Sizzl'n Kabobs

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Sizzl'n Kabobs

Post by Coyote »

A perfect hole in the wall. What a find! Right behind Big Fred's, Sizzl'n Kabobs is connected with Farm Fresh Market. They will start advertising on TV (42) soon, so you need to try this place out before word spreads. You order at the counter and they will bring your plate to your table.

I ordered the Combo Kabob Platter, cubed Lamb, ground Chicken and ground Beef (Shawarma?) and the flavors are tickling my soul. At first I thought the lamb was the beef, and the chicken was as tender as you could get it (I'll be back just for a hicken Kebab again). The rice itself is a treat, seasoned appropriately with Cumin and Cardamom, the Kebabs coming with a Tsaziki sauce and a spicy mint suace. Fresh Naan baked in their oven just tops everything off.

The service is great, I've met one of the owners twice now, he is a perfect host. I was told by another customer (from Nazareth) that their Falafel sandwich is the best around... Next time!

Coyote
City Council

Re: Sizzl'n Kabobs

Post by Coyote »

Hey, NativeOmahan, care to share about your meal at Sizzl'n Kabobs?
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

I got the combo platter to go today, and I agree that all three meats are good choices. The seasoning on the meat and the rice is spot-on and quite delicious. The salad was a bit different, and I'm not much of a salad lover, but it looks like a salad that my wife would like.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Once I found the place (hint, it is located directly ABOVE Big Fred's) I fell in love with the food. The owner waited on me (he also owns the Middle Eastern/Indian grocery and Halal butcher shop next door) and suggested I try the kabob sampler. It features a side salad, loads of rice and three large kabobs - one each of marinated chicken, lamb and ground beef. By far my favorite was the chicken, but the others were also tasty. The restaurant seasons all of their meat for two days before cooking it in their tandoor oven. My meal also came with a generous portion of naan bread, and a chutney dipping sauce. It was all too much for even me to eat in one sitting. I can't wait to go back. They sell their marinated uncooked kabobs to go. When grilling season returns I will definitely be loading my grill with some of these babies.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/rph/248/18902 ... tter-photo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:Once I found the place (hint, it is located directly ABOVE Big Fred's)
Lol, I drive right by the place all the time and I have never noticed it!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

It has not been there that long, I believe a Radio Shack used to be there.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Had dinner here. Great food. They are about to run commercials on channel 42.