Omaha Brew Bus

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Omaha Brew Bus

Post by Brad »

Sunday afternoon after we left Krug Park, we walked down to peak in the windows at the "Infusion Brewery".  We just happen to walk up when Chris and another guy from the Crescent Moon were walking out. ( I don't know the other guy's name, but I have seen him around the moon complex before).

Anyways Chris mentioned that they were going to start a Brewery Shuttle to run people back and fourth between the Crescent Moon and Infusion Brewery.  Eventually they want to expand it to run to the 2 breweries in Benson (Benson Brewery and Infusion Brewery), the 2 downtown (assuming Storz Brewery and Borgota brewery), and the 2 on Farnam (Goldenrod Brewery and the other new one).
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sounds sweet, but all I could think about was, and Jim Rome's 1-800-nwaaaaa drunk bus hotline:

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

That is really cool that all these different people competing with each other can work together on something like that.  Should make for a lot of fun nights.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Seems like they are getting the right idea that if you build a connected area that can support the needs of people going out for the night overall the whole area will improve and business across the board will go up.. and come on its not like you can lay the knock out blow to another business in the bar scene.. Bars are only capable of doing X amount of business each night and anything more is lost business anyways so unless you have an 8k square foot bar its better to expand the local scene so that you make more money throughout the week instead of just on the weekends..

Since moving back I can't help but give raving reviews of the Omaha bar scene as it is impressive what the drinking scene is here! I love it..  8)
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Not sure where to put this.  When we were in Portland last week the tourist literature listed all the breweries, brew pubs and gastro-pubs in the metro area.  I counted them, and there are 69!

It is nice to see Omahans rediscovering craft beer.  Between Benson, the Old Market/riverfront and Farnam Street, we will have several beer districts.  Then there are the others further out west.  It all adds to the enjoyment of living in Omaha.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Does anyone here off hand know how many breweries Omaha has currenlty?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

guitarguy wrote:Does anyone here off hand know how many breweries Omaha has currenlty?
Lucky Bucket
Nebraska Brewing Co
Upstream X2
Benson Brewery
Rock Bottom(chain)
Jaipur Brewery
Lazlo's
Granite City(chain)
Infusion Brewery(soon)
Goldenrod Brewery(soon)
Scriptown(soon)
Storz(soon)
Omaha Brewery(???)

Thats all, I could think of.  I am sure there are a few others hiding.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Not bad.. for how much people love beer around here you'd have to think that even if they tripled the breweries the area would still be able to support it..
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I forgot Borgata which is soon as well.  Probably the most notable thing about the breweries is how young they all are.  We are seeing a major beer boom the past year.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Doesn't Lazlo's and Granite City brew in Lincoln, not Omaha?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:Doesn't Lazlo's and Granite City brew in Lincoln, not Omaha?
Really?  I know Granite City has fermenting tanks, I haven't been to Lazlo's in years I don't remember if they had them out there.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Also Storz is brewing out of Lincoln right now.  I still don't think we know if they will actually brew out of the riverfront location or not yet.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Maybe Storz could also buy the parcel to the south of Rick's and put a brewery in there?  :cheers:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:
Coyote wrote:Doesn't Lazlo's and Granite City brew in Lincoln, not Omaha?
Really?  I know Granite City has fermenting tanks, I haven't been to Lazlo's in years I don't remember if they had them out there.
I think Lazlos does 100% of the brewing process in Lincoln.  I was just at Lazlos in Omaha this past weekend and I didn't and never have seen any tanks in there.

Granite City actually has a "Wort House" (I think its in Iowa).  The wort is brought to the local stores in a taker truck, where it is put in to the fermentation vessel and is fermented.  After that is its filtered and pumped in to the holding tank, which is out of public site behind the row of fermentation vessels that are on display in the restaurant.  There is actually a Brewery Manager that spends about half his week in the brewery and the other half managing the restaurant.
Brad
City Council

Re: Omaha Brew Bus

Post by Brad »

The Omaha Brew Bus is kicking off the 2017 season Tomorrow.

1/28/2017 "Funday Brewery Tour"
Stops on this tour include Brickway Brewing, Nebraska Brewing Company and Farnam House.
Starts at 2pm at the Casual Pint, ends at the Casual Pint and costs $55.00 Per Person. Riders must check in 15 minutes prior to starting the tour.

2/4/2017 "River City Brewery Tour"
Stops on this tour include Lucky Bucket Brewing, Brickway Brewing & Distillery and Benson Brewery.
Starts at 2 pm at the Casual Pint, ends at the Casual Pint and costs $55.00 Per Person. Riders must check in 15 minutes prior to starting the tour.

2/11/2017 The ONE Brewery Tour
Stops on this tour include Infusion Brewing, Lucky Bucket Brewing and Benson Brewery. Riders must check in 15 minutes prior to starting the tour.
Starts at 1:30 pm at the Casual Pint, ends at the Casual Pint and costs $55.00 Per Person.

The Omaha Brew Bus Website:
http://www.omahabrewbus.com/

The Omaha Brew Bus Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/omahabrewbus/