Sumtur Ampitheater

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Sumtur Ampitheater

Post by Coyote »

Papillion Ampitheater Taking Shape
KPTM wrote:A long awaited outdoor performing arts center in Papillion is taking shape.

The roof is up over the Walnut Creek Ampitheater, as well as the stage floor and back wall.

Construction crew are now starting to work on the backhouse, which will include dressing rooms, restrooms, and scenery storage.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Hey cool, I forgot about this project. I was expecting something more like Chicago's Millineum Park amphitheatre. :lol: Looking good though. :!:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I thought this was never going to happen, the sign was up for a long time then it went away and nothing happened, now its almost done.

cool, its huge.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

A quick drive by shooting on another rainy day - Once it dries up I'll get a better one:

the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Cool another venue in the metro for concerts. :D Glad to see this shaping up.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

I really hope that they turn out some good shows, like how Pinewood Bowl puts on some musicals in Lincoln:
http://www.pinewoodbowl.org/welcome.html
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Walnut Creek Amphitheater (8/12/06)

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Amphitheater update plan announced
LEIA BAEZ WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Improvements to the amphitheater include adding perimeter fencing for better ticketed events and improved security, installing an admissions and ticket booth to host larger and more organized events, installing a wireless communication system and additional sound and lighting equipment. The parking lot also will be expanded and additional seating added to accommodate more than 2,500 guests. Additional restrooms and a second concession area are planned.
dandr1229
New to the Neighborhood

Post by dandr1229 »

With that expansion, that Amphitheatre is going to become a great regional draw.  I could see some groups that would have usually just traveled down the interstate to get to Denver, Chicago, KC etc may now actually stop a night to put on a show just to fill there schedule.

Also heard that the Omaha Symphony is talking about playing there some.

Papillion has done a great job with it.  Now between Cass County with Mahoney and SAC Museum and Sarpy County with the Papillion Amphitheatre, the Omaha Royals in their new stadium, Cabella's, and the LaVista hotels this stretch of I-80 could become a real regional tourist/entertainment area - will be intersting to see how it develops over the next 10-20 years...

Guess that was a little off topic, but so was all the other Amphitheatre discussions....  oh well...
dandr1229
New to the Neighborhood

Sumtur Outdoor Amphitheater

Post by dandr1229 »

Went to the Bjorn Again concert last night at Papillion's Sumtur Amphitheater.

I loved ABBA, so really enjoyed the concert - the group did a great job, but:

I was really impressed with the setting.   The amphitheater sits in a bowl so the accoustics were great.  We moved around during the evening to a number of different spots and never had a bad place.  

Funny thing is folks kept saying how far out they thought they would be going (its by where the new ballpark will be) - Dave Wingert did an initial opening talk and he joked about that.  He said from his place by downtown to the amphitheater is was only 16 miniutes.  

Someone at the concert said they have been having free concerts over the summer - I'll be going back.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Sumtur Ampitheater

Post by Coyote »

2014 Movie Schedule

May 23rd: Frozen
June 6th: Monsters University
June 20th: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
July 25th: Muppets Most Wanted
August 8th: Despicable Me
August 15th: The Lego Movie
August 22nd: The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

After slow start, Papillion's Sumtur Amphitheater is drawing bigger names, bigger crowds, bigger sales

More and more people are discovering the outdoor amphitheater tucked away in the Walnut Creek Recreation Area near 108th Street and Highway 370. So are big-name acts.
Attendance at Sumtur has increased from 11,000 people in 2009 to 23,000 last year. The number of events has grown from 34 per year to 106 in that time.

This year, the amphitheater will host 10 events that are brought in by promoters and require tickets. That’s up from just three last year.

http://www.omaha.com/go/after-slow-star ... f9bf2.html
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here are that attendance numbers since it opened:

Sumtur Amphitheater event numbers
10,970: Audience
34: Events
13,580: Audience
37: Events
19,297: Audience