Toppers Pizza

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Toppers Pizza

Post by Coyote »

Hot, Sizzling Expansion: Toppers Pizza Secures Multi-Unit Deal in Nebraska
Father and Son Duo Expand Fast-casual and Eclectic Pizza Family with Plans to Open Six Units in Omaha and Lincoln, Neb.

PR Web wrote:The eclectic pizza delivery brand Toppers Pizza (Toppers) is growing quickly with no signs of slowing down. The young and young-at-heart franchise is proud to announce it has recently awarded a six-unit area development agreement for Omaha and Lincoln, Neb. Father and son Jon and Jon Crowe are looking forward to building off their initial success in Lincoln by opening six Toppers stores in the two cities over the next three years. This agreement represents a bold move from the growing pizza concept to make their mark in Nebraska, evidence of the brand’s growing fan base of both franchisees and customers.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://journalstar.com/business/local/t ... 51bce.html
Jon P. Crowe, who owns the Lincoln Toppers at 1226 P St. along with his father, said the pair plan to have their first Omaha location open by the end of March.

Crowe said they do not yet have a lease signed, but they're targeting an area near Aksarben Village at 67th and Center streets. He said they also are interested in a spot near Creighton University and the area around 120th and Dodge streets.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The pizzas  and grinders sure look tasty!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

nativeomahan wrote:The pizzas  and grinders sure look tasty!
Navy beans, navy beans...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

almighty_tuna wrote:
nativeomahan wrote:The pizzas  and grinders sure look tasty!
Navy beans, navy beans...

:like: lol
Brad
City Council

Re: Toppers Pizza (114th and Dodge)

Post by Brad »

According to Grow Omaha, Toppers will be opening at 114th and Dodge where Extreme Pizza was.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Toppers Pizza (114th and Dodge)

Post by Coyote »

Toppers Pizza at 741 N 114th Street will be opening June 2nd.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Toppers Pizza

Post by Coyote »

Toppers Pizza will be taking over Jason's Deli on 70th & Dodge, making it the third in Nebraska, after 114th & Dodge, and 12th & P in Lincoln.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:Toppers Pizza will be taking over Jason's Deli on 70th & Dodge, making it the third in Nebraska,  after 114th & Dodge, and 12th & P in Lincoln.
Glad to hear that...I may have to give them a try. I am kind of sick of Jason's Deli. We have had the catered to work a few times and their bagel and rolls always seem really dry.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

My bad, I think, they are taking over the bay to the east of Jason's Deli... 7010 Dodge Suite 104, Jason's is Ste 101, Massage Envy is 106...
2Adam29
Home Owners Association

Post by 2Adam29 »

I went to the 114th location yesterday for lunch, it was dead. One person came in for a to go order and I saw them go to deliver another, but otherwise, the entire time we were there it didn't seem to have any other business. Hope we just saw them on an off day...
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Sounds like the 7010 Dodge St location is opening on Saturday and the first 50 customers with a $10 purchase get free pizza for a year. The restaurant opens at 10:30 am.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

I've had it twice from the 114th and Dodge location, with mixed results.

The pizza is pretty good; lots of toppings and the price is great. (They have this online special where you can get 2 large pizzas with 3 toppings for about $18 on Tuesdays.)

But both times, the orders have gotten munged up. The first time, they called me just as I was leaving to let me know that they had biffed the order and that they were going to have to start over. The second time, I arrived, and they said it would just be a few more minutes, which I thought was weird because I had ordered it before I left work downtown, and it was 10 minutes after the time it was supposed to be ready. So I waited, and waited. And after another 15 minutes, I finally got my pizza. My guess is that when I arrived, they realized they had forgotten to make my order. :roll:

They did give me a 50% off coupon for my next order and took 50% off this order as well. (So I got 2 large pizzas for $10 after tax. They at least tried to make up for it.)
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I just went to the 70th and Dodge location for the first time on Saturday. We had a dailydeal coupon which got a Large specialty pizza and order of Topperstix for $10. It made at least 3 meals for me and my family. I thought the toppings were great including the sweet peppers that were on the pizza. We got the big topper pizza which had quite a few toppings on it. At least they gave us a dipping sauce for both the pizza and cheese sticks. Papa Johns used to but now we only get one sauce included. Overall, I thought Toppers was great. The franchise started in Wisconsin and while on vacation in Wisconsin this summer, I noticed that they have very rapid expansion in a lot of towns in the state.

Sounds like the first store opened in 1993, but didn't open a franchise until 2002. They now have over 75 locations in 13 states.