Archetype Coffee

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Globochem
Home Owners Association

Archetype Coffee

Post by Globochem »

Seriously the best place in town for coffee. By a large, large margin. Plus, they have a Synesso espresso machine. This place kills it! Isaiah, the owner, moved up from Tulsa (a remarkably developed coffee town) where he roasted for several years at Double Shot. He's bringing Omaha its first taste of truly perfectly brewed coffee.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Archetype Coffee

Post by Coyote »

Omaha barista Isaiah Sheese, a national champion, to compete internationally
Archetype owner among world's best coffee artists

"Omaha. Somewhere in the middle of America, right? It's not known for coffee. It's known for Warren Buffett or Union Pacific or the College World Series. So, yeah, I think it probably came out of nowhere for a lot of people." Isaiah Sheese knows what some people see. He's not a newcomer to barista competitions, though. Before this year, he qualified for several; finishing as high as fifth place. Then, earlier this spring, after adjusting his strategy, Isaiah earned scores described as "astounding" and claimed first place and the title of U.S. Barista Champion. As the owner of Archetype Coffee, he seems born to do this. But the reality is, Sheese stumbled into it.

“I went to school to be a youth pastor, but that didn't really help me in this except for being nice to people," he divulged. About 19 years ago, Isaiah went to work for a friend as a part-time barista. He never looked back. At the World Coffee Championships, he'll serve three courses to four judges: espresso, milk and a signature drink, which Sheese previewed.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

I hit this place several times when I’m in town. Archetype takes coffee to another level, and Omaha is lucky to have it——wishing him the best of luck.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

He had a great interview on KVNO a few months ago talking about water conditioning and recommended Third Wave. Apparently in the days leading up to competitions they will test their brews in the store so you might be lucky enough to get a sip.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Here is Isaiah's performance, if you will.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha’s Archetype Coffee owner places top five in the World Barista Championships

Carrying on the family’s love for coffee rested solely on Isaiah Sheese’s 6-year-old shoulders, which is when he had his first cup of coffee. “My dad’s side of the family only drinks sweet tea. My mom’s side of the family only drinks coffee,” said Sheese. “And so my mom didn’t drink coffee, my dad didn’t drink coffee, and my big brother didn’t drink coffee. So I think my grandma was like, ‘We can’t lose another one.’”

Would you expect anything less from this year’s U.S. Barista Champion? After taking the national title earlier this year, Sheese returned this week from Greece where he placed fourth in the world at the championships. He owns Archetype Coffee, which can be found in three locations across Omaha: one in the Blackstone District, one in Little Bohemia, and the newest in Millwork Commons.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Wow. I looked at the “best of” lists in all 4 categories, and homeboy was the only person from the U.S. of the 20 or so winners/runners up. That’s a B.F.D.. THAT is awesome.