7%
Wilson & Washburn
No votes

Total votes: 14

Coyote
City Council

Omaha's Best Hamburger part iii

Post by Coyote »

We have had a few new joints to join our old crowd, so here we go again.
Additions will be made upon suggestion.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Re: Omaha's Best Hamburger part iii

Post by Professor Woland »

Coyote wrote:We have had a few new joints to join our old crowd, so here we go again.
J Coco's burger should definitely be on the list.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Professor Woland wrote:
Coyote wrote:We have had a few new joints to join our old crowd, so here we go again.
J Coco's burger should definitely be on the list.
So added. I've never been there and it is so far off my radar...
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I feel like I need to sample a burger at all 30 places on the poll before I can vote. I've currently eaten a burger at 12 of the 30 options..

I have a ways to go :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Only two votes so far!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Omababe wrote:Only two votes so far!
I guess I did not vote out of protest...........It is outrageous that Runza and Broncos would be included on any list of good places to get a hamburger. Crazier still is that some banana voted for Runza. :?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Runza regularly makes the top 3 in Best of Omaha. They must give discounts to those who vote for them
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:Runza regularly makes the top 3 in Best of Omaha. They must give discounts to those who vote for them
If I had to vote between Runza and Don & Millies, I'd vote D & M every time...

Bronco's, a place I have not eaten at in at least 6 years, has better fried chicken than burgers..from what I recall.. Also- They used to have the BEST French fries in Omaha back in the day.. Not even close today...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Coyote wrote:Runza regularly makes the top 3 in Best of Omaha. They must give discounts to those who vote for them
Might I mention that many of the same companies who put out a lot of FAKE NEWS are the same companies putting out those FAKE SURVEYS. Wouldn't it be nice if those surveys really were legit and we could just pick up the survey results and instantly be lead to the best places in town. Instead we are told nonsense like ZIos is the best Pizza in town. :what:
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Bronco's, a place I have not eaten at in at least 6 years, has better fried chicken than burgers..from what I recall.. Also- They used to have the BEST French fries in Omaha back in the day.. Not even close today...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Employees of Don & Millies have told me their hamburger is all local and comes from a butcher in Lincoln. Their hamburger sure tastes real to me which is more then I can say about Runza. The hamburger Runza uses in its runzas and burgers tastes subpar and cheap to me. Runza once was like Don & Millies back in the 80's and 90/s but now they are operating on the cheap.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Runza once was like Don & Millies back in the 80's and 90/s but now they are operating on the cheap.
I'm dating myself here, but back in the day (the 70's when I was a kid) and it was called Runza Hut, their burgers were called "char burgers" and they were waaaay better than what they serve today.. And for the record, the Don & Millies "Double Don" owns any burger Runza puts out presently. The best items Runza has on their menu is their chicken strips and their French Fries (which have always been solid).. in my opinion of course...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:I guess I did not vote out of protest...........It is outrageous that Runza and Broncos would be included on any list of good places to get a hamburger. Crazier still is that some banana voted for Runza. :?
Actually, Runza burgers are not that bad, really.

I always think of Broncos as kind of a McDonalds clone.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:[If I had to vote between Runza and Don & Millies, I'd vote D & M every time...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
It's been a few years since I tried to stomach Don & Millie's, but my recollection was that Don & Millie's were the worst hamburgers I'd ever eaten. I've had microwaved frozen burgers better than D&M.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

HskrFanMike wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:[If I had to vote between Runza and Don & Millies, I'd vote D & M every time...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
It's been a few years since I tried to stomach Don & Millie's, but my recollection was that Don & Millie's were the worst hamburgers I'd ever eaten. I've had microwaved frozen burgers better than D&M.
Whoa you should try it again, go there and get the double Don, it's a good burger.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Linkin5 wrote:
HskrFanMike wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Whoa you should try it again, go there and get the double Don, it's a good burger.
Yes indeed. The Don & Milles Double Don is very good and blows away any burger made by Runza at present imo...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!