Uncle Maddios - CLOSING

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Uncle Maddios - CLOSING

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I tried this place for the first time ever last weekend. Its like Subway except you stand there and have them make your pizza. Bought the medium pizza for 11.99 and you get three toppings plus cheese. First of all the crust is fresh but its thin and its not working for me. Then the cheese you get is like a small hand full sprinkled on top. So I say ok make that extra cheese and I get another stingy small hand full of cheese. And thats the way it went. Super thin crust with super stingy amount of topping. 5 minutes in the oven and they bring it out to our table. 14.80 for a medium pizza that looks like a Jacks Frozen Pizza and only tasted a tad better. This place is going to be a one and done for me.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: Uncle Maddios 132nd Center

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I stopped going to this place about a year ago when, 2 times in a row, we got soggy, wet pizza.. Awful..

With so many other better options for pizza in Omaha, Uncle Maddios is a pass every time...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

isn't this the place that is about to / or just has opened near 180th & Center too.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote:isn't this the place that is about to / or just has opened near 180th & Center too.
I believe it is.. Some people might like the place.. But to me, honestly, it's not worth the effort...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I really thought their pizza was pretty humdrum.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nebugeater wrote:isn't this the place that is about to / or just has opened near 180th & Center too.
So does anyone know what went on at 180th & Center. I am sure they were open sometime around early Nov. I noticed over the last week or two that the business signs were down on the building now. Not a place that interested me so it may have been that way a while already. I took a couple of minutes to drive through the parking lot in front of this strip this weekend and the place is dark and there is no sign on the door. The building signs are gane on both sides. All the tables and chairs and other Misc are setting as though someone walked away at the end of a day expecting to be back the next day. The only indication of what was there is the name still on the speaker / mic for the drive through, Strange.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote:
So does anyone know what went on at 180th & Center. I am sure they were open sometime around early Nov. I noticed over the last week or two that the business signs were down on the building now. Not a place that interested me so it may have been that way a while already. I took a couple of minutes to drive through the parking lot in front of this strip this weekend and the place is dark and there is no sign on the door. The building signs are gane on both sides. All the tables and chairs and other Misc are setting as though someone walked away at the end of a day expecting to be back the next day. The only indication of what was there is the name still on the speaker / mic for the drive through, Strange.
My guess is people just can't stomach their soggy, wet and disgusting pizza..

With so many quality options for pizza in Omaha, you've got to be good, really good. My experience with Uncle Maddio's is, on their very best day, they are average.. and that won't cut it long term. I give the 132nd and Center location 12 more months at best. I suspect a dark empty parcel with removed signage is in their future as well...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

With so many quality options for pizza in Omaha, you've got to be good, really good. My experience with Uncle Maddio's is, on their very best day, they are average.. and that won't cut it long term. I give the 132nd and Center location 12 more months at best. I suspect a dark empty parcel with removed signage is in their future as well...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
No doubt but their run was ultra short after a fair amount of renovation to the bays they went into.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
No doubt but their run was ultra short after a fair amount of renovation to the bays they went into.
I hear you. Something ultra strange seemed to happen for sure...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Re: Uncle Maddios - CLOSING

Post by Brad »

Closing:
Uncle Maddios wrote:A huge thank you to the Omaha community for being great fans and supporters of Uncle Maddio's! It has been an honor and joy serving you and your families for the past two years, but Friday 4/7 will be our last day in business. Come on out and enjoy your favorite hot pie and a Love Cookie one last time!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Closing:
Uncle Maddios wrote:A huge thank you to the Omaha community for being great fans and supporters of Uncle Maddio's! It has been an honor and joy serving you and your families for the past two years, but Friday 4/7 will be our last day in business. Come on out and enjoy your favorite hot pie and a Love Cookie one last time!
Not surprising. Their pizza was soggy, wet and awful..

Maddio's will not be missed..at least by me anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Not surprising. Their pizza was soggy, wet and awful..

Maddio's will not be missed..at least by me anyway...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Our one and only experience with the place on 132nd was seemingly better than yours, but not much. Good luck to the owners in their future jobs.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

That adds a bit to understating why the 180th & Center location was open for what seemed like 36 hours. With that though wonder what even had them thinking about a second location that recently.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Where did they post this? Their FB page is gone. I never made it there, was hesitant based on reviews alone of quality and price.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bbinks wrote: I never made it there, was hesitant based on reviews alone of quality and price.
You didn't miss anything, believe me.. Grab a pie at Orsi's, La Casa, Big Fred's, Mama's, Roman Coin, Pitch, Dante's, Oscar's, Valentino's, Sortino's or even Zio's (etc) .. Your pizza taste buds will be much better off :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
bbinks wrote: I never made it there, was hesitant based on reviews alone of quality and price.
You didn't miss anything, believe me.. Grab a pie at Orsi's, La Casa, Big Fred's, Mama's, Roman Coin, Pitch, Dante's, Oscar's, Valentino's, Sortino's or even Zio's (etc) .. Your pizza taste buds will be much better off :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
When I splurge I go for Mangia. Frank's is good too, but I've not been there since the ownership change.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bbinks wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
When I splurge I go for Mangia.
I hear the pizza is very good at Mangia. I'll have to give it a try...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Mangia is phenomenal. Great meatball sandwiches, too.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

NEDodger wrote:Mangia is phenomenal. Great meatball sandwiches, too.
It's now on my short list of a place I need to try soon. I've been told of it before and for whatever the reason, never made it there :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I don't mean to pile on but I ate at Uncle Maddio's once, last summer. Some of the worst, most expensive pizza I have ever eaten. We didn't even save the leftovers.