OnSong

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

OnSong

Post by Coyote »

So, a friend has convinced me to build up my callouses again and suggested the iPad OnSong is the best program on the market right now. Anybody use this? Or have another suggestion?
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Re: OnSong

Post by guitarguy »

I would suggest using Youtube if you're serious about picking up guitar again.. totally free and there are countless channels that offer from first time beginner to advanced lesson video series. Also if you learn to read tablature ( the easiest way to learn songs ) you can look up any song you can think of online for free as well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

guitarguy wrote:I would suggest using Youtube if you're serious about picking up guitar again.. totally free and there are countless channels that offer from first time beginner to advanced lesson video series. Also if you learn to read tablature ( the easiest way to learn songs ) you can look up any song you can think of online for free as well.
I've been playing guitar for around 40 years now, I'm just getting back into it, but all my charts are in storage. OnSong says you can look up any lyric with chords and change the key, (to my vocal range...) for thousands of songs... but its $15... just wanted to know if it was worth it, no guitar lessons needed...
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

I don't see why it wouldn't it seems set up well for practicing and its nice that it gives you the ability to transpose the vocals. How much space does it take up? Could be something that takes up most of your ipad if its like most music stuff.