PizzaWest

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

PizzaWest

Post by Greg S »

Hey guys just wanted to put a plug in for a place two good friends of mine opened.  They are in the space formerly occupied by Pizza Gourmet off on 120th and Giles.  They are between Houston's and Beyond Golf.  Good food, nice bar area, and a dog friendly patio.  We go there a lot before and after Chaser's games.  They usually do a special with ticket stubs from the game.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Re: PizzaWest

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:Hey guys just wanted to put a plug in for a place two good friends of mine opened.  They are in the space formerly occupied by Pizza Gourmet off on 120th and Giles.  They are between Houston's and Beyond Golf.  Good food, nice bar area, and a dog friendly patio.  We go there a lot before and after Chaser's games.  They usually do a special with ticket stubs from the game.

Greg

Sounds like a place to try.

Do they have a web site?  When did they open?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

They did a quite opening in May.  They also have some good lunch specials.  They had hockey on all the time during the playoffs.

Here's the website.  If you sign up for the email specials, they'll send you some good specials but not so many that it's obnoxious.

http://www.pizzawest.com/#

Greg
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Got an email today that this place joined pinpoint.

If you don't use pinpoint, its like a loyalty card that works for a lot of places and not just one place.  The best part, it doesn't use a card, rather a smart phone app.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Brad wrote:Got an email today that this place joined pinpoint.

If you don't use pinpoint, its like a loyalty card that works for a lot of places and not just one place.  The best part, it doesn't use a card, rather a smart phone app.
Sort of off topic, but I kept getting new merchant announcement email from PinPoint Rewards, even if I followed the unsubscribe instructions in the message. I emailed Pinpoint asking them to remove me from the mailing list and they just closed my account. That's customer service!
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Pizza West

Post by MadMartin8 »

I know I'm probably missing the existing thread on this place, so I apologize in advance. I did a search, but I think I must be blind and did not see one.

Who has been to this place? Is it decent? I've heard mixed things and since I live very close to it I was curious if it's worth a shot to try?
No posts exist for this topic
Brad
City Council

Re: Pizza West

Post by Brad »

MadMartin8 wrote:I know I'm probably missing the existing thread on this place, so I apologize in advance. I did a search, but I think I must be blind and did not see one.

Who has been to this place? Is it decent? I've heard mixed things and since I live very close to it I was curious if it's worth a shot to try?
Merged them. The original thread was in the wrong section..

I was there for party about a year ago. From what I remember it was good.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Thanks Brad, I thought I was going nuts. :) Well, more so than normal.
No posts exist for this topic
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

It is probably my favorite pizza in Omaha. I love their Pizza of the Month. This month it is Chicken Cordon Bleu... Excellent!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

There will be a second PizzaWest next to Dolce on 123rd and W Maple.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Coyote wrote:There will be a second PizzaWest next to Dolce on 123rd and W Maple.
Nice! I am on their texting list, they have really good deals now and then.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

Is the Maple location open yet? Last I heard it was supposed to open in mid-December if everything went smoothly with the inspections.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

BPHusker wrote:Is the Maple location open yet? Last I heard it was supposed to open in mid-December if everything went smoothly with the inspections.

Nope still dealing with the City of Omaha on few things for the inspection.

Greg
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I find it difficult to dislike pizza served in restaurants. It's a bit like sex. Even mediocre pizza is pretty good. And on that note, Pizza West is firmly in the mediocre category in my book.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Passed final city inspection today. They officially opened tonight.

Greg
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

How does it stack up with Mama's?
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

bigredmed wrote:How does it stack up with Mama's?

I dont like it as much as mama's, though orsi's edges out mama's...for my taste, anyway.
Go Cubs Go
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

thenewguy wrote:

I dont like it as much as mama's, though orsi's edges out mama's...for my taste, anyway.
I grant that the 120th and Maple place just opened, but wow did our experience tonight suck. The people who sat down after us had drinks, appetizer, and pizza, and left before we got our food. My wife ordered boneless wings with sauce on the side. They came out sauced. There was a hair in her ranch. The wings were room temperature. I ordered a combo pizza and asked to have no black olives. When it came, it had a tree's worth of olives.

As for the taste, Mama's and Orsi's both clearly beat it.

We might give it a second chance if its still there.

One good note is that compared to Bene's, the sound level is better, there are no arcade games, and the decor is better (and we saw it after the Restaurant show did it's makeover.). I hope this is not indicative of it's normal level of function.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

bigredmed wrote:
thenewguy wrote:

I grant that the 120th and Maple place just opened, but wow did our experience tonight suck. The people who sat down after us had drinks, appetizer, and pizza, and left before we got our food. My wife ordered boneless wings with sauce on the side. They came out sauced. There was a hair in her ranch. The wings were room temperature. I ordered a combo pizza and asked to have no black olives. When it came, it had a tree's worth of olives.

As for the taste, Mama's and Orsi's both clearly beat it.

We might give it a second chance if its still there.

One good note is that compared to Bene's, the sound level is better, there are no arcade games, and the decor is better (and we saw it after the Restaurant show did it's makeover.). I hope this is not indicative of it's normal level of function.
I went there on Saturday for lunch and had no problems. Service was prompt and we had no issues. The pizza tasted as good as the original location. Its my favorite pizza in Omaha.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

We went in January 10th (Maple location) and had no service issues. Food was real good, had some great appetizers. I think for pizza choices (toppings and such), they have the basics, but seem to be a lot more creative than places like Mama's and Orsi's.

One thing I really like there is you can buy pizza by the slice.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »