New restaurant "Soco Cafe" formally Club Mex

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

omaharichard
New to the Neighborhood

New restaurant "Soco Cafe" formally Club Mex

Post by omaharichard »

I live right near the old location of Club Mex on North 93rd just North of Maple and ran into a guy behind the building doing some grilling. Talked to him and he showed me the inside of the place. They say it's going to be Cajun/BBQ type food. The owner is from Arkansas so it should be pretty good. They said they are aiming to open the 15th, but that may be pushed back depending on how soon they finish the interior. I definitely look forward to it since it's hard to find a good Jambalaya and Gumbo around here. Plus, it's with-in walking distance from my house.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: New restaurant "Soco Cafe" formally Club Mex

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

omaharichard wrote:I live right near the old location of Club Mex on North 93rd just North of Maple and ran into a guy behind the building doing some grilling. Talked to him and he showed me the inside of the place. They say it's going to be Cajun/BBQ type food. The owner is from Arkansas so it should be pretty good. They said they are aiming to open the 15th, but that may be pushed back depending on how soon they finish the interior. I definitely look forward to it since it's hard to find a good Jambalaya and Gumbo around here. Plus, it's with-in walking distance from my house.
Sounds good. Thanks for the Intel :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Mmmmm, Gumbo!
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Wow, Club Mex had been there forever. When did they close?
omaharichard
New to the Neighborhood

Post by omaharichard »

NEDodger wrote:Wow, Club Mex had been there forever. When did they close?
It was this Summer; June I believe. The guy who was running the place got a job down in Kansas City doing play calling for the Royals Spanish radio.