Over Easy (16859 Q Street)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Linkin5
County Board

Re: Over Easy (16859 Q Street)

Post by Linkin5 »

onelocalfoods wrote:Keep positivity in your heart and it will reflect in your world.
You attract your alike.
I'll tell you one thing. If you were a mouth peice or associated with my business I would be very upset. You are extremely condescending and sound like you have a couple screws loose.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

This thread just got more interesting.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

RNcyanide wrote:This thread just got more interesting.
Reminds me of days past.... perhaps someone will be moving to better urba.... uhhh.... Culinary.... horizons in Europe.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Garrett wrote:
Reminds me of days past.... perhaps someone will be moving to better urba.... uhhh.... Culinary.... horizons in Europe.

:;): been here long enough that I get it!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

nebugeater wrote:
Garrett wrote:

:;):   been here long enough that I get it!
Someone want to fill me in?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Everyone knows French Cuisine is better than anything you can find on the Streets of Omaha! :yes:
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:Everyone knows French Cuisine is better than anything you can find on the Streets of Omaha! :yes:

Oooooohhhhhhhh. Gotcha. I think.
No posts exist for this topic
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:Everyone knows French Cuisine is better than anything you can find on the Streets of Omaha! :yes:

Oooooohhhhhhhh. Gotcha. I think.
Yeah me too.

The Bride
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I think you are on to something!!!!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I don't know... I want to say it has something to do with DTO...

Kidding, of course.

The Bride
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Not to steer the subject back, but ...

I would much rather have a locally-owned independent place start up than yet another Perkins or something.

It also saddens me when long-standing very successful places close, the various Caniglia joints being cited above. They closed not because their concept was poor, but because they didn;t have the next generation which was willing to carry on. I really don't blame them, running a restaurant would be about the last thing I would choose to do.

However, it seems like many of the newer openings are simply "ok" at best. This means, as mentioned above, not only the food but the total experience. Of course if the food is not prepared to the guests satisfaction, they will not return. If the seating and service are slow, they will not return. If the place is too noisy to chat, they will not return - hey, it's a breakfast joint, not a nightclub! :)

Not only will the disappointed guests not return, they will be sure to tell friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc., give poor Yelp and whatever reviews, post reviews in on-line fora, and others will choose to "pass" on the place as well. If the word gets out about high prices and/or small portions, it can kill a lot of potential business.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Sorry, OmaBabe. You just don't have enough positivity in your heart!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

NEDodger wrote:Sorry, OmaBabe.   You just don't have enough positivity in your heart!

Just imagine you're eating something good. That'll make you enjoy the contemporary food more.

The Bride
onelocalfoods
Home Owners Association

Post by onelocalfoods »

Good News! You can stay home and watch them succeed still. Tuesday night February 3rd at 9pm this local Omaha restaurant will be on CNBC. Restaurant startup season 2. Going for a second location. Little breakfast restaurant chosen as one of twenty across the nation as a cutting edge concept.

Channel 42 on cox. Go Omaha!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

And they are gone.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:And they are gone.
Do you mean that they got out pitched by Roast Deli and Market?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:And they are gone.
Do you mean that they got out pitched by Roast Deli and Market?
Haha yeah sorry I didn't mean closed or anything.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Best Breakfast in Every State

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (85.12 KiB) Viewed 7310 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Finally made it all the way out to Over Easy for brunch. The place was packed with a decent length wait. Service and Food was great. It would be in our normal rotation if it wasn't at 168 and Q.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Over has posted a couple teaser tweets with photos of Rounders like Localmotive had..

Teaser tweets said: "Big announcement coming this week." and "ummmmm.....there is something you should know."

I like Over Easy, just wish they had a closer location.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Brad wrote:I like Over Easy, just wish they had a closer location.
Closer to what?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Closer to what?
The middle part of Omaha.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Brad wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Closer to what?
The middle part of Omaha.
What's your definition of the middle part of Omaha?

IMO, Westroads is the middle of Omaha.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:What's your definition of the middle part of Omaha?

IMO, Westroads is the middle of Omaha.
Yes, Westroads would work. Anything between Westroads and Aksarben would be good too.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

OVER EASYLike Page
19 mins ·
Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has come.

Over Easy has purchased LocalMotive!

We will be offering rounders and sandwiches via Late Night Drive-Thru on Friday and Saturday nights. This will begin Friday Aug 18th and Saturday Aug 19th from 9pm-2am, and will run through the end of the summer.
We are also planning to bring LocalMotive to Dandelion very soon. This may include late night in The Old Market as well. Menu coming soon.

We cant wait to have LocalMotive back!
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

This photo dated 2018-02-24 indicates their intention to open a second location, but it's a year+ later and I'm not aware of a second location or one even in the works. Anyone know anything?

