Growler USA (162nd & W Maple)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Growler USA (162nd & W Maple)

Post by Coyote »

Growler USA: America's Microbrew Pub at 16250 Evans Plaza (162nd & W Maple) will offer up to 100 taps of American hand-crafted beverages including microbrews, hard cider, draft wine & kombucha, complemented by delicious food.

Each Growler USA has a unique personality. Know why? Because your community is unique. Because you have your own style, your own things that you care about, your own character. Let’s celebrate that. Or just come in and hang out. We’ll end up raising a glass to something.

Growler USA offers a wide selection of beer types and individual styles of the finest local and regional hand-crafted microbrews. Our craft beer menu changes daily, offering the beer enthusiast endless opportunities to enjoy the varieties brewed by America’s finest microbreweries. Not certain which beer style is for you? Have a sample. Get a beer flight. Taste away.

All Growler USA beertenders are Cicerone Certified Beer Servers, able and eager to personalize the craft beer experience for people new to the experience and make recommendations for even the most sophisticated aficionado.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (123.83 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: Growler USA (162nd & W Maple)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Looks like a place you Brad and I will be visiting soon :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Hmmm...yum.... beer. :banger:
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Cool. This is a few feet to the southeast of my house. Plus Old Vine Wine and Spirits is just a few feet west of me. Looks like destruction of my liver is just a few steps away either direction. Things are looking up in the neighborhood.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

guy4omaha wrote:Cool. Things are looking up in the neighborhood.
You can meet us there then!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (150.55 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Yes. From the attire in the picture, it looks like I will fit in. :D
Coyote wrote:
guy4omaha wrote:Cool. Things are looking up in the neighborhood.
You can meet us there then!
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
MadJack
Home Owners Association

Post by MadJack »

First location was in Eugene, Ore. The next two locations were in Austin, Tex. and Charlotte, N.C. By this time next year, there will be more than 30 locations. Omaha is expected to open in October, so we will have one of the first locations. I see this chain getting big. Atmosphere is great, beer selection is impressive and the food is surprisingly good. The local franchisees are top-notch people who will run a successful operation.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Welcome to eOmahaForums Mad Jack, sounds like you know a little about this establish.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MadJack wrote:First location was in Eugene, Ore. The next two locations were in Austin, Tex. and Charlotte, N.C. By this time next year, there will be more than 30 locations. Omaha is expected to open in October, so we will have one of the first locations. I see this chain getting big. Atmosphere is great, beer selection is impressive and the food is surprisingly good. The local franchisees are top-notch people who will run a successful operation.
Excellent. Thanks for the Intel MadJack..

And welcome to the forum :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Xycep
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Xycep »

Very much looking forward to this. The owners are great people and it will be a terrific place for me to meet up with friends.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

OWH article today (10/6/16) said owners now anticipating January 2017 opening if construction proceeds on schedule.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Still expecting a January 2017 opening.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (59.14 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (82.43 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Wow, how did they ever expect to open in October? January is in less than 60 days with 2 major holidays in there. They've got ALOT of work to do. I hope they open soon.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

They are doing a kitchen remodel now?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Their facebook page has events listed for Omaha Beer Week around Feb 17th. So I assume they plan to be open by then.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Their facebook page has events listed for Omaha Beer Week around Feb 17th. So I assume they plan to be open by then.
They have not opened yet. I assume they should be open in March.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Maybe someone else already posted this elsewhere but Growler USA has been open now for about two weeks. 100 more or less on tap as well as 8 wines on tap. Was pretty packed last Thursday night.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

guy4omaha wrote:Maybe someone else already posted this elsewhere but Growler USA has been open now for about two weeks. 100 more or less on tap as well as 8 wines on tap. Was pretty packed last Thursday night.
Thanks for the intel. I'm going to try and hit this place up Saturday afternoon for a couple of pours. Sounds like a great place for a wide variety of craft beer :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
guy4omaha wrote:Maybe someone else already posted this elsewhere but Growler USA has been open now for about two weeks. 100 more or less on tap as well as 8 wines on tap. Was pretty packed last Thursday night.
Thanks for the intel. I'm going to try and hit this place up Saturday afternoon for a couple of pours. Sounds like a great place for a wide variety of craft beer :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
What time? I can meet you there. Just a few blocks from my home. My wife has me doing yardwork and I will "deserve" a break by the afternoon.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Out of Growler USA, Omaha Tap house, and Local Beer Patio Kitchen (a.k.a. the three new craft beer bars in West Omaha), I rank them as :
1) Omaha Tap House - good beer selection and really good food
2) Growler USA - amazing beer selection but the food is not as good as Omaha Tap House (still good food)
3) Local Beer Patio Kitchen

If you're just going in to sample a few beers at Growler USA, I recommend sitting at the bar. When I was there a couple weeks ago, the wait staff weren't very knowledgeable on the beers, but we had good service overall.

