Adana's Kebob House

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Adana's Kebob House

Post by garyomaha »

(I could have sworn there was already a thread on this, but I cannot find it.)

Over a year ago, some relatives introduced me to Adana's Kebob House in Bellevue. Way out of my normal travels but the food was great and service was well above normal. So, when they opened a location near 76th & Cass, not far from me, I was happy.

HOWEVER, the service at the new location, over multiple visits, was way below expectations. Food seemed good, but everything from order-taking to food preparation and even payment was s-l-o-w. It was like the team hadn't been trained or was new each time.

Today I went past the Adana's on Cass and it appears to be closed. I don't know if the Bellevue location is still operating. Their food (both locations) was good, but their service in Omaha might have been one reason they closed.

Anyone know anything about this?
Padre
Human Relations

Re: Adana's Kebob House

Post by Padre »

The location on Cass is closed and for lease. The Facebook page for the Bellevue location says it will reopen tomorrow, with new ownership.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

The Bellevue location changed ownership and then closed (in 2018?). Odd as it seemed like it was doing well under original owners. They would even deliver on Offutt AFB which is a huge plus for the area. Some of it is because I don't think people really got it. Everyone seemed to be expecting a cheap strip mall gyros place when really it was more of a Turkish kebab restaurant. So, the "Gyros & Fries for $6.95" crowd was disappointed.

I believe Papa Reno's relocated from 28th & Capehart Road to Adana's former location in Twin Creek Plaza.
Last edited by ChadJK on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Tried to check out the Bellevue location 2 years ago, only to find out that it was closed---looked like a fast-casual place, and the reviews were good. Omaha needs a good Turkish/Eastern Mediterranean restaurant. I really like the food from that part of the world. One of the best meals I've had was at a Turkish/Lebanese (with some North African dishes) place in NYC----it was OMG good.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

ricko wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:51 pm Tried to check out the Bellevue location 2 years ago, only to find out that it was closed---looked like a fast-casual place, and the reviews were good. Omaha needs a good Turkish/Eastern Mediterranean restaurant. I really like the food from that part of the world. One of the best meals I've had was at a Turkish/Lebanese (with some North African dishes) place in NYC----it was OMG good.
I like El Basha. I think it's Lebanese.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Thanks for the tip. I forgot about this place, and had been meaning to check it out when I visit.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

ricko wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:27 pm Thanks for the tip. I forgot about this place, and had been meaning to check it out when I visit.
Mediterranean Bistro on 120th St just south of Blondo (the same strip plaza where Hurts Doughnuts is located) completely blows El Basha out of the water..WAY higher quality…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 pm Mediterranean Bistro on 120th St just south of Blondo (the same strip plaza where Hurts Doughnuts is located) completely blows El Basha out of the water..WAY higher quality…
Really? I like Mediterranean Bistro, but I wouldn't say it blowes El Basha out of the water. I have only been to Mediterranean Bistro a few times, but go to El Basha quite often.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 pm Mediterranean Bistro on 120th St just south of Blondo (the same strip plaza where Hurts Doughnuts is located) completely blows El Basha out of the water..WAY higher quality…
Really? I like Mediterranean Bistro, but I wouldn't say it blowes El Basha out of the water. I have only been to Mediterranean Bistro a few times, but go to El Basha quite often.
Absolutely. The Kabobs at Mediterranean Bistro are MUCH better than El Basha.. Much higher quality imo. Like you, I’ve eaten at both pretty often..

Everyone’s palate is different though…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:58 am
Brad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 am
Absolutely. The Kabobs at Mediterranean Bistro are MUCH better than El Basha.. Much higher quality imo. Like you, I’ve eaten at both pretty often..

Everyone’s palate is different though…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Agreed