image.jpeg
image.jpeg (146.09 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (42.08 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: Maha Music Festival 2016

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

After volunteering and working the event in 2012 and 2013, I've missed the last couple of years. My plan is to hit Maha once again in 2016.. Don't think I'll volunteer (although I got a couple of pretty cool tshirts/a free Maha logo tattoo out of the deal and a free event pass each year).. But I plan on buying tickets and attending once again. The lineup seems to get better every year.. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

$55 this year, up from $50 last year.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The lineup will be announced this evening at the Reverb Lounge...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Passion Pit
Grimes
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Passion Pit
Grimes
Vince Staples
The Joy Formidable

Matthew Sweet
Jay Farrar
Diarrhea Planet
Car Seat Headrest
Diet Cig
See through Dresses
Josh Hoyer & Soul Colossal
CJ Mills
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Should be another great day. Most high energy Maha ever most likely.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:
Grimes
Vince Staples
The Joy Formidable

Matthew Sweet
Jay Farrar
Diarrhea Planet
Car Seat Headrest
Diet Cig
See through Dresses
CJ Mills

Jesus christ, I am old now, I don't recognize any of that. :( Diarrhea Planet?
No posts exist for this topic
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:
Grimes
Vince Staples
The Joy Formidable

Matthew Sweet
Jay Farrar
Diarrhea Planet
Car Seat Headrest
Diet Cig
See through Dresses
CJ Mills

Jesus christ, I am old now, I don't recognize any of that. :( Diarrhea Planet?
I'm in the same boat as MadMartin here.. I last attended Maha when I worked the event as a volunteer in 2012 and the band Garbage was one of the main headliners (this is a band I enjoyed from the 90's and my girlfriend at the time and I specifically wanted to see this band and the entire evening lineup). I worked again as a volunteer at Maha in 2013.. But basically worked my shift and left the event..so I don't count that year as attending for the musical band lineup.. I'm a fan of pretty much all 70's Rock..and 90's rock- namely bands like Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, STP, Nirvana, Alice 'n Chains, The Melvins, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins etc. Given this, someone in the know, tell me if its worth my $55.00 to purchase a ticket for Maha this year.. I'm really on the fence if I should go...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

For around $58 you can have the World Herald delivered everyday to your front door for 6 months or for $55 dollars you can go stand out in a crowd on a hot day and sweat while watching a bunch of bands most of us never heard of. What I'm saying is if you are currently heisting the paper off the net and thinking of going to that concert then don't. Skip the concert and the Zikka virus and get the paper legit. :evil:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:For around $58 you can have the World Herald delivered everyday to your front door for 6 months or for $55 dollars you can go stand out in a crowd on a hot day and sweat while watching a bunch of bands most of us never heard of. What I'm saying is if you are currently heisting the paper off the net and thinking of going to that concert then don't. Skip the concert and the Zikka virus and get the paper legit. :evil:
Are you accusing me of heisting the W-H GRANDPA? I don't get where this is coming from, lol.. And it's none of your business, frankly, what I do.. But for the record, friend, I pay for my online W-H subscription and have for over 5 years.. So drop the holier than thou act, and stop trolling...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:For around $58 you can have the World Herald delivered everyday to your front door for 6 months or for $55 dollars you can go stand out in a crowd on a hot day and sweat while watching a bunch of bands most of us never heard of. What I'm saying is if you are currently heisting the paper off the net and thinking of going to that concert then don't. Skip the concert and the Zikka virus and get the paper legit. :evil:
Are you accusing me of heisting the W-H GRANDPA? I don't get where this is coming from, lol.. And it's none of your business, frankly, what I do.. But for the record, friend, I pay for my online W-H subscription and have for over 5 years.. So drop the holier than thou act, and stop trolling...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

I did not mention your name or quote your post or have you in mind. But you are kind of acting guilty :lol:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

I did not mention your name or quote your post or have you in mind. But you are kind of acting guilty :lol:
I'll call BS on that. But whatever shenanigans float your boat..

Back to topic- anyone have any imput on the Maha band lineup for 2016 and if it's worth popping the $55.00 for an all day ticket?...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Pat
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Pat »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:So drop the holier than thou act, and stop trolling...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Will someone just ban Grandpa already?
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Back to topic- anyone have any imput on the Maha band lineup for 2016 and if it's worth popping the $55.00 for an all day ticket?...
I will be attending the festival and am excited by what looks to be their best line-up yet. I am by no means a music blogger, but I will do my best to summarize the artists that I am excited for.

Passion Pit is by far the biggest name (hence why they are headlining), and their music is a poppy mixture of electronic music and indie rock. I've seen them a couple of times, and I would say that they are good live, but won't blow you away. This is their most popular song and this is my personal favorite.

Grimes is awesome, loved for her personality as much as her music. She's also great live. I'm not even going to try and describe her music, rather I'll just leave a few links.

Vince Staples is a up and coming rapper from Long Beach who raps about political and gritty topics, but is also funny, energetic and known for putting on good shows. He is the artist I am personally most excited for. More songs.

As for the undercard

Diet Cig are currently darlings in the indie community and seeing them could be used to impress your hipster friends when they are popular next year.

Diarrhea Planet are much more appealing than they sound.

Car Seat Headrest and The Joy Formidable don't really stand out much to me as compared to other indie rock.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Taco wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Back to topic- anyone have any imput on the Maha band lineup for 2016 and if it's worth popping the $55.00 for an all day ticket?...
I will be attending the festival and am excited by what looks to be their best line-up yet. I am by no means a music blogger, but I will do my best to summarize the artists that I am excited for.

Passion Pit is by far the biggest name (hence why they are headlining), and their music is a poppy mixture of electronic music and indie rock. I've seen them a couple of times, and I would say that they are good live, but won't blow you away. This is their most popular song and this is my personal favorite.

Grimes is awesome, loved for her personality as much as her music. She's also great live. I'm not even going to try and describe her music, rather I'll just leave a few links.

Vince Staples is a up and coming rapper from Long Beach who raps about political and gritty topics, but is also funny, energetic and known for putting on good shows. He is the artist I am personally most excited for. More songs.

As for the undercard

Diet Cig are currently darlings in the indie community and seeing them could be used to impress your hipster friends when they are popular next year.

Diarrhea Planet are much more appealing than they sound.

Car Seat Headrest and The Joy Formidable don't really stand out much to me as compared to other indie rock.
Excellent Taco! Thanks for the links and the descriptive detail.. I'll be giving those links a listen..

Much appreciated :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks Taco!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Always enjoy this picture.

cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

Didn't see any reviews so just wanted to say that MAHA did it again and delivered. I had my doubts this year with Passion Pit but they were much better live than I thought they would be and were a lot of fun to see live.

I gotta say though the Joy Formidable stole the show for me, those guys killed it and now I would love to see those guys in a waiting room/slowdown type venue for their own show soon.

http://www.omaha.com/go/music/topped-wi ... 52f27.html
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The Joy Formidable was really good. My friends were glad I convinced them to get there early enough to see them.

All in all is was another fantastic day. Passion Pit impressed as a headliner. I was a little worried about them after the crazy Grimes set, but they put on a great show and the energy in the crowd was AMAZING. The lead singer seemed genuinely impressed.

Really happy I got to see Vince Staples that close too. He was at Lolla, but there was no way I was getting close. 3rd row on Saturday.

All in all the lineups have been very strong for 4 years now. Feels like Maha has really found its stride.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Maybe I should know but what IS this picture?

iamjacobm wrote:Always enjoy this picture.

For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

nebugeater wrote:Maybe I should know but what IS this picture?

Ticket sales map. A location of where everyone who purchased a ticket is from. Really shows you how big this is getting.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Well now that you say that it is obvious. Will crawl back in my hole now......

cp jay 07 wrote:

Ticket sales map. A location of where everyone who purchased a ticket is from. Really shows you how big this is getting.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

cp jay 07 wrote:

This is pretty awesome! Curious what the age demographic is, is it mainly 20s and 30s folks?
No posts exist for this topic
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Omaha Cowboy has been on my case to post more instead of lurking, so here are some photos from this year's Maha Music Festival:
http://photos.adamstreur.com/maha2016

Diarrhea Planet

Passion Pit

The Joy Formidable

Josh Hoyer and the Soul Collosal

Vince Staples

See Through Dresses

Diet Cig

CJ Mills

Jay Farrar Trio

Car Seat Headrest

Matthew Sweet

Omaha Girls Rock
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

The "Almighty Tuna" is back!.. The Don is very pleased..

Oh, by the way- Fantastic pics my friend :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

almighty_tuna wrote:Omaha Cowboy has been on my case to post more instead of lurking, so here are some photos from this year's Maha Music Festival
Omaha Cowboy wrote:The "Almighty Tuna" is back!.. The Don is very pleased..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
:clap:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:
almighty_tuna wrote:Omaha Cowboy has been on my case to post more instead of lurking, so here are some photos from this year's Maha Music Festival
Omaha Cowboy wrote:The "Almighty Tuna" is back!.. The Don is very pleased..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
:clap:
:banger: :banger: :banger: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!