Growlers are 32oz, per Nebraska law.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

guy4omaha wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
What time? I can meet you there. Just a few blocks from my home. My wife has me doing yardwork and I will "deserve" a break by the afternoon.
I'm hoping around 3-3:30 in the afternoon. Assuming nothing comes up. I'll PM you here by Friday evening when I have that time nailed down.. I look forward to it :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
guy4omaha wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I'm hoping around 3-3:30 in the afternoon. Assuming nothing comes up. I'll PM you here by Friday evening when I have that time nailed down.. I look forward to it :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Great! I will PM you Saturday morning to confirm I got your PM with time expectation. I also agree that sitting at the bar is better as the waitstaff at the tables are still learning the beers.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

^^^ Brad and Coyote, do you think Saturday afternoon-ish will work for you too as we mentioned getting together sometime on this way back when?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

guy4omaha wrote:^^^ Brad and Coyote, do you think Saturday afternoon-ish will work for you too as we mentioned getting together sometime on this way back when?
I work this weekend so I couldn't do it until after 8...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:
guy4omaha wrote:^^^ Brad and Coyote, do you think Saturday afternoon-ish will work for you too as we mentioned getting together sometime on this way back when?
I work this weekend so I couldn't do it until after 8...

I have to work until 6 Saturday but not friday
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

We'll see what time Cowboy comes back with. There will have to be other times though when we can get more of the Forum All-Stars involved.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

guy4omaha wrote:We'll see what time Cowboy comes back with. There will have to be other times though when we can get more of the Forum All-Stars involved.
By the way, I absolutely did not mean to imply that I am among the Forum All-Stars. :;):
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

guy4omaha wrote:We'll see what time Cowboy comes back with. There will have to be other times though when we can get more of the Forum All-Stars involved.
Well, as fate would have it, I'm out for this Saturday afternoon.. But I will be completely free for Saturday April 29th, maybe we can have a mini forum meet up then at Growler USA?!...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Well, as fate would have it, I'm out for this Saturday afternoon.. But I will be completely free for Saturday April 29th, maybe we can have a mini forum meet up then at Growler USA?!...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I'd be for a mini forum meetup. I think the 29th would work for me.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I believe I will be free.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Here is what 100 taps and 7 UnTappd screens looks like.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
You can get almost any beer in a 4 oz. 'smally' for about $2 each.
You can try an awful lot of beers this way!
These are three beers from the 'new to our market' Saugatuk Brewing.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (152.31 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
Decent food. This is my Turkey Melt with Tater Tots and a Waldo on tap.
Don't know what that spicy sauce was, but it was good.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (163.84 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

This place is the craft beer lovers dream come true..

Good eats + 100 beers on tap (which can any be ordered in 4 oz snifters)= Beergasm!..

GrowlerUSA is now a place on my regular beer visit rotation. Nice pics from our experience yesterday afternoon Mark :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Beergasm! Now that is a vocabulary expander. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I'm going to petition Merriam Webster to see if "Beergasm" can be incorporated as a word in proper English :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I'm going to petition Merriam Webster to see if "Beergasm" can be incorporated as a word in proper English :;): ...
It is in Urban Dictionary...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.79 KiB) Viewed 2277 times
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Omaha Cowboy wrote:GrowlerUSA is now a place on my regular beer visit rotation.
How was the staff? Did you sit at the bar or a table?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:GrowlerUSA is now a place on my regular beer visit rotation.
How was the staff? Did you sit at the bar or a table?
Both. If you sit at the bar, the bartender I encountered knew his craft beer..

If you sit at a table, the servers are friendly and pretty efficient..but don't really have any knowledge of the beers other than serving them at the table..

This has been my experience the 3 times I've been there. I like the place a lot. If you're a craft beer enthusiast, it's a must try...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I'm going to petition Merriam Webster to see if "Beergasm" can be incorporated as a word in proper English :;): ...
It is in Urban Dictionary...
Well, this is a promising start :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Growler turned to Mars Bar and Grill several months ago.

Mars has now closed.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

That’s unfortunate. I read in the W-H that the Growler USA franchise filed for bankruptcy in late 2019..

I used to frequent Growler USA fairly regularly when the place opened in 2017..Sometimes in 2018..But never went there last year..There are so many options that are better with a more convenient location today than even 3 years ago. Still, sad to see a place that poured 100 taps of craft beer close...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!