Image credit: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/over-ea ... ScluADFhAw
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

I could be wrong, but seeking out investors by having them send emails to a gmail account (as indicated by the photo) might not be the most successful business expansion plan. Perhaps that is why they have not expanded to that new location. I sent an email asking for information, we shall see if there is a response.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Opposite end of building from Over Easy is going to be the Dapper Donut.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Frozen pipes burst and force over easy to close temporarily Subscribe to KETV on YouTube now for more: http://bit.ly/1emyaD5 Get more Omaha news: http://www.ketv.com Like us: http://facebook.com/ketv7 Follow us: http://twitter.com/KETV Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ketv7/

ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

OWH article says Over Easy reopened on February 6th. Normal hours - 7am - 2pm. Though, I cannot seem to get the menu on Over Easy's website to display in my browser.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:34 am OWH article says Over Easy reopened on February 6th. Normal hours - 7am - 2pm. Though, I cannot seem to get the menu on Over Easy's website to display in my browser.
Something's not right with their website. Prices probably aren't accurate, but here's an archived copy from May of last year. Just scroll down to see the menu.

http://web.archive.org/web/202105110357 ... omaha.com/
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha restaurant holds 'Princess and Superheros' themed breakfast for families before Labor Day
Superhero-themed foods and Disney princesses were of course in attendance

There are many ways to celebrate Labor Day, but one Omaha area restaurant celebrated in a way that the whole family can enjoy. OVER EASY is a family-themed restaurant that said that they have seen a sizable turnout for this free event. The staff told 3 News Now that the reason for holding such an event is to continue building a community presence as they have for the past nine years.

The plates were stacked with tasty treats such as Spiderman waffles, Olaf pancakes, princess pop tarts and of course the usual suspects like bacon and eggs. Sno cones were also provided by Spectrum Snoballs. After guests ate, they could take pictures with all the different characters, burn some calories on in the bounce house and get their faces painted. You could definitely say this was a super way to kick off the Labor Day weekend.

Photo by: OVER EASY
Omaha restaurant holds 'Princess and Superheros' themed breakfast.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha breakfast restaurant Over Easy closing;
to celebrate its last service June 4

In a Facebook Post, OVER EASY announced it will be closing its doors on June 4. The Facebook Post read:

"Ten Years!!!!
10 years ago today we signed a lease and our idea of a modern breakfast spot was born!
Our Q Street location has been home for 3,650 days and counting.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:52 pm
Omaha breakfast restaurant Over Easy closing;
to celebrate its last service June 4

In a Facebook Post, OVER EASY announced it will be closing its doors on June 4. The Facebook Post read:

"Ten Years!!!!
10 years ago today we signed a lease and our idea of a modern breakfast spot was born!
Our Q Street location has been home for 3,650 days and counting.
That’s really too bad - I heard the owners of this place are the ppl who purchased the rights to B&Gs Tasty Foods and they’re opening the store at NXT.
onelocalfoods
Home Owners Association

Post by onelocalfoods »

Will miss this one.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

I went to Over Easy once about a year ago. The food was okay. The service and atmosphere were a little less so. If I lived closer, I might have gone to it about 1 in 8,9 or 10 breakfast trips. There are several places I like better. I honestly won't miss this one that much.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I ate there just one time last Summer. The food was completely forgettable..as was the service…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

I liked the place alright. It's the type of private breakfast place that's hard to find in West O (actual West O and not you people that think 84th is West O... lol). However, like a lot of people, I only have time for a full service restaurant breakfast on the weekends and Over Easy just wasn't worth the crowd or the wait to be seated. Especially, since they didn't really have a place to wait in their dining. You'd drive by and people would be outside sitting on the curb. No thanks. Finally, I tend to keep my breakfast fare pretty basic, so places like Over Easy are a pricey place to get a couple of eggs and some bacon. Now, if you're into loftier breakfast cuisine, then maybe there was more of a value.

People were weirdly obsessed with their homemade pop tarts the first couple of years the place was open.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

The only time I went, I ordered corned beef hash and eggs- a staple item at most all places that serve breakfast- and it was completely inedible. The corned beef was total gristle. Absolutely the worst I ever had. The “Pop Tart” was okay; but I could buy a box of those at the grocery store and pop ‘em in the toaster and be just as happy, even more as I’d spend 90% less on a box of Pop Tarts than I would ordering one at Over Easy..Throw in the service was totally sketchy and the coffee was lukewarm.. Eshhhh..

For me, this place won’t be missed…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:13 am The only time I went, I ordered corned beef hash and eggs- a staple item at most all places that serve breakfast- and it was completely inedible. The corned beef was total gristle. Absolutely the worst I ever had. The “Pop Tart” was okay; but I could buy a box of those at the grocery store and pop ‘em in the toaster and be just as happy, even more as I’d spend 90% less on a box of Pop Tarts than I would ordering one at Over Easy..Throw in the service was totally sketchy and the coffee was lukewarm.. Eshhhh..

For me, this place won’t be missed…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Definitely get the feels that their breakfast shop wasn't anything to go out of your way for... any thoughts on the owners re-opening the B&G Tasty Foods concept and what type of success they may have with that?

I'd say if everyone was not pleased with the taste of the food at Over Easy then there's obviously a food quality issue only. However it appears most weren't too happy with the service they had there either. Although unless they change things up quite a bit I imagine B&G will remain an order at the counter type of place so hopefully that won't be as much of a concern.