Pauli's at Aksarben Village

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Pauli's at Aksarben Village

Post by Brad »

I heard from a very creditable source that Pauli's (yes, that Pauli's) will be opening at Aksarben Village in the Pacific Life Building. They will be on the west end of the ground floor.
43county
Home Owners Association

Re: Pauli's at Aksarben Village

Post by 43county »

When I first heard about this (about a month ago) the plan was to be simply a bar...as in no food. Not sure if that was set in stone or not.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

He didn't mention if it would serve food or not, but he also mentioned that a "Comfort Food" restaurant would be in one of the other bays of the Pacific Life Building.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This would really help A/V become a place to go out and hop around for the night like Benson or OM. They will need more watering holes for hockey nights anyways!
Fresh03
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Fresh03 »

iamjacobm wrote:This would really help A/V become a place to go out and hop around for the night like Benson or OM. They will need more watering holes for hockey nights anyways!
I think this is a really good point as there is only two places to grab a drink which is DJs and Liv Lounge. If I want to get a drink I don't really think of DJs and Liv really isn't my speed so another place would be great. Yes Spirit World and Ponzu serve alcohol but I don't really consider them bars. Dudleys is closer to just being a bar but I usually don't go to pizza places either just for a few drinks. I tend to forgot about them as a choice.

Hopefully they have quite a few craft beers as I think that is also really missing from A/V, maybe 15 taps.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Fresh03 wrote:I think this is a really good point as there is only two places to grab a drink which is DJs and Liv Lounge. If I want to get a drink I don't really think of DJs and Liv really isn't my speed so another place would be great. Yes Spirit World and Ponzu serve alcohol but I don't really consider them bars. Dudleys is closer to just being a bar but I usually don't go to pizza places either just for a few drinks. I tend to forgot about them as a choice.

Hopefully they have quite a few craft beers as I think that is also really missing from A/V, maybe 15 taps.
Have you ever been to Dudley's? They have a great and always rotating Craft Selection.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I haven't been to all the restaurants in AV, but I think Dudley's is the top one. The food and beer selection is not matched in that area.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:I haven't been to all the restaurants in AV, but I think Dudley's is the top one. The food and beer selection is not matched in that area.
Absolutely!

The only people that would not enjoy it are people that want to go to DJ's to be absoutely surrounded in TV's showing sports. Dudley's has a few TV's in the bar, but nothing like DJ's.
Fresh03
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Fresh03 »

Brad to answer to your question, yes I have been to Dudley's and agree they have a great craft beer selection. I should have done a better job of clarifying that if I want to met a few friends for drinks after work or later in the night, Dudley's is not a place we think about going.

Iamjacobm makes the point that A/V needs several different times of bars (sports, lounge, maybe brewery in the future) to draw in more people and I think that is where Pauli's could definitely fill a need.

Plus Dudley's closes at 11 so you need more places that stay open later if A/V wants to draw in more people.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Brad wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:I haven't been to all the restaurants in AV, but I think Dudley's is the top one. The food and beer selection is not matched in that area.
Absolutely!

The only people that would not enjoy it are people that want to go to DJ's to be absoutely surrounded in TV's showing sports. Dudley's has a few TV's in the bar, but nothing like DJ's.
I don't want to go to DJ's to be absolutely surrounded by TVs showing sports, but Dudley's is not for me nor my wife. We just don't get it after several tries. But it's all subjective anyway. Plus we're leaving tables open for those of you who can't get enough of Dudleys. So enjoy Dudley's lovers of the world.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Pauli’s Bar to live anew at Aksarben
Pauli’s Bar, a former College World Series hot spot, will set up shop in Aksarben Village in mid-October, said owner Paul Griego. Pauli’s will move into the first floor of the building under construction for Pacific Life Insurance Co.

Griego is opening the space with four partners: John Hughes and Joe Kutilek of Magnum Development Corp., which developed the village’s entertainment zone and is co-developer of the Pacific Life building; Jeff Lohmeier, a longtime Omaha bartender; and Bob Callahan, formerly of the Westcon Group. Callahan and Lohmeier will work full time as general managers of Pauli’s.
According to this picture, it looks like they are going to be on the northeast section of the building:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Me thinks that is a photoshopped pic. I walked around it several times this afternoon and there is no sign of a sign.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Great addition to A/V.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:Me thinks that is a photoshopped pic. I walked around it several times this afternoon and there is no sign of a sign.
Yeah and a poor job of photoshop at that.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Pauli's will occupy Suite 101 at Pac Life, so it looks like it will be on the east side of the first floor...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I hope they have a bigger patio than DJ's!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Not sure if sign is real or photoshopped again.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

RNcyanide wrote:Not sure if sign is real or photoshopped again.
Well, I took that photo an hour ago...
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

The sign itself just looks kind of weird and it stands out in an off way.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:Not sure if sign is real or photoshopped again.
Well, I took that photo an hour ago...
Haha, that is funny...at first I was thinking the same thing. It does look like it is photoshopped. The sign almost looks out of place.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I don't know what you see here...

Photoshopped:

Not Photoshopped:

A huge difference. :yes:
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Drove by yesterday. The sign looks fake in person. It's just a bad sign.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update 10/21/2015

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

It might just be the picture, but it looks kind of small on the inside.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

skinzfan23 wrote:It might just be the picture, but it looks kind of small on the inside.
No. That is what everyone is saying. I thought they might have this NE corner bay AND the SE bay, but that appears to be not so. Plus the outdoor Beer Garden does not appear to be as large as many would have liked. We shall see when it is finally open though.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:It might just be the picture, but it looks kind of small on the inside.
I think it will be a perfect fit. Its should be more of a "Neighborhood Bar".

DJ's = Mega Sportsbar
Dudley's = Pizza place with a large bar
Spirit World = Tasting Room
Liv = Martini Bar (I think)
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks about the size of Sullivan's.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Looks about the size of Sullivan's.
Yeah, it felt about the same when I was in there.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Apparently you can order Dudley's Pizza and they will deliver it at your table here.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Apparently you can order Dudley's Pizza and they will deliver it at your table here.
We walked by there on our way to Dudley's tonight. Looked busy in there.
AksarbenGuy
New to the Neighborhood

Post by AksarbenGuy »

This place has been great.

I remember stopping in the first month or so it was open and it seemed kind of bland. Pretty bare walls, not much of a feeling of place. It's defiantly grown up. Place is very clean and well kept. Bartenders are great and on top of everything. My only complaint is the pop corn seems to be on sometimes and not others. I wish it had food. Being able to order Dudley's is nice, but their food is inconsistent at best. Much preferred the BBQ joint that was there's before, but that's for another post.