Omaha Dinner Theaters

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

choke
Human Relations

Omaha Dinner Theaters

Post by choke »

nebugeater wrote:
Stargazer wrote:I wish we had a dinner theatre.

Remember the Firehouse dinner theater in the old market?  What year did it close up shop?  had to be while I was living out of state.
Omaha had few dinner theaters:

Per The Daily Nonpareil Thursday July 5, 2007, written by By Loyal Fairman:
In the early 1970s and '80s Omaha had dinner theaters all over the place. In the Old Market there was the Firehouse Dinner Theater in the location of the current Upstream Brewery. At the Westroads Shopping Center in the lowest level, there was the Westroads Dinner Theater. At 84th and Center, in the location that now holds a Shriners building, there was the Talk of the Town Dinner Theater. In downtown Omaha at the top of the Woodmen Tower was the Upstairs Dinner Theater. And the last dinner theater was in Dundee called the Dundee Dinner Theater in midtown Omaha. It closed in 2004.
firehouse2.jpg
firehouse2.jpg (72.32 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
firehouse1.jpg
firehouse1.jpg (71.79 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Re: Omaha Dinner Theaters

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

There was one called the Grande Old Players in the strip mall on North 90th where the Walmart is now. My Mom was a bad er I mean wonderful actress in their remake of California Suite. :mrgreen:
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

They're forgetting the MUST. (Midtown Upstairs Supper Theater). Also the Diner [sic] Theater in Benson. :)
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

I came across those Firehouse glasses at a thrift store. I like how the one says, "Located in the Old Market in Omaha........a city on the grow!" I remember going to the Dundee Dinner Theater a couple of times. I'm not sure if I'd go today if we still had one.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I suspect there are a good many married men that would drag a guy down to the basement for a Fight Club meeting just for even suggesting we need a Dinner Theatre around. :lol:
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:I suspect there are a good many married men that would drag a guy down to the basement for a Fight Club meeting just for even suggesting we need a Dinner Theatre around. :lol:
Well, G-SMUCKER, don't give up the dinner theater in Omaha just quite yet:

https://www.thedinnerdetective.com/omaha/schedule/

http://www.doubletreeomahadowntown.com/ ... -detective
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

My brother dated a pre show wait staff for the French Underground (the dinner theater under the French Cafe). She was a red head that did a perfect Lucille Ball imitation, who would purposely mix up orders as you can imagine Lucille would do.

The Firehouse had the Firehouse Brigade whose wait staff would sing and dance before the shows.