2410 harney

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

justnick
Human Relations

2410 harney

Post by justnick »

Any clue what's going into this building that's generally empty except for the excessive amounts of amazing houseplants behind the curtains?
CYKvWK1U0AEQg83.jpg
CYKvWK1U0AEQg83.jpg (73.52 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Also what did it used to be? walk by it every day on my way to work and wonder how those plants got there and whyyyy
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: 2410 harney

Post by RNcyanide »

Google told me that it's the Smith Law Center... And holy mackerel, where have you been?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Found a reference that says also a patent attorney office. Permit out for fencing. Don't know anything about this building except for the overgrown plants on the 25th street side. I don't know if a bar / liquor store is what the neighborhood really needs but as I don't live there will let the neighbors make the call.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

RNcyanide wrote:Google told me that it's the Smith Law Center... And holy mackerel, where have you been?
i've been around. creeeeepin' away.

i can't imagine it's currently a law center. poor place looks like a hoarder's heaven when the shades are cracked open. there was a garage sale inside this summer i hate myself for not going in.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Thanks Brad you should become a PI. The application is very light on the use of the term "restaurant" sounds like it wants to be a package liquor store like the two on Leavenworth. Both of them do a great business between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. ""Just what the area needs"". Since the owner lives in Springfield what the heck does he care about the neighborhood. But the property owner should have the right to do what the neighbors will accept.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

U R my Helix wrote:Thanks Brad you should become a PI.
My wife is the PI, not me...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Another Site Plan was just submitted for this place, either called the 2410 or Thunder Bay, owned by the Springfield people who run the Heron Bay there.