Comic Con?

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TankFishman
New to the Neighborhood

Comic Con?

Post by TankFishman »

How was the Omaha Comic Conference this year? Did anyone attend? Was the wrestling pretty real looking or did it seem out of place at a comic conference?

Thinking about attending one in the future, just wanted to know how it went.
Turtle9160
Home Owners Association

Re: Comic Con?

Post by Turtle9160 »

I attended it, made for a great weekend. I didn't see the wrestling but it sounded like it was interesting. Its growing fast, the convention had the entire arena this year, I would recommend attending one, there is a lot to do, and a lot to see with all the guests and people in costume
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I didn't attend. But I know people that go and they tell me the Omaha Con gets better every year..

I'm told the best deal, is to buy the entire weekend pass..that way you can come and go when you please throughout the weekend..

I'm going to try and make it next year...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bayliss
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bayliss »

It's happening again next weekend - June 28-30th at the MAC again. We've got Kate Flannery from the Office, Sam J Jones, Steve Blum, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, WWE's Lita, Gigi Edgley, Muppeteer Steve Whitmire and Peter Macon from the Orville as guests, as well as PWP Pro Wrestling, comics writers and artists, a full arena of vendors, and, on Sunday morning, a panel of corgis dressed in superhero costumes. I hope you come check it out!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

bayliss wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:11 pm It's happening again next weekend - June 28-30th at the MAC again. We've got Kate Flannery from the Office, Sam J Jones, Steve Blum, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, WWE's Lita, Gigi Edgley, Muppeteer Steve Whitmire and Peter Macon from the Orville as guests, as well as PWP Pro Wrestling, comics writers and artists, a full arena of vendors, and, on Sunday morning, a panel of corgis dressed in superhero costumes. I hope you come check it out!
DOn't know what it says about me or the crowd that is going to be there but I do not recognise even one of the names of the guests.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I think Sam Jones was Flash Gordon back in the movie in the 80's (Timothy Dalton was in the movie too).

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube]
[/youtube]