a bit into the midwest here  :yes:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The first pieces of steel are going up on the 72 and Dodge Rasing Cane's location.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Building is basically all framed up.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Building is basically all framed up.
I noticed that too.  Looks a lot like a taco bell...  Its amazing after that steal beam sat there for a long time that building went up real fast.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

Does anyone know when it will be opening?  Last time I drove by it looks like they were finishing up the inside.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

BPHusker wrote:Does anyone know when it will be opening?  Last time I drove by it looks like they were finishing up the inside.
I had heard January but that was nothing official.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Was in Westroads yesterday and noticed in the food court a big sign for Rasing Cain coming soon
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:Was in Westroads yesterday and noticed in the food court a big sign for Rasing Cain coming soon
Per Grow Omaha, its going to be two food court bays so something in there will need to move.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

Any idea when its going to open?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

BPHusker wrote:Any idea when its going to open?

January 31st
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nebugeater wrote:
BPHusker wrote:Any idea when its going to open?

January 31st

By the way that date is from posts from about a week ago on their Facebook page.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha's first Raising Cane's opens Thursday

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130125/G ... -next-week
Sarah Baker Hansen Omaha World-Herald wrote:The restaurant, which specializes in chicken fingers, is at 7060 Dodge St. It is the third Raising Cane's in Nebraska.

The restaurant will open with a ribbon-cutting at 9:30 a.m. and doors will open at 10 a.m. The first 100 dine-in customers will get a free T-shirt and a voucher for a free box combo that can be used on a later visit. Between Jan. 31 and Feb. 7, Omaha customers can enter a drawing in to win a $1,000 donation to a local charity of choice, along with free Cane's for a year.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Went to Raising Cane's tonight...really impressed with how efficient they were considering it was nearing the end of a very busy day for them.  The parking lot was packed and the drive-thru wrapped around the building twice.  

The food was very good for fast food.  I got the Box which comes with 4 chicken fingers, fries, texas toast, cane's sauce, coleslaw and a drink. It was a little expensive but not bad for the amount and quality of the food.  It cost $6.98.  The menu is limited, but that is what helps with their efficiency and doing it well.

Overall the experience was great and the dining area is pretty large.  This location is perfect being so close to UNO.  There were quite a few college students there as well as families.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

I've had one person tell me this is the best place on Earth, and I've had another person tell me this is the most overrated place on Earth.

Hmm...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Love it or hate it We were in Raising Cains in Omaha today at 2:30 and had to wait ot get a table.  Granted it is new but it was 2:30.  From the looks of the people there a fair number were UNO students but many were not.