Omaha Nintendo tournaments: Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

BKB76
New to the Neighborhood

Omaha Nintendo tournaments: Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball

Post by BKB76 »

Join us Saturday March 4th for a day or retro sports gaming @ Addy's Sports Bar & Grill. (14110 S Street in Omaha)
Tecmo Bowl starts @ Noon, and RBI Baseball @ 6 PM. Please arrive 15 minutes early to register.
$15 gets you into either game, or get into both for only $25.

The action begins for everyone with a round of group play games. The win-loss records from group play are compiled and used to seed players in the elimination round. Before each game a coin toss occurs. The winner of coin toss verbally names the 2 teams that will be used in the match-up. The other person then chooses their team OR has the option of taking a preferred controller (Player 1 or 2).

All registered players are entered into free prize drawings which include gift certificates to Addy's, along with NFL, MLB, and NES memorabilia.
There will be additional NES sports games available for spectators to play. However if the tournament turnout is high, the tournament will take priority with NES equipment over any additional games being available to spectators. In that case, when the field narrows down to 8 players, then additional games would become available for spectators to play.

Please post any questions you have, and I'll be happy to answer.
For the latest details, follow the facebook event page >

Images below were taken at our Tecmo Bowl event from 2016 at Beercade in Benson. We determined that food was a priority for this event, and found Addy's best suited our needs going forward.

BKB76
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Omaha Nintendo tournaments: Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball

Post by BKB76 »

In preparation for this event, I'm hosting a small get together at Addy's this Friday night (Feb 17th) and it's free to enter. Tecmo Bowl tournament at 6PM, and RBI Baseball at 8PM. 1st place in each tournament wins a $15 Addy's gift card. If you are considering the March 4th event, this will serve as a good practice session for you. There will be additional games to play as well during the night, provided we don't have a substantial need to accommodate the Tecmo and RBI players that show up.

Addy's is located at 14110 S Street, which is the corner of S Street and Millard avenue. For a landmark, it's right across the 4 lane from Amazing Pizza Machine.
BKB76
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Omaha Nintendo tournaments: Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball

Post by BKB76 »

4 days away folks! Here's a video of a small get-together we held a few weeks back at Addy's, as a warm up event. [youtube][/youtube]
The Tecmo Bowl event was in progress, and an another attendee was playing Mike Tyson's punch-out.

The Saturday competition will be held in the party room, which is off to the right side of Addy's. We'll be semi-sequestered from all the noise and eating crowd, but still somewhat visible to the patrons that day.

Barring a huge turnout to play Tecmo Bowl or R.B.I. Baseball, there will be additional games available for spectators to play. We'll have a NES mini on hand for spectators, along with additional options to play other titles.