Re: Jimmy Buffett to play Omaha again - 9/1

Post by MadMartin8 »

Holy moly, he's still at it.
No posts exist for this topic
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I'm not a "Parrothead" but if this stays true to form from a few years back, this concert will sell out in less than 30 minutes...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I'm not a "Parrothead" but if this stays true to form from a few years back, this concert will sell out in less than 30 minutes...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Yep and the Parrotheads will be tailgating in parking lot all day long. Last time he was in town it rained that day so they didnt get to tailgate as much. There are also a couple big groups from Kansas City Missouri that bought up a lot of tickets.

Jimmy is in that age group with a lot of those old rockers - He is 69.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Went to the concert last night and had a couple of observations. Now I haven't been to an event their in quite awhile but they had everyone line up in the grand hallway in front of the convention center to enter. The line stretched to al,oat the north doors. I noticed some people heading up the escalator so I don't know if they could get in up there.

I was on floor for concert and it use to be that the crowd could exit out the SW floor exit but last night every one had to go up to go down.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

It's been a few years since I'd been to a CenturyLink concert, and I was appalled at the difficulty in getting in the door. We arrived from the south, but the south entrance line stretched well past the I-480 bridge. Went to the main entrance and the line stretched the entire length of the convention center. Since we had upper deck tickets, we went upstairs, and the line was a little more manageable, but still was ridiculously long.

About 7:30, it appears that someone gave the orders to speed things up, because the lines started moving. They were wanding everyone, but it seems they were ignoring it if your pockets set things off. I had heard that CLink management had sent out calls for reinforcements all day long...which is hard to explain, considering this show has been sold out since February. They knew how many people were going to be there.

The show itself? It was great. Sounds like Jimmy is going to slow down his touring, as he's hitting 70 this year. My guess is that we'll never seem him in Omaha again, as we're not a regular stop, and he'll probably be focusing on larger venues anyway.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I believe there were multiple notices put out that the access to,the show,word be different than other shows. Didn't read the details because I was not going. I do know,that it avised alive if early because it would be more difficult to get in. I also see believe what I scanned indicate it was a requirement of the show
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!