Chick-fil-A

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Re: Chick-fil-A

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:The Chick-Fil-A on 75th and Dodge is complete framed up. Looks a little different than others in town.

I saw that too yesterday when I drove by.

On another note that is going to be a real cluster at least when they first open getting in and out of there for those that want to try.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yeah, that does look quite a bit different than the others in the metro.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

Look's like it's like it's this design

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:This is the property owned by Chick-fil-A

Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

lmdramos wrote:Look's like it's like it's this design
There now is a bunch of pallets of brick at the site and parts of the building are clad, suggesting it may be that kind of shape but with brick instead of stucco and black panel.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:

I went by here the middle of the afternoon and there was no one working here. I wonder if they are working at the 72nd street one first.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Nothing has changed since last Friday. :(
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Image
MSizlack
Home Owners Association

Post by MSizlack »

I'm not buying this, but... I was at lowes and one of the employees that was helping load my car said that he was told by the guys building the chick fil a that this temporary building until they can build on 72/dodge.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

MSizlack wrote:I'm not buying this, but... I was at lowes and one of the employees that was helping load my car said that he was told by the guys building the chick fil a that this temporary building until they can build on 72/dodge.
I suppose they could be lined up for the NW corner when and if Cross Roads gets torn down. I'm not a fan of Chick-fil-A, so I only eat there when I get dragged in there. Got dragged into the one on 178th & Center last night and I tried the 3 chicken strip combo meal. The chicken strips were OK but I like Raising Canes chicken strips 10 times better. The fries were pretty bland and boring. The fries were those waffle looking types of fries and Im pretty sure they are made for Chic Fil A by Con Agra. All and all I dont get the Chic Fil A infatuation shared by so many others.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks like Omaha's newest Chic-Fil-A at 76th and Dodge will face south. towards Lowes. Fine with me, makes for better photos :;):

garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

For those playing along at home, there's a sign saying "OPEN SEPTEMBER 15" in front of the 76 & Dodge CFL. Freddy's is already open, so I guess they won.
HelpHelpLava
New to the Neighborhood

Post by HelpHelpLava »

I guess it only takes 7 years to build a Chick-fil-A in Council Bluffs, IA.

Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I think the one in Sorensen Plaza is now open. I happened to look over as I went to Target tonight and the plaza parking across from Chik-fil-A was packed with cars -- usually there is nothing parked there.
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

HelpHelpLava wrote:I guess it only takes 7 years to build a Chick-fil-A in Council Bluffs, IA.

Yeah, they have had their land bought for a while now. I finally went to Chic-fil-a this past week in Papillion. Took my granddaughter there after birthday shopping with her. I was not impressed at all. Had the 3 piece chicken strip dinner and a small shake for each of us, $18.00, The chicken was ok. nothing special. The waffle fries were pale, cold and limp. shake was ok. Not worth what i spent, though.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I love their chicken sandwiches. Especially the spicy one. I'm hoping they build one on West Maple.

Greg
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

I like to squeeze in a grilled chicken sandwich and a cup of chicken noodle soup when I am in a hurry. It's decent and somewhat healthy. It's pretty good for fast food.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Uffda wrote:I think the one in Sorensen Plaza is now open. I happened to look over as I went to Target tonight and the plaza parking across from Chik-fil-A was packed with cars -- usually there is nothing parked there.
That place looks packed when I drive-by everyday, with cars backed-up at the drive-thru. Glad to see it's doing well. If developers/owners would bring more good stuff to Sorensen Plaza, they'd see there is actually a big demand in that part of the city for the same kind of good things they get out in West-O. Now, bring a Panera, Bruegers, Qdoba, HyVee, etc. to Sorensen Plaza!
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

The stores are generally clean, and the workers don't seem like they are in the seventh circle of he-ll like many franchise places.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote:The stores are generally clean, and the workers don't seem like they are in the seventh circle of he-ll like many franchise places.
Their staff and customer service is on a whole different level than any other fast food in town.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Chick-fil-A in MoO is getting a $100k renovation.
OK. Now tell me. If they are doing a renovation there, do they know something about the building staying there...?
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

Coyote wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 pm The Chick-fil-A in MoO is getting a $100k renovation.
OK. Now tell me. If they are doing a renovation there, do they know something about the building staying there...?
Doubtful. MOO has been doing renovations all over the building. Part of it is to keep employees happy since any move would be at least 5 years out. Part of it is a tax write off. Also, they still have some hope that they can get someone else to take over the building when they vacate.

By the way, the renovation to Chik Fil A in MOO was completed a couple of months ago.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

omaha79 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 am By the way, the renovation to Chik Fil A in MOO was completed a couple of months ago.
Strange. This permit from 12JUN18 is still pending.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Greg S wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 am I'm hoping they build one on West Maple.
Did they talk about a west maple location on Grow Omaha recently? I cant remember if I heard that or not? Possibly by Fleet Farm or Costco?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Brad wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:37 am
Greg S wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 am I'm hoping they build one on West Maple.
Did they talk about a west maple location on Grow Omaha recently? I cant remember if I heard that or not? Possibly by Fleet Farm or Costco?
I'm not sure. Last Saturday they were intermingling talk of Costco (new one and other 2) with Chik Fil A then suddenly pivoted to new car wash announcement near the La Vista Costco.

Greg
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

On the west Maple and chicken topic, that Church's seems to be taking a very long time.
Agibson951
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Agibson951 »

Church’s is taking a very long time. The Runza on Ida started around the same time and has been open for months already. I’m just hoping Church’s opens up this year