Eat Fit Go

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Eat Fit Go

Post by nebugeater »

Anyone purchase any of their meals?I have been thinking of giving these a try for a noon meal option. Looks like shelf live sicne they are fresh is 3 - 4 days. Would love some feedback.

Looking on the Net I see some mixed reviews. The Daily Nebraskan @ UNL was not to kind.
http://www.dailynebraskan.com/arts_and_ ... 830b0.html

There reviews on FB are very positive but I guess they could delete what they do not like there.

Yelp is pretty positive

https://www.yelp.com/biz/eat-fit-go-omaha

Not the cheapest option out there but it looks like it real and not a lot of highly processed foods.

Might just talk myself into trying a few.

From the looks of their web site they are growing FAST with a lot of locations listed as opening soon. Wonder if they will all be sericed from their food prep in Omaha.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Stargazer
County Board

Re: Eat Fit Go

Post by Stargazer »

My wife and I tried the one in West Village Pointe. We decided it would be better to just go to Panera (or actually Jones Brother's makes some good stuff) and have it ready to eat for the same price.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Looks like these guys are struggling. Filed for bankruptcy and closed two locations. Downtown At 14th & Farnam and in Millard's Lumberyard district. Be interesting to see if they get it turned around like they said they are going to do in the story of it is the beginning of the end.

I did try them for a few weeks but I just couldn't find the value there to continue.

https://www.omaha.com/money/plus/omaha- ... 2c821.html
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

nebugeater wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:44 am Looks like these guys are struggling. Filed for bankruptcy and closed two locations. Downtown At 14th & Farnam and in Millard's Lumberyard district. Be interesting to see if they get it turned around like they said they are going to do in the story of it is the beginning of the end.

I did try them for a few weeks but I just couldn't find the value there to continue.

https://www.omaha.com/money/plus/omaha- ... 2c821.html
They were bucking a strong head wind at that dead joke of a Millard Strip mall. There is not a business standing at that strip mall that is not loosing money.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

I've been to eat fit go a few times and I really can not see the value. The food isn't great, the prices are high, there's nothing special about their spaces. I really don't want to spend money on a mediocre experience like that.
#gohawks
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

buildomaha wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:46 pm I've been to eat fit go a few times and I really can not see the value. The food isn't great, the prices are high, there's nothing special about their spaces. I really don't want to spend money on a mediocre experience like that.
Agreed. Tried it for a lunch on late clinic day. Did not see a reason to try it twice. Really wish financiers would actually eat at the restaurant before giving it money to expand faster than it can do so without a quality drop.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

It's a neat concept, but quite pricey. As stated by others, you have other options. My mom tried it out, easier for her to go to Whole Foods for prepared meals.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Eat Fit Go in the Paxton closed and will become a Gandolfos.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Coyote wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:15 pm The Eat Fit Go in the Paxton closed on will become a Gandolfos.
It's nice to see that Gandolfo's is still trucking along. They're nothing that I would drive out of my way for, but I've never had a bad sandwich there.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:47 pm It's nice to see that Gandolfo's is still trucking along. They're nothing that I would drive out of my way for, but I've never had a bad sandwich there.
I agree, the local franchise owner is a great guy and they have very solid sandwiches. I probably eat breakfast there more than I do lunch and dinner combined. The "Upstate" is a great breakfast sandwich.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Gandolfo’s is pretty darn good. Such a huge variety of sandwiches.
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

I also like Gandolfo’s breakfast sandwiches, and sometimes I get a hankering for a Dagwood.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I just realized today that the Eat Fit Go at Aksarben Village has closed.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:19 pm I just realized today that the Eat Fit Go at Aksarben Village has closed.
Just looked at their web site and they only list eight locations.

Only one in the Omaha metro listed is 180th & Dodge None in Lincoln.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I wonder how business has been in AV with most/all the business not having workers there.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:18 pm I wonder how business has been in AV with most/all the business not having workers there.
DJs recently reopened as did Herbe Saint. Roast is still closed.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Is the concept of EFG in the past, or future? Or just not well executed?

Delivery services are very popular today. However, I recall seeing picett signs for them in the early 2000's and it didn't take off. I cant even remember the companies names.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

bbinks wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:27 am Is the concept of EFG in the past, or future? Or just not well executed?

Delivery services are very popular today. However, I recall seeing picett signs for them in the early 2000's and it didn't take off. I cant even remember the companies names.
The concept would work better as a delivery service or catering operation.
The hassle of going there, finding parking, then buying something, then getting back to your car, and then going to work makes it unappealing. Especially if the food is just OK.
SiliconFarmer
New to the Neighborhood

Post by SiliconFarmer »

Just walked past Gandalfo's and it looks ready to go! Lights were off and it was locked up, but a sign in the window said Now Open.