My Pie

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene (mp3 posts)

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

OHShawn93
New to the Neighborhood

My Pie

Postby OHShawn93 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Drove by 120th and Blondo today and noticed a new pizza place going in just to the south of HuHot called My Pie. It looks like it's a place like Pie 5 and Uncle Maddio's. Pizzayourway.com.

garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Re: My Pie

Postby garyomaha » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:11 pm

We've eaten a couple times at My Pie. I found it very much like Pie Five (walk down a line while they build your pizza in front of you) which I guess is a hot concept. We were at My Pie recently and the manager said they are taking over the Pie Five near 72nd and Pacific and turning it into a My Pie. It was unclear whether that was the only Pie Five closing or if others will, too. Since I see the two chains as very much alike, if Pie Five couldn't survive, I'm not sure how My Pie will...but we'll see.

skinzfan23
County Board

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Pie Five at 72nd and Cornhusker already closed earlier this year as well.

Padre
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Padre » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:49 pm

garyomaha wrote:We've eaten a couple times at My Pie. I found it very much like Pie Five (walk down a line while they build your pizza in front of you) which I guess is a hot concept. We were at My Pie recently and the manager said they are taking over the Pie Five near 72nd and Pacific and turning it into a My Pie. It was unclear whether that was the only Pie Five closing or if others will, too. Since I see the two chains as very much alike, if Pie Five couldn't survive, I'm not sure how My Pie will...but we'll see.

The My Pie website has the old Pie Five location at 72nd and Pacific listed as "coming soon."

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:12 pm

On the Forgotten Omaha Facebook page they gave been talking about the old Shakee's pizza places. I think pizza parlors are harder to develop in a new market these days. I am still a big La Casa man, but Shakee's had a theme those days... My Pie... Five Pie... Coming into a new market? Good luck...

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Padre wrote:The My Pie website has the old Pie Five location at 72nd and Pacific listed as "coming soon."

They just applied for a Liqour License there.

Return to “Dining/Culture/Entertainment”