Imperial Palace Express (Westroads) Closed

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Imperial Palace Express (Westroads) Closed

Post by garyomaha »

I've been a long-time fan of Imperial Palace Express, going back to their (at one time busy) Crossroads location. Now I see they've closed the Westroads location. I'm guessing it's because they're not moving into the new food court, which was subtly suggested by Panda Express being included on a mural on a Westroads wall. You ask me and I say "BAH!" to Panda Express. But, business is business, I guess.

So my question is: can anyone suggest a good Asian fast-food spot that can replace my departed Imperial Palace Express in this part of the city? Yes, I'm aware of several quality full-service Asian restaurants in the area -- but in this case what I'm looking for is something quick and easy, as I.P.E. was. Please don't suggest Panda Express. :x
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Imperial Palace Express (Westroads) Closed

Post by RNcyanide »

Golden Palace Express on the NE corner of 84th and Dodge is the only place I can think of that I have experience with. My unit group orders from them sometimes and I haven't been disappointed.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

The seschuan place on 114th is disappointing, but Kim Son on 114th has good fast Vietnamese food.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

garyomaha wrote:I've been a long-time fan of Imperial Palace Express, going back to their (at one time busy) Crossroads location. Now I see they've closed the Westroads location. I'm guessing it's because they're not moving into the new food court, which was subtly suggested by Panda Express being included on a mural on a Westroads wall. You ask me and I say "BAH!" to Panda Express. But, business is business, I guess.

So my question is: can anyone suggest a good Asian fast-food spot that can replace my departed Imperial Palace Express in this part of the city? Yes, I'm aware of several quality full-service Asian restaurants in the area -- but in this case what I'm looking for is something quick and easy, as I.P.E. was. Please don't suggest Panda Express. :x
It's not nearby but Three Happiness on 50th & Leavenworth is my fave. The peanut butter chicken is amazing!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

daveoma wrote:
garyomaha wrote:I've been a long-time fan of Imperial Palace Express, going back to their (at one time busy) Crossroads location. Now I see they've closed the Westroads location. I'm guessing it's because they're not moving into the new food court, which was subtly suggested by Panda Express being included on a mural on a Westroads wall. You ask me and I say "BAH!" to Panda Express. But, business is business, I guess.

It's not nearby but Three Happiness on 50th & Leavenworth is my fave. The peanut butter chicken is amazing!
Rice Bowl nearby is another good, fast place.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

daveoma wrote:

I lived on Three Happiness when I lived on Park Ave.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Louie wrote:
daveoma wrote:

I lived on Three Happiness when I lived on Park Ave.
:clap:
Original
Home Owners Association

Post by Original »

Not quite as fast as something like Imperial Palace, but Asian Wok off 90th and Maple is pretty fast and while it's never amazing, it's always consistent and pretty good. Golden Palace Express is similar, not instant but fast, never amazing but good.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

J C Mandarin
Jade Garden
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Don't shoot me for it but some of the HyVee stuff is pretty good
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried many of them. I used to live one block away from Three Happiness and went there ALL the time. Now it's a little out of the way, but thanks for reminding me about it!