pizza shoppe closing?

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

justnick
Human Relations

pizza shoppe closing?

Post by justnick »

someone posted on FB they heard pizza shoppe in benson was closing in march? place is always packed it seems..
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: pizza shoppe closing?

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I have heard nothing.. It would be unfortunate if it did.. Pizza Shoppe is always my pre concert meal place before a show at Waiting Room...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Post by Guest »

Announced today on Facebook that Pizza Shoppe is closing. Will be reopening as Virtuoso Pizza owned by Dave and Brenda Losole.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Guest wrote:Announced today on Facebook that Pizza Shoppe is closing. Will be reopening as Virtuoso Pizza owned by Dave and Brenda Losole.
The loss is painful. The new owners are good at their work and should make it nicer than another chain place. Hope they keep the Irish Car Bomb pizza.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I've never been there. Is that "Pizza Shoppe" as in the chain (the title spelled in Gothic lettering)? If so, I never knew Omaha had a Pizza Shoppe location.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This sounds like a net positive. The current owner leaving to run the Benson Theater full time makes me think that could be seeing light soon and it sounds like a very legit replacement is ready to take over.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

iamjacobm wrote:This sounds like a net positive. The current owner leaving to run the Benson Theater full time makes me think that could be seeing light soon and it sounds like a very legit replacement is ready to take over.
Yeah this is definitely good news, also wasn't a real big fan of their pizza.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

From what I hear, their pizza was mediocre at best. So as others have mentioned, this should be a positive net effect.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

skinzfan23 wrote:From what I hear, their pizza was mediocre at best. So as others have mentioned, this should be a positive net effect.
Not a rumor anymore.. unfortunately..

Last day of operation will be Saturday, March 11th..

For the record, I quite liked this place.. it has always been my dinner and drink primer spot before a show at The Waiting Room. I'm sad to see it go. While the pizza may not have been "mind- blowing", it was solid imo...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

RockHarbor wrote:I've never been there. Is that "Pizza Shoppe" as in the chain (the title spelled in Gothic lettering)? If so, I never knew Omaha had a Pizza Shoppe location.
You may be thinking of "The Pizza Place", which changed names to Red's Savoy Pizza about 5 years ago.