BBQ-114th and Dodge

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

BBQ-114th and Dodge

Post by Greg S »

Saw a sign for it on 114th. It looks to be in the same strip center as Fernando's. Anybody familiar with it?

Greg
omaharocks
New to the Neighborhood

Re: BBQ-114th and Dodge

Post by omaharocks »

I haven't tried it yet, but work in the area. Here is the web address: http://www.labarbacoaomaha.com/
43county
Home Owners Association

Post by 43county »

It smells really good in there, but I haven't tried it yet. They've been open for 6 weeks or so.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Sounds fascinating. I look forward to trying it soon.
Anyone else been here yet?
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

I tried La Barbacoa today.

I thought it was pretty darn good. I did a combo platter for $11.50. A good portion of meat, the beans were tasty, the cornbread was good too. I thought the meat was very good as well. I wouldn't say it was earth shatteringly good, but I liked the flavor and the salsa-like BBQ sauce was good. Probably a little high at $11.50 for a lunch plate. Might be better off going for a wrap next time at $6.50. I'm certainly going to go again. I want to try the Omaha and Texas wraps.

Overall, the space is pretty bare bones. It's small, but even though it's small they have room for probably twice the amount of tables that are in there. They probably only have seating for 15-20 in there. Could seat closer to 30-40, I'd say. It's small but feels empty. Also, the building just says BBQ on it. So, I had a bit of a time finding it. Some might be put off that they only have bottled drinks...and the only way to get water is bottled as well.

Overall, it seems like they are taking a very conservative approach with this while they test the waters. I liked it. I hope it succeeds.