Proof @ Midtown Crossing

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Proof @ Midtown Crossing

Post by Brad »

Midtown Crossing wrote:Omaha, Neb. – Proof, a new upscale lounge specializing in a wide whiskey selection, craft cocktails and a personal approach, is coming to Midtown Crossing.

“Our guests can expect consistent, high-quality service and cocktails while enjoying their visit in a laid back, engaging and quaint prohibition-themed bar,” says Joel Lavelle who is partnering with Kyron O’Brien on the concept. It will occupy the former Grane space at 120 S. 31st Ave.

“We love the view of Turner Park, the layout of Midtown Crossing and the different types of people that frequent the area,” Lavelle says.

Backed by a passionate, knowledgeable and friendly team, Proof promises fresh cocktail ingredients, including herbs grown on the patio; house made syrups and the “most personable experience in Omaha.”

“We plan on scaling back the whiskey dispensing concept, allowing us to engage our guests more one-on-one,” Lavelle says. “We also plan on tailoring our pricing to be more consumer friendly and offering our guests very competitive retail ordering options.”

In addition to whiskey and craft cocktails, Proof will have local craft beers on tap. Lavelle and O’Brien hope to open their new establishment by mid-May.

“We are beyond excited to have our grand opening and look forward to becoming a part of the Omaha community,” Lavelle says.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Proof @ Midtown Crossing

Post by iamjacobm »

Very happy that space is being used quickly for a similar concept. It really is beautiful inside and is a great setting for a drink.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Over/Under on the shelf life of this place? I'll take under on 8 months.
No posts exist for this topic
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

MadMartin8 wrote:Over/Under on the shelf life of this place? I'll take under on 8 months.
It will last more than 8 months. It's a bit generic in concept, will have to see how it is executed. More like over 14 months.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

MadMartin8 wrote:Over/Under on the shelf life of this place? I'll take under on 8 months.
Are you suggesting "Proof" might go poof ? :)
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

lonnie wrote:
Are you suggesting "Proof" might go poof ? :)
Zing!
No posts exist for this topic
Nick808402
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Nick808402 »

Will only go if they have Japanese whiskey. Haven't been to Grane even though I wanted to ever since it opened. Not really feeling bummed that I didn't get to go.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Restaurant Hoppen
Proof Positive:
Inside the World of High-End Whiskey Bars

Join Dan Hoppen in a spirited conversation with Joel Lavelle & Andrew Clow, the brilliant minds behind Proof. Dive deep into the R&D process, learn about the nuances of high-end whiskey bars, and explore the unique expressions of bartenders through their delightful concoctions.