Jasons Deli

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Jasons Deli

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I ate at Jasons Deli on 123 & L tonight for the first time. I had been meaning to try the place for the past 3 or 4 years and finally got around to it. We set out to eat at the KFC on 132nd and Center but when we walked in the clerk ran out from the back of the kitchen shaking her head saying they were out of chicken for at least the next half an hour to an hour. We took that as a friendly warning to get lost and decided to go try Jasons Deli. I had the French Dip and the salad bar. The french dip was not to bad but they were stingy on the meat. It was advertised to have 1 half pound of roast beef on it but it was more like half of that. For a side they gave you some crinkle chips and they tasted like an off brand. Im not a chip guy but if the chip has ridges then it must be Ruffles or it kind of sucks. The salad bar was well stocked but the food was not that fresh. There were 3 pieces of watermelon and they looked like they had been sitting out for half the day and a rat had been gnawing on them! They advertise that ice cream is free but it turns out that is not that hot of a deal. The ice cream was kind of cheap and fake and the chocolate syrup was off brand and not Hersheys. Yeah pretty much I would not go back to this place and if i did I would skip the salad bar and just get a sandwich. To end on a postive note I would say this place is clearly better then Subway or Jimmy Johns but then again that don't take much.
jessep28
Planning Board

Re: Jasons Deli

Post by jessep28 »

I usually get the club royale and they aren't stingy with that sandwich.

People need to politely ask or complain if something doesn't seem right with their order. Unless you're dealing with a penny pincher small business owner who thinks that the customer is always wrong, it's not a big deal to remake something.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

I usually build my own sandwich, and the damn thing is nearly 3+ inches of solid ham, turkey, etc. and cheese. Never had a problem on the sandwiches being skimpy; never tried the Salad bar, though, so can't speak to that.
No posts exist for this topic
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I've eaten at both Jason's in town (probably a dozen or more times) and never had anything less than a good experience. The salad bars are always well stocked and fresh. And my sandwiches are often too much to eat in one sitting. The soups are good as well. Service is fast and the prices are fair.