Page 1 of 1

Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:01 pm
by Coyote
nativeomahan wrote:I would MUCH rather have Lincoln's Honest Abe's open in Omaha. Benson would be perfect.


Since NativeOmahan (and others) gave it his thumb up, I had to try the place out today while I was in Lincoln...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:49 pm
by daveoma
The fries look delicious!

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:12 pm
by Coyote
daveoma wrote:The fries look delicious!

Excuse me, but those are Parmesan Truffle Fries... :yes:

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:16 pm
by iamjacobm
This is one thing I really wish Omaha had, a local quick service burger place. I have been to similar places in Austin, Dallas, Lawrence, KC, Denver ect that aren't huge chains. Hope someone opens this type of concept here.

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:43 pm
by Coyote
iamjacobm wrote:This is one thing I really wish Omaha had, a local quick service burger place. I have been to similar places in Austin, Dallas, Lawrence, KC, Denver ect that aren't huge chains. Hope someone opens this type of concept here.


Honest Abe's is on 70th & Vine, in an Ace Harware plaza. Kind of out of the way, unless you know Lincoln well enough. The same is true for Omaha's favorite burger joints, Dinkers, Louie M's, Stella's... If only we could get one in a destination district, Benson, Dundee, Blackstone, or MTC, AV...

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:34 am
by daveoma
Coyote wrote:
daveoma wrote:The fries look delicious!

Excuse me, but those are Parmesan Truffle Fries... :yes:

:thumb:

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am
by Coyote
Honest Abe's at the South end of an Ace Hardware strip mall, hidden behind a Phillips 66..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (100.66 KiB) Viewed 620 times


I had no idea Abe Lincoln had such passion over his burgers.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (86.61 KiB) Viewed 620 times

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:32 am
by CapitalGuy
Coyote, I feel bad to have to tell you this, but you probably drove within a block of the Downtown Honest Abe's location on 14th between O and P on your way to and from the new Hudl HQ. There are now TWO locations of Honest Abe's.

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:11 pm
by Coyote
CapitalGuy wrote:Coyote, I feel bad to have to tell you this, but you probably drove within a block of the Downtown Honest Abe's location on 14th between O and P on your way to and from the new Hudl HQ. There are now TWO locations of Honest Abe's.


Yeah, it wasn't until I checked in on Yelp that I found out that there was a second one. I was even closer at my first Lincoln stop of the day - Ploughshares Brewing...

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:09 pm
by nebugeater
Honest Abe's announced on there Facebook page earlier today that a third Lincoln location is coming.

Location identified as North 27th street.

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am
by BPHusker
nebugeater wrote:Honest Abe's announced on there Facebook page earlier today that a third Lincoln location is coming.

Location identified as North 27th street.

Wish they would open one in Omaha too!