Re: Omaha Ramen Noodle Fest

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha's Best chefs bring their tastiest Ramen offering in front of Omaha's top palettes for a family friendly competition in Downtown Benson. Sunday, Oct 26th, 1-6pm.

Local breweries will put some skin in the game by sampling out their seasonal brews with hopes of taking home the 'best local seasonal' Championship. Featured local ceramic artists have agreed to donate handmade ramen bowls for your V.I.P ramen eating needs.

Good food, good beer, good art, good cause. Win-win.

All proceeds benefit the Very Special People 'VSP' Club - a weekend recreation center for teens and adults with special needs to ease the social isolation many individuals with special needs face as they reach maturity.
AnArtfulDogger
New to the Neighborhood

Re: First annual Omaha Ramen Noodle Fest 2014

Post by AnArtfulDogger »

Sweet! :)

But shucky ducky! I won't be able to check it out since I'm coming to the area on October 22-25, so I'll miss that shindig by a day. :( But I'll be sure to let my guy know about it since he's a certified ramen freak. :mrgreen:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Ramen Fest 2015 is at Midtown Crossing
Midtown Crossing wrote:This Sunday’s Omaha Ramen Fest Set in Midtown Crossing’s Turner Park

Omaha, Neb. – Omaha’s Ramen Fest event is set for this Sunday, October 4 in Turner Park.
The concept of Ramen Fest is simple: Omaha’s best ramen noodle chefs “endeavor to create the best bowl of gourmet ramen noodles and allow the public and our panel of judges to vote for their favorite,” says festival founder and ramen enthusiast Javid Dabestani.
He says he started the festival last year to be active in the community, benefit nonprofit organizations and bring people together to enjoy “some of the best comfort food on the planet.”
“One morning I was eating some Shin Ramyun Black (one of my favorite packaged ramens), and I saw a piece on CBS Sunday Morning about a Grilled Cheese Festival in Los Angeles. I figured I could do something similar with a ramen noodle festival,” Dabestani says.
Omaha Ramen Fest will be held on Sunday, October 4, starting at noon. A portion of event proceeds will benefit Food Bank of the Heartland. Those who attended the festival last year will notice a couple of changes. For starters, guests will pay the vendors cash for their ramen – as opposed to trading purchased tickets.
“We’re also skipping the sample sizes because most people didn’t want to wait in line for a small serving, so this year, we’re only offering full-size bowls,” Dabestani says.
Another big change this year – the venue. Last year’s inaugural festival, which attracted hundreds of people, was held in Benson.
“The neighborhood was really great to work with, but space restrictions were an issue,” Dabestani says. “Midtown Crossing is a great venue for Ramen Fest because Turner Park is spread out; it’s beautiful; and the layout is conducive for this type of thing.”
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Over 6000 people have RSVP'd on Facebook. Even if only 3000 people showed up, and lets say only tried 2 different ramens...I dont see how they can cook up 6000 batches of ramen. If you're going to go, get there early. Last year was insane. With 10 times as many people this year, it should be interesting.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Looking at their official facebook event page, it looks like they will have 10 chefs. So 600 ramens each. Let's say the festival is 4 hours long. That means they need to cook 150 ramens per hour or 2.5 per minute. I suppose it is possible, but they will be BUSY.