Omaha's radio-nOwhere

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Omaha's radio-nOwhere

Post by Brad »

Omaha's radio-nOwhere

If you haven't heard, Omaha's "Scuba" Steve Gates @HitThatDive1 and Joel Schafer @joelschafer have started their own online Radio Show called "Omaha's Radio-nOwhere" @radionOwhereOMA

Its a 30 min local talk show broadcasting from wherever, Library, Coffee Shop and Bars. They discuss local issues here in Omaha. The show broadcasts live at Noon and is available online any time after that.

Its a new show from guy that are not "Radio guys" so there are a few technical issues, but each show has gotten better and better. Its kind of a refreshing change of pace. No commercials either.

Its probably not for everyone, but I have really enjoyed it so far. Like I said early its a nice chage of pace.

Here are the shows:
https://www.spreaker.com/user/8633987
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Re: Omaha's radio-nOwhere

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I clicked the link and listened to today's show. I don't know about those two guys. They seem kind of like they are out in left field and out of touch. Their show today was about the lawsuit against Omaha brought on by the brother of the guy who was with the Cops TV show who got shot to death by one of Omaha's finest. To hear these two Todd N Tyler wannabes this is the most ungrateful and outrageous lawsuit ever. These two guys make it sound like this lawsuit has no validity or chance of winning at all. What a couple of clueless fools. Not only is this lawsuit a slam dunk but Omaha would be crazy not to settle out of court. If this case goes to court the Omaha Police will get made to look like reckless fools . No chance of winning. Omaha don't deserve to win. We got this one coming. We are guilty. We would of hoped and assumed that before the powers to be let the TV Show cops go out and film our police the policemen who were leading them around were told be sure not to make Omaha look bad. I'm sure it never occurred to the powers to be that they needed to say "whatever you do dont shoot any of the Cops TV people." Those cops went crazy and lost their heads and needlessly wildly fired inside of that Wendys. They should not of been shooting inside that building. The fact that the cops were not fired just makes Omaha look that much more worse in court. It makes it look like nobody is accepting accountability which in of itself makes it a perfectly legit reason for that guys brother to sue Omaha. Someone has to attempt to hold these people accountable, that is how our system is supposed to work.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:I clicked the link and listened to today's show. I don't know about those two guys. They seem kind of like they are out in left field and out of touch. Their show today was about the lawsuit against Omaha brought on by the brother of the guy who was with the Cops TV show who got shot to death by one of Omaha's finest. To hear these two Todd N Tyler wannabes this is the most ungrateful and outrageous lawsuit ever. These two guys make it sound like this lawsuit has no validity or chance of winning at all. What a couple of clueless fools. Not only is this lawsuit a slam dunk but Omaha would be crazy not to settle out of court. If this case goes to court the Omaha Police will get made to look like reckless fools . No chance of winning. Omaha don't deserve to win. We got this one coming. We are guilty. We would of hoped and assumed that before the powers to be let the TV Show cops go out and film our police the policemen who were leading them around were told be sure not to make Omaha look bad. I'm sure it never occurred to the powers to be that they needed to say "whatever you do dont shoot any of the Cops TV people." Those cops went crazy and lost their heads and needlessly wildly fired inside of that Wendys. They should not of been shooting inside that building. The fact that the cops were not fired just makes Omaha look that much more worse in court. It makes it look like nobody is accepting accountability which in of itself makes it a perfectly legit reason for that guys brother to sue Omaha. Someone has to attempt to hold these people accountable, that is how our system is supposed to work.

1. The sound technician signed either a ride along waiver or something similar stating not to sue the city for injuries sustained during a ride along: http://opd.ci.omaha.ne.us/images/OPD_Fo ... elease.pdf

2. It was not this guy's first day on the job. He also wasn't a run of the mill ride along. The sound technical was a seasoned professional who had been with the show for seven years. Certainly by then, he would have known the risks of dangerous police calls. He and the camera man had the opportunity not to follow police into the restaurant. By going into the building, he assumed the risk.

3. When a suspect points a realistic looking gun at police officers and discharges it, what are they supposed to do? Call the ACLU and ask for advice before defending themselves?

The lawsuit is frivolous and I hope that it's quickly thrown out.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:

1. The sound technician signed either a ride along waiver or something similar stating not to sue the city for injuries sustained during a ride along: http://opd.ci.omaha.ne.us/images/OPD_Fo ... elease.pdf

2. It was not this guy's first day on the job. He also wasn't a run of the mill ride along. The sound technical was a seasoned professional who had been with the show for seven years. Certainly by then, he would have known the risks of dangerous police calls. He and the camera man had the opportunity not to follow police into the restaurant. By going into the building, he assumed the risk.

3. When a suspect points a realistic looking gun at police officers and discharges it, what are they supposed to do? Call the ACLU and ask for advice before defending themselves?

The lawsuit is frivolous and I hope that it's quickly thrown out.

Well I don't want to be the one to destroy your hope so since you like to research so much go google up Dave Domina's career resume and then come back and tell us all how much hope Omaha has of winning this case. :( Dave Domina would not of taken this case unless he knew he could win it. :yes: You do know that dont you? :?: Dave don't make a nickel unless he wins as in 99.9% of these types of cases. Dave wont even have to take this case to court as Omaha will be glad to keep the details out of the public view and just settle out of court.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Those so called waivers are not worth the paper they are printed on. And by the way, the technician isn't doing the suing. Because he was shot to death.
The city will certainly settle out of court. The only uncertainty will be whether the settlement will be made public.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Mean Streets Omaha was on today.