Fire Stick

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Fire Stick

Post by Coyote »

Any one familiar with the Amazon Fire Stick or the App Kodi. Somehow I am way behind on this.
Brad
City Council

Re: Fire Stick

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Any one familiar with the Amazon Fire Stick or the App Kodi. Somehow I am way behind on this.
Nebugeater mentioned it over here.
http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.p ... mazon+Fire
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

If you want portability the Fire Stick is great. If it is in one place the Fire TV box is better and faster. I have a stick too but it rarely gets used. Have when traveling a few times.

There has been plenty added to the Fire TV box by Amazon. What I use it for mostly is Amazon prime streaming and Netflix on TV's that are not built in.

At the time I bought I did as much comparison as I could and when with Amazon's solution and have had no regrets.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:If you want portability the Fire Stick is great. If it is in one place the Fire TV box is better and faster. I have a stick too but it rarely gets used. Have when traveling a few times..
So then, it is really for portability? on your iPad?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:If you want portability the Fire Stick is great. If it is in one place the Fire TV box is better and faster. I have a stick too but it rarely gets used. Have when traveling a few times..
So then, it is really for portability? on your iPad?
Sorry, No

I mean portability as it taking it from one TV to another. Maybe in the house or to a TV in a hotel room if there is enough band width.

For the Ipad I have the Amazon streaming and the Netflix streaming apps and use them at some level.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:If you want portability the Fire Stick is great. If it is in one place the Fire TV box is better and faster. I have a stick too but it rarely gets used. Have when traveling a few times.
Do you have any smart TV's with the built in WIFI? We have one and its seems to get all the streaming stuff (Sling, Netflix, Hulu) better than any of the sticks do. I was just wondering how you Fire TV Box compared to a Smart TV with the apps on it?

By the way, still a big fan of the Sling TV.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:If you want portability the Fire Stick is great. If it is in one place the Fire TV box is better and faster. I have a stick too but it rarely gets used. Have when traveling a few times.
Do you have any smart TV's with the built in WIFI? We have one and its seems to get all the streaming stuff (Sling, Netflix, Hulu) better than any of the sticks do. I was just wondering how you Fire TV Box compared to a Smart TV with the apps on it?

By the way, still a big fan of the Sling TV.
I have a Samsung 60" and a Viso 48" that are both 4K and smart TV. For sure this is better than any box but for a TV that is not built in I still feel that the Fire Box is pretty close. I have one on my Daughters TV that she has at college and one on a 32" wall mounted in my office and they work almost as well as the built in. I sure wouldn't replace a TV over the difference.

Glad to hear that the sling TV is working out. Can you stream more than one thing at a time to different TV"s I don't believe you could at first but I think that was going to, or did change. Just haven't followed that close enough.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:Glad to hear that the sling TV is working out. Can you stream more than one thing at a time to different TV"s I don't believe you could at first but I think that was going to, or did change. Just haven't followed that close enough.
Yes, we can do 3 TVs at once now. And we switched to the "Blue Package" where we lost ESPN, but gained Fox Sports and NBS Sports, so now I can watch every NASCAR race.
https://www.sling.com