Chick-fil-A

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Chick-fil-A

Post by Coyote »

Chick-fil-a may be moving into the former Lone Star building in Legacy. 175th & Center.
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Chick-fil-A

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Chick-fil-a may be moving into the former Lone Star building in Legacy. 175th & Center.

Would it be a tear down and rebuild like they did in Bellevue. They have a fairly distinct look on any newer one I have seen. I do not see a remodel working.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:Chick-fil-a may be moving into the former Lone Star building in Legacy. 175th & Center.

Would it be a tear down and rebuild like they did in Bellevue.  They have a fairly distinct look on any newer one I have seen.  I do not see a remodel working.
I'll look into that today... They tore down the Bellevue site?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

Would it be a tear down and rebuild like they did in Bellevue.  They have a fairly distinct look on any newer one I have seen.  I do not see a remodel working.
I'll look into that today... They tore down the Bellevue site?

I thought so but I have been wrong before.....
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

From the OWH where it stated that there was to be a new building built and The Carlos would be tore down. That is how I remember it.

From OWH Feb 13 2012
http://www.omaha.com/article/20120213/N ... ns-to-city

Plans were submitted to the City of Bellevue Monday morning for a full-service Chick-fil-A restaurant.

The restaurant will replace the Carlos O'Kelly Mexican restaurant on Cornhusker Road, which will be demolished.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Oh, just checked, permit is for a 'new building'.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

From the World Herald:
17501 West Center Road, on the southwest corner of 175th Street and West Center Road.

A Chik-Fil-A spoksewoman confirmed that a new restaurant is on the way. Construction is expected to begin this spring or as soon as the ground thaws, she said, and it will open by fall of this year. It will include a drive-through, playground and an outdoor patio.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

They're obviously going to level the ill-fated Colton's/Lone Star building... it's been a challenge for some restaurants on West Center out here, a lot of have and gone. I have no doubt the Chick-Fil-A will do well, especially so close to Walmart. :)
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Stargazer wrote:They're obviously going to level the ill-fated Colton's/Lone Star building... it's been a challenge for some restaurants on West Center out here, a lot of have and gone.  I have no doubt the Chick-Fil-A will do well, especially so close to Walmart. :)
I've gone to the one in Papillion next to that Walmart several times, and Walmart people don't really seem to go there.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

Legacy Chick-fil-A Opens October 09, 2014

17501 West Center Road, on the southwest corner of 175th Street and West Center Road.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I have been meaning to snap a photo if this (and other things) now that I live way the heck out west...
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

If only they'd open actually in the city instead of on the outskirts/suburbs.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

There is a limited location in Mutual of Omaha that the public can go to.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

Weren't they going to open one by the Crossroads? I could have that wrong, but I thought I'd heard something about that last year.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Why does anyone care about a national chain fast food purveyor opening anything? Can't we already find better examples of this sort of food already here? Admittedly, I eat very little fast food (maybe once a month). I always try to direct my business to the local folks.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

lonnie wrote:Per http://www.chick-fil-a.com the Legacy Chick-fil-A Opens October 09, 2014
Interesting is Chick-fil-A is scheduled to open 7 new locations across the country on that same day !

That's a lot of of inflatable "Eat Mor Chikin" Cows on each roof.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

People care about because it is delicious and there is no chicken sandwich quite like a Chick-Fil-A sandwich.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

lmdramos wrote:People care about because it is delicious and there is no chicken sandwich quite like a Chick-Fil-A sandwich.
I think that is a personal preference. I had some young guys that I work with very excited about Chick-fil-A they even had people bring some back from Kansas City before we had up here. I tried it once they opened up here and just thought it was a chicken sandwich I didn't taste anything special about it.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

nativeomahan wrote:Why does anyone care about a national chain fast food purveyor opening anything? Can't we already find better examples of this sort of food already here? Admittedly, I eat very little fast food (maybe once a month). I always try to direct my business to the local folks.

I wouldn't trade you that new Chic-fil-A for a dozen of those dumb food trucks! :;):
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

They don't put a gallon of mayo on their sandwiches, which is a plus. Also, I don't get the understaffed "factory of sadness" vibe like with other quick service restaurants.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

jessep28 wrote:They don't put a gallon of mayo on their sandwiches, which is a plus. Also, I don't get the understaffed "factory of sadness" vibe like with other quick service restaurants.
I will agree with that. I have noticed the few times we have visited the one in Bellevue, the workers are much more attentive and willing to serve you like they should. Unlike so many other fast food restaurants where the employees act like you are inconveniencing them when you try to place an order.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

skinzfan23 wrote:
jessep28 wrote:They don't put a gallon of mayo on their sandwiches, which is a plus. Also, I don't get the understaffed "factory of sadness" vibe like with other quick service restaurants.
I will agree with that.  I have noticed the few times we have visited the one in Bellevue, the workers are much more attentive and willing to serve you like they should.  Unlike so many other fast food restaurants where the employees act like you are inconveniencing them when you try to place an order.
I agree with both of these statements.

Plus, their Spicy Chicken sandwich just tastes good. If I want to get some good chicken, but don't have time to go sit down and wait, I'll go to Chick-fil-a.
No posts exist for this topic
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

I think Chickfila is in a league of their own as far as FAST food Chicken sandwiches are concerned. I love Chicken sandwiches and the only place I can get a decent Chicken sandwich is Wendy's. All of the other fast food places use mechanically seperated chicken in nearly all of their sandwiches which is disgusting and tastes terrible. Chickfila uses the best chicken out of any other fast food place I've ever been to, they also use Pressure Fryers to cook the Chicken which leaves the inside super juicy but flash fries the outside perfectly. Now I'll have to see how they make the sandwiches around here but the first few times I had it was in ATL ( their hometown ) and I still remember how incredible it was. :yes:
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

guitarguy wrote:I think Chickfila is in a league of their own as far as FAST food Chicken sandwiches are concerned. I love Chicken sandwiches and the only place I can get a decent Chicken sandwich is Wendy's. All of the other fast food places use mechanically seperated chicken in nearly all of their sandwiches which is disgusting and tastes terrible. Chickfila uses the best chicken out of any other fast food place I've ever been to, they also use Pressure Fryers to cook the Chicken which leaves the inside super juicy but flash fries the outside perfectly. Now I'll have to see how they make the sandwiches around here but the first few times I had it was in ATL ( their hometown ) and I still remember how incredible it was.  :yes:
II think that they're ad still offering kitchen tours at most restaurants if you ask them. It might be smart though to wait until they are slower.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Here is one guy's ranking of fast food chicken sandwiches...

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/bes ... mcdonald-s
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

I'm finally catching up on the forums. Hate to break it to you, but there are Republicans in Dundee. I would guess more than you realize.

And yes, I would love a Chick-Fil-A within Omaha. The one at MTC isn't the same.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

lisanstan wrote:And yes, I would love a Chick-Fil-A within Omaha. The one at MTC isn't the same.
This West Center Chick-Fil-A *is* within Omaha, annexed about 3 years ago.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

lonnie wrote:Per http://www.chick-fil-a.com the Legacy Chick-fil-A Opens October 09, 2014

Opens Thursday.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I was told by someone this week that there will be a Chick-fil-A built in front of Costco. Also they will be building one on their land at Sorensen Plaza next year.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Uffda wrote:I was told by someone this week that there will be a Chick-fil-A built in front of Costco. Also they will be building one on their land at Sorensen Plaza next year.
Chick Fil-A doesn't own any of the lots around Costco at the moment, so I don't trust that rumor.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote:
Uffda wrote:I was told by someone this week that there will be a Chick-fil-A built in front of Costco. Also they will be building one on their land at Sorensen Plaza next year.
Chick Fil-A doesn't own any of the lots around Costco at the moment, so I don't trust that rumor.
Just because they don't know them doesn't mean they don't have them under contract. There are people with land under contract that have started construction plans event though they don't technically own the land yet.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Looks like the Sorensen Plaza location (next to their Taco Bell) will be starting this summer...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:

Looks like the Sorensen Plaza location (next to their Taco Bell) will be starting this summer...
About time... Although not a fanatic.. Just need a change of pace :D
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

jessep28 wrote:
Rumor confirmed! 1.3 acres owned by Midwest Green Partners will be a Chick-fil-a... SW corner of Costco property.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:
jessep28 wrote:
Rumor confirmed! 1.3 acres owned by Midwest Green Partners will be a Chick-fil-a... SW corner of Costco property.
Damn I got one right :D
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Was wondering when they were going to build more. Every time I go by one in town they are busy. Does not seem to matter what day or time it is.

Greg
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I noticed as I was driving west on Dodge expressway this morning there was dirt work being done in front of Costco. I don't know if this is the Chick-fil-A site or not
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uffda wrote:I noticed as I was driving west on Dodge expressway this morning there was dirt work being done in front of Costco. I don't know if this is the Chick-fil-A site or not
Yes, and it should go up quick...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:
Uffda wrote:I noticed as I was driving west on Dodge expressway this morning there was dirt work being done in front of Costco. I don't know if this is the Chick-fil-A site or not
Yes, and it should go up quick...

And still nothing started at Sorensen plaza. :(
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Has there been an announcement about a Chick-Fil-A on the Lowe's property at 75th and Dodge?