My Pie

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OHShawn93
New to the Neighborhood

My Pie

Post by OHShawn93 »

Drove by 120th and Blondo today and noticed a new pizza place going in just to the south of HuHot called My Pie. It looks like it's a place like Pie 5 and Uncle Maddio's. Pizzayourway.com.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Re: My Pie

Post by garyomaha »

We've eaten a couple times at My Pie. I found it very much like Pie Five (walk down a line while they build your pizza in front of you) which I guess is a hot concept. We were at My Pie recently and the manager said they are taking over the Pie Five near 72nd and Pacific and turning it into a My Pie. It was unclear whether that was the only Pie Five closing or if others will, too. Since I see the two chains as very much alike, if Pie Five couldn't survive, I'm not sure how My Pie will...but we'll see.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Pie Five at 72nd and Cornhusker already closed earlier this year as well.
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

garyomaha wrote:We've eaten a couple times at My Pie. I found it very much like Pie Five (walk down a line while they build your pizza in front of you) which I guess is a hot concept. We were at My Pie recently and the manager said they are taking over the Pie Five near 72nd and Pacific and turning it into a My Pie. It was unclear whether that was the only Pie Five closing or if others will, too. Since I see the two chains as very much alike, if Pie Five couldn't survive, I'm not sure how My Pie will...but we'll see.
The My Pie website has the old Pie Five location at 72nd and Pacific listed as "coming soon."
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

On the Forgotten Omaha Facebook page they gave been talking about the old Shakee's pizza places. I think pizza parlors are harder to develop in a new market these days. I am still a big La Casa man, but Shakee's had a theme those days... My Pie... Five Pie... Coming into a new market? Good luck...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Padre wrote:The My Pie website has the old Pie Five location at 72nd and Pacific listed as "coming soon."
They just applied for a Liqour License there.
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

The My Pie at 72nd and Pacific opened today.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

Fundraiser for First Responder's Organization today and tomorrow.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

I heard the My Pie location in Omaha closed (I think there were only two, but I may be wrong).
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm I heard the My Pie location in Omaha closed (I think there were only two, but I may be wrong).
There were indeed, at one time, a location near 120th & Blondo and one near 72nd & Pacific. I haven't been to either in a long while so I don't know if either still exists.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Blondo has been closed for close to a year
S.O.Boy
Human Relations

Post by S.O.Boy »

Padre wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:49 pm
garyomaha wrote:We've eaten a couple times at My Pie. I found it very much like Pie Five (walk down a line while they build your pizza in front of you) which I guess is a hot concept. We were at My Pie recently and the manager said they are taking over the Pie Five near 72nd and Pacific and turning it into a My Pie. It was unclear whether that was the only Pie Five closing or if others will, too. Since I see the two chains as very much alike, if Pie Five couldn't survive, I'm not sure how My Pie will...but we'll see.
The My Pie website has the old Pie Five location at 72nd and Pacific listed as "coming soon."
Closed
Sign saying "Business for sale"
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

S.O.Boy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:21 pm Closed
That's a shame. They always treated me right. How can any pizza place near UNO not succeed?
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

damonhynes wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:29 am
S.O.Boy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:21 pm Closed
That's a shame. They always treated me right. How can any pizza place near UNO not succeed?
Pizza was good. But very pricey for what you got. A 10 inch pizza with 2 toppings set me back $16.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

bbinks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:42 pm
Pizza was good. But very pricey for what you got. A 10 inch pizza with 2 toppings set me back $16.
That is pretty steep. I liked these places at first, but they just aren't worth that kind of expense.

Probably not as good, but Bucky's offers Take 5 Pizza which is 5 toppings in 5 min for 5 bucks. I got this once and it was pretty decent.