Fish Fry 2014

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Fish Fry 2014

Post by Coyote »

Even though it is not Lent until next week, Holy Name starts their fish fry tonight.
Let's keep a list here on who is serving what -especially beer selections :cheers:
Brad
City Council

Re: Fish Fry 2014

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Even though it is not Lent until next week, Holy Name starts their fish fry tonight.
Let's keep a list here on who is serving what -especially beer selections  :cheers:
Last year at St Pius X's "Pasta Fry" they had 2 Lucky Bucket Products. Wine too.

I can't remember what Our Lady of Lourdes had.
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

Gonna check out Mary Our Queen this week. I'll let you know!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Last year, the Greek Orthodox church in Ralston (90th and Q) had a killer fish fry. Lots of non-fried options.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bargainhunter wrote:Gonna check out Mary Our Queen this week.  I'll let you know!
I heard they have the second longest line after Holy Name.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

We tried the Fish Fry at the Kroc Center last year, and it was surprisingly good. It was all you can eat for $9. The fish was very good and came with fries and coleslaw, I believe. There was hardly any wait, which was nice as well.

This year I would like to try a few different options and it sounds like Mary our Queen and Holy Name would be good choices.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

Brad wrote:
bargainhunter wrote:Gonna check out Mary Our Queen this week.  I'll let you know!
Tried to go to MOQ last Friday. The line was out the door and wrapped through the whole church/school. We did not stay to eat. Our friends got in line right after 6:00 and didn't eat until 10:30!! They had 2 choices of beer, Michelob Ultra and Amber Boch. Blech! Terrible choices.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

bargainhunter wrote:
Brad wrote:
Tried to go to MOQ last Friday.  The line was out the door and wrapped through the whole church/school.  We did not stay to eat.  Our friends got in line right after 6:00 and didn't eat until 10:30!!  They had 2 choices of beer, Michelob Ultra and Amber Boch.  Blech!  Terrible choices.
Thats the appeal for most people, seriously. Stand in line shoot the |expletive| and drink some beer.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

bargainhunter wrote:
Tried to go to MOQ last Friday.  The line was out the door and wrapped through the whole church/school.  We did not stay to eat.  Our friends got in line right after 6:00 and didn't eat until 10:30!!  They had 2 choices of beer, Michelob Ultra and Amber Boch.  Blech!  Terrible choices.
The line is typically like that until the last week. I think they still have a pick up window if you don't mind not eating there.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Thats the appeal for most people, seriously.  Stand in line shoot the |expletive| and drink some beer.
It would appeal a lot more to me if it was eat right away, then sit around until 10pm and drink the beer and shoot the |expletive